Slicing...all you need to know why it will be nerfed.

KetMalice

1 Account-6 characters-5 companions. Assume a 5k net per hour per companion (Much higher)

6x5=30

30x5000

150k an hour

3.6 million a day.

25.3 million a week.

Assume 10 accounts

36 million a day

253 million a week

Assume 100 accounts

360 million a day

2.53 billion a week

And all you need is one china farmer switching accounts hitting a button.

Do I even need to say anything else?

Edit: Since people are so adamant about saying I am full of it. Please refer to this spreadsheet. It easily shows several missions at 100+ credits a minute. I am so sorry that most of you naysayers can't figure out that it is not optimal to run 400 level missions just because you have 400 slicing.

Edited by KetMalice

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do people get these slicing numbers from? The high end missions I can do cost 2k and give me 4k so I only make 2k. Not to mention the list runs out of high end missions very quick and leave me with low end missions that barely make 300 creds. All the missions take 30 mins as well. I do not see how you can take a crew of 5 and send them only on high yield missions since you simple run out of them.

awesome post. Does this take into account Failures? Time spent getting slicing to the level required to ''make" 5k a run? (which from what I have heard is fairly rare occurrence) Does this take into account the eventual banning of the account and the sudden lost of all those credits?

evidence for the win. Not half thought out posts please.:rolleyes:

Where do people get these slicing numbers from? The high end missions I can do cost 2k and give me 4k so I only make 2k. Not to mention the list runs out of high end missions very quick and leave me with low end missions that barely make 300 creds. All the missions take 30 mins as well. I do not see how you can take a crew of 5 and send them only on high yield missions since you simple run out of them.

At 400 slicing? Hour mission

At 400 slicing? Hour mission

Yes I do have 400 slicing. The missions are 30 mins each for lock boxes. There are two high yield missions from rank 5 and none from rank 6. Anything not the rank 5 high yield missions gives me next to nothing if I dont fail. The rank 5 high yield boxes are not always on the list and I cannot exclusively do them. The high yield ones only give me about 2k profit when successful.

At 400 slicing let me enlighten you alittle.

I only get 5k yield on a rich mission, which if I get lucky I can only send 2 companions on a level 5 rich mission at a time, usually one. Cost 2k to send. So that's 3k yield. At most you can make maybe 10-12k credits an hour. Not including failures and other factors. I might have even shot high on that number.

Now lets take into conclusion it takes 1 hour to make 10k credits slicing, why not assume that's just like a minimum wage, if it takes 1 hour to collect 50x level 6 compound metals in that same time frame could we not assume those will sell on the AH for at least 10k making scavenging equally as profitable as slicing.

All these people saying slicing is this huge money maker are WRONG. This is NOT true, and please stop making the money you make seem alot better then it truly is. You say 5k per mission... that is NOT the case.

At 400 slicing it costs about 1.7k credits to take the mission, 37mins to complete the mission, and a possible box with 1.3k-2.3k credits. Also take into account the chance you have to FAIL your mission, which for me is STILL about 25%.

In the event you "crit" and recieve a BLUE RARE CREDIT BOX, it MAY contain 4-5k credits, but I have only seen 4.5k credits from such a box, and I have only gotten THREE of those boxes.

I'm sick of the QQ about slicing being bad for the economy, when the other gathering skills mats are selling like hottcakes.

I had slicing and scavenging at the SAME time, I made MORE money sending out people to scavenge then I made opening credit boxes... (GTN ffs)

I have MAYBE made 100k since getting slicing, which includes my GTN sales for scavenge, and any cybertech items that actually sold.

Stop your lying, and false credit making tales.

While i do agree that these numbers are exaggerated, i have taken slicing, because right now, the economy for the is not yet established or is not stable if it is.

I tend to have a level 27 shadow with my slicing at 270 or so and each slicing mission, assuming it succeeds nets me between 1300-3500 credits each mission.

1300 = successful - White Quality Case

3500 = flawless mission - Green Quality case or higher

Overall, they really can't nerf this skill, because its the ONLY way to make any money and have you seen the prices of skills at the higher levels??

I hope they don't nerf this skill, i mean, to make your own gear, you need LOADS of money to level up the skill and since there are orange quality gear, armour making and weapon making are useless, they are non-profit, while mod making will be the UTMOST profitable crafting skill.

