Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A few thoughts on PVP...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
A few thoughts on PVP...

Tooslick
12.23.2011 , 07:04 PM | #11
Solid suggestions but, unfortunately, they will fall on deaf ears. Some of this same stuff was brought up in beta 6 months ago.

Jessicayla
12.23.2011 , 07:12 PM | #12
I would actually agree with everything BUT the manually facing someone issue.

I absolutely, ABSOLUTELY love that, as running THROUGH someone (which is stupid in itself) just to cancel their LONG AS HELL CAST TIME MOVE effectively rendering them a crappy class is beyond reason to me why WoW did that. It's completely, absolutely, and UTTERLY fair that I get to aim at you whereever you go, when, all melee have to do is be ON me. Do you not get the imbalance that the opposite creates?

Melee gets to hit me as long as they're next to me. In the current state of the game, so do I, as long as I can see you. Might want to use environment more. What, you think I DON'T get to hit you, as a squishier class, just because you run inside and behind me? lol, that's ridiculous. The TRADE OFF is that those classes are squishier.

Well, BH excluded because I think the class needs some tweaking.

But regardless, it's completely fair.
Unsubscribed until further notice.

Aandolas
12.24.2011 , 01:25 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Jessicayla View Post
I would actually agree with everything BUT the manually facing someone issue.

I absolutely, ABSOLUTELY love that, as running THROUGH someone (which is stupid in itself) just to cancel their LONG AS HELL CAST TIME MOVE effectively rendering them a crappy class is beyond reason to me why WoW did that. It's completely, absolutely, and UTTERLY fair that I get to aim at you whereever you go, when, all melee have to do is be ON me. Do you not get the imbalance that the opposite creates?

Melee gets to hit me as long as they're next to me. In the current state of the game, so do I, as long as I can see you. Might want to use environment more. What, you think I DON'T get to hit you, as a squishier class, just because you run inside and behind me? lol, that's ridiculous. The TRADE OFF is that those classes are squishier.

Well, BH excluded because I think the class needs some tweaking.

But regardless, it's completely fair.
I don't think you understand the base argument. We are not talking about cast time abilities here. Obviously you have to stand still for those and you shouldn't be able to dance through them. I am talking about the instant cast ranged abilities in the game like dots, stuns, knockbacks, pistol blasts, bombs, grenades, darts etc... The classes with these can dance around a melee at range spamming these attacks while the melee spends most of his time just trying to face the right direction spamming his keys until he gets lucky and the game registers the person in front of you and attacks. Not to mention trying to keep the person within the 4m range so the attacks can land. Worst of all the warrior classes have significantly less cc's then the other classes, and 1 gap closer on a 30 second cooldown.

Aandolas
12.24.2011 , 01:43 PM | #14
*Updated* 1:43pm 12/24/11

Red_Cruiser
12.25.2011 , 10:29 AM | #15
My thoughts on PvP...

...is that it feels too much like Warhammer and they have not learned much of anything from Warhammer's "success". Don't mistake the fact that people were looking for something good to say about Warhammer that the PvP in that game was actually all that good. After you got past level 19, the PvP in that game really turned into a goat *&%.