Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Auction needs changing. Badly.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Auction needs changing. Badly.

Arysta
12.27.2011 , 09:18 PM | #91
Worst auction house since Everquest where you had to stay logged in and in a certain zone.

Arconon
12.27.2011 , 09:21 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Mookz View Post
I would be fine with just an item name search, without having to fill out those damn [REQUIRED] slots. Half the time I don't know the category and sub-category of the item, just the name.
Quoted for truth!

Benk
12.27.2011 , 09:22 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by somejerk View Post
Love how "go back to WoW" is everyone's argument to when a large part of the community wants something to be changed for the better. It has a better auction house and also the GTN is an AH. Deal with it
If there is no bidding, it is not an AH. It is a sales kiosk, much akin to the bazaar in EQ.

Arconon
12.27.2011 , 09:24 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Zetara View Post
Also, when I have navigated through 500 leg/hand/belt/chest slots to find 1 helmet because I can't search by slot, stop having my window disappear because my crew member comes back from a mission, meaning I have to go back in, set all the limited filters we have and scroll through all the bloody items all over again!!!!
So true!!!
The windows management is the worst part of the UI - and that's saying a LOT!!!!
This "feature" has annoyed me countless times already.

ShiryouOni
12.27.2011 , 09:24 PM | #95
If there was a simple search feature it would do wonders for the system. If they would just copy that other big mmos auction house system everything would be better.

cwmedic
12.29.2011 , 02:00 PM | #96
Badly needs a shift/click item name only search. Stop with the required fields. PLEASE give us a useful GTN! This is horrible.

Mightytoon
12.30.2011 , 11:49 AM | #97
A more direct search interface woukld b a good improvement.Also would b nice if the crew skill window can remain open while u browse thru the gtn. Alsi linking items just does not work well
Demba - Mercenary : The Swiftsure

Iheamylap
12.30.2011 , 11:52 AM | #98
This has probably been said, but I don't have time to sift through 10 pages, so I will be brief and generally give my support:

Besides the lack of refined search tools, it is VERY frustrating that:

1. There are not GTN terminals in every major starport; thus making it less of an incentive for leveling players to purchase crafted goods.

2. The Neutral (Nar Shadda) and Imperial & Rebel GTN's are not linked.

These and other things work to make it unnecessarily more difficult for crafters to sell goods and pay for grinding.

Darth_Gao_Gao
12.30.2011 , 12:00 PM | #99
please fix this. in other MMOs, i have always taken enjoyment in manipulating the economy. it is far too painful in this game to engage in such an endeavor. at the very least, have a search function, and the ability to shift click an item and see its related market data.

Morrighane
12.30.2011 , 02:10 PM | #100
I agree the design of the GTN is absolutely appalling. It doesn't need to be fixed, it needs to be scrapped and redesigned from scratch. For a game that copied everything from WoW to the nth degree, it would have been nice if they copied WoW's auction house with the functionality provided by the Auctioneer mod.

Creating an interface that requires you to search through hundreds of items displayed with a tiny, illegible font only to be interrupted by your comps returning from missions and forcing you to go through the whole grueling process again shows a stunning lack of common sense on Bioware's part.

This never should have made it past the drawing board let alone through Beta and into the Release.