Without the crafting skills, you need slicing to make credits, which allow you to buy overpriced items on the Galactic Trade Network.

So, i REALY hope they leave slicing as it is.

Also, I was convinced by people like you that Slicing was the best profession to take... under false posts just like yours. Now I have slicing, its maxed (yay?), but I think about dropping it non-stop. The only reason I have not is because I have no idea if Augments are going to be worth to keep it end-game wise.

Right now I have Cybertech, Underworld Trading, and Slicing.

Guess what my income is? ... just about nothing from those above.

Were do I make my money?

Buying/Reselling mats on the GTN because people are stupid enough not to see what their stuff is worth and post's at default value.

Let me offer up a couple of counter arguments:

1) An in game economy where people can easily get their old gold negates the need for buying it

2) buying said gold is the most common way to get your account, credit card, etc hacked and stolen/used/account banned.

Add those numbers up.

All these people saying slicing is this huge money maker are WRONG. This is NOT true, and please stop making the money you make seem alot better then it truly is. You say 5k per mission... that is NOT the case.

At 400 slicing it costs about 1.7k credits to take the mission, 37mins to complete the mission, and a possible box with 1.3k-2.3k credits. Also take into account the chance you have to FAIL your mission, which for me is STILL about 25%.

In the event you "crit" and recieve a BLUE RARE CREDIT BOX, it MAY contain 4-5k credits, but I have only seen 4.5k credits from such a box, and I have only gotten THREE of those boxes.

I'm sick of the QQ about slicing being bad for the economy, when the other gathering skills mats are selling like hottcakes.

I had slicing and scavenging at the SAME time, I made MORE money sending out people to scavenge then I made opening credit boxes... (GTN ffs)

I have MAYBE made 100k since getting slicing, which includes my GTN sales for scavenge, and any cybertech items that actually sold.

Stop your lying, and false credit making tales.

How have you made a profit with scavenging?? cause when i look, all its selling for is like 500 credits for 99 silica, which isn't very profitable to me anyway.

Maybe its the server i am on??

While i do agree that these numbers are exaggerated, i have taken slicing, because right now, the economy for the is not yet established or is not stable if it is.

I tend to have a level 27 shadow with my slicing at 270 or so and each slicing mission, assuming it succeeds nets me between 1300-3500 credits each mission.

1300 = successful - White Quality Case

3500 = flawless mission - Green Quality case or higher

Overall, they really can't nerf this skill, because its the ONLY way to make any money and have you seen the prices of skills at the higher levels??

I hope they don't nerf this skill, i mean, to make your own gear, you need LOADS of money to level up the skill and since there are orange quality gear, armour making and weapon making are useless, they are non-profit, while mod making will be the UTMOST profitable crafting skill.

Without the crafting skills, you need slicing to make credits, which allow you to buy overpriced items on the Galactic Trade Network.

So, i REALY hope they leave slicing as it is.

THANK YOU, you are a smart person. People cannot see how this flow of credits, even if its just a little, HELPS everyone out. Were do you think credits come from? When that little stack of 5x random metal sells to someone on the GTN ,who choose slicing over a gathering profession... did not YOU make out with the moolah?

The credit flow is a great thing to help build a stable economy. If not everyone would just vendor all their stuff because it wouldnt sell to other players.

I am level 43, have slicing 400 and all companions. So far, I can send out four of them at the same time ( I guess that'll go up to 5 at 50 ).

Mostly I am getting back my investment, with one companion out of four normally bringing back a lockbox with 4-5k Credits. So my total gain per half hour with four companions out is an incredible 2000-3000 credits, hooray. Maybe double that with good luck.

The people whining about slicing are exagerrating very much. I have yet to see a single lockbox with 10000 credits. I think I never ever got over 6000.

THANK YOU, you are a smart person. People cannot see how this flow of credits, even if its just a little, HELPS everyone out. Were do you think credits come from? When that little stack of 5x random metal sells to someone on the GTN ,who choose slicing over a gathering profession... did not YOU make out with the moolah?

The credit flow is a great thing to help build a stable economy. If not everyone would just vendor all their stuff because it wouldnt sell to other players.

Well, i tend to vendor pretty much anything that i can't use and my companions can't use, because putting it on the GTN is pointless since gear is pointless when you have orange quality gear, which never needs to be replaced, just the modules.

I personally am not a fan of crafting, never have been, on wow i always did mining and skinning, that always made my gold, i have a US account and a EU account (US is disabled at the moment) and on the US one, i have 50k gold and on the EU one, i have 75k gold, all from mining and skinning.

Slicing is a good money maker, but not as high as the topic starter is indicating.

Jamie - you have a great question, and I have an great answer :D

Silica is crap.. poo poo... so is desh.

The money is in the next step up, and quite a bit of money their. These mats are used quite a bit for crew skills, especially cybertech. Guess who gets cybertech? The slicers, for recipes. What does that do? ... it leaves a missing gathering profession that they use all them "grand" credits they make from those silly lockboxes to spend in the GTN on mats.

Right now, since the market is SO DRIVEN by people slicing.. its leaving a gap in a gathering profession they might need, like going scavenging or underworld trading.

I hope that was confusing =O

Eitherway, after you get out of Desh, and Silica... the money gets hella good. I miss it, and regret dropping it for cypertech =/ Blah im an idiot.

How have you made a profit with scavenging?? cause when i look, all its selling for is like 500 credits for 99 silica, which isn't very profitable to me anyway.

Maybe its the server i am on??

yeah its your server.

I sell Bronzium for 500 for a stack of 10. I sell Grade 2 and grade 3 purple mats for 1k a piece. So... wait for your economy to stabilize and INFLATION (oh my god!) Kick in and allow you to make money off your gathering professions ( oh my goodness. Good Inflation)

yeah its your server.

I sell Bronzium for 500 for a stack of 10. I sell Grade 2 and grade 3 purple mats for 1k a piece. So... wait for your economy to stabilize and INFLATION (oh my god!) Kick in and allow you to make money off your gathering professions ( oh my goodness. Good Inflation)

I was referring to Desh and Silica, i guess i am used to WoW with light leather and copper bars selling for alot, so i thought it would be similar in this game, i was wrong.

OP is pulling numbers out of no where, glad everyone seems to notice. The problem is anything is the other crew skills not slicing. Low level gear is useless when you are getting the type of gear that bioware gives away from quests. If quests didn't offer any blue or better gear than crafting skills would probably be better off. So nerfing slicing really won't help other skills at all.

I fear that slicing will be nerfed into total uselessness with the amount of fact-free whining going on about it.

Lets hope they have common sense to check it themselves and basing it on the cost of skills and other things, i mean, players are having trouble getting enough credits for the speederbike training, so i am thinking slicing is and should be as it is now.

Original Poster - You are misinformed. Pick up Slicing and try it yourself before you make up stupid numbers. I *net* maybe 1500 per box (slight chance of yielding 2000 - 5000) per 30 minutes. That is 4500 for 3 characters or about 9000 per hour. This price doesn't even cover 1 Ability after 30. Get your fact straight and stop ruining the only thing that could boost and keep an Economy flourishing.

I fear that slicing will be nerfed into total uselessness with the amount of fact-free whining going on about it.

It already has. If you had Slicing day one and compare it to now it has been extremely nerfed. 400 Slicing yields no profit what so ever. Abundant/Bountiful/Rich never even show up. You can lose mad credits in Slicing now. Treasure Hunting may be the way to go now.

Edited by REMoyen

Original Poster - You are misinformed. Pick up Slicing and try it yourself before you make up stupid numbers. I *net* maybe 1500 per box (slight chance of yielding 2000 - 5000) per 30 minutes. That is 4500 for 3 characters or about 9000 per hour. This price doesn't even cover 1 Ability after 30. Get your fact straight and stop ruining the only thing that could boost and keep an Economy flourishing.

It already has. If you had Slicing day one and compare it to now it has been extremely nerfed. 400 Slicing yields no profit what so ever. Abundant/Bountiful/Rich never even show up. You can lose mad credits in Slicing now. Treasure Hunting may be the way to go now.

Please view said spreadsheet. My "wording" was maybe incorrect. It was netting 5k per hour, per companion.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ArCSGLnwZLADdGxYdlhEejBFclBjR3l1N29OaW1kYUE&output=html

Anything else?