Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why are there no more invites for the day?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why are there no more invites for the day?

Delria
12.13.2011 , 02:45 PM | #1
I don't much care that I didn't get in today - in my mind, EGA doesn't start until the fifteenth so whatever.

But, I don't really understand and can't find an answer as to why invites stopped going out for the day. Wouldn't you want to keep rolling them out so as to get as many people in as possible?

Also to make it so some of us get more than a few hours of early access.

Skoobie
12.13.2011 , 02:48 PM | #2
So they can analyze the data they are collecting and keep an eye on the servers.

Today isn't about "how many people we can get in", its about keeping the servers stable.

Cameirus
12.13.2011 , 02:48 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Delria View Post
I don't much care that I didn't get in today - in my mind, EGA doesn't start until the fifteenth so whatever.

But, I don't really understand and can't find an answer as to why invites stopped going out for the day. Wouldn't you want to keep rolling them out so as to get as many people in as possible?

well, its because BW really care about its customers and are prepared to go that extra mile.....oh wait.
Its aparantly bed time and they all need their sleep.....

Skoobie
12.13.2011 , 02:50 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Cameirus View Post
well, its because BW really care about its customers and are prepared to go that extra mile.....oh wait.
Its aparantly bed time and they all need their sleep.....
You're very shortsighted if you can't see that they ARE going that extra mile for us, just by extending the early access and inviting in waves.

What's the point of inviting a thousands and thousands of players if the server crashes and no one can play??

Can you share the link where Bioware said that everyone went home?

Esaru
12.13.2011 , 02:51 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Skoobie View Post
You're very shortsighted if you can't see that they ARE going that extra mile for us.

What's the point of inviting a thousands and thousands of players if the server crashes and no one can play??
but that's exactly the reason why they waited a couple hours in between each wave.

what makes the last wave any different that they need to wait until the next day? Why not keeping bringing people in?
|⋮⋮⋮⋮⋮⋮⋮⋮⋮⋮≬[.]███████████████████████████████████████)|

jgoldsack
12.13.2011 , 02:51 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Skoobie View Post
So they can analyze the data they are collecting and keep an eye on the servers.

Today isn't about "how many people we can get in", its about keeping the servers stable.
This is what it is. But most people don't understand what is involved in launching an MMO of this scale.

redtimemonkey
12.13.2011 , 02:52 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Delria View Post

http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=6438

sidfu
12.13.2011 , 02:53 PM | #8
they all at the bars right now laughing at us saying what idiots we where to spend 5$ to get ega but we not realy gonna get it

Skuldar
12.13.2011 , 02:53 PM | #9
I assume they want to see how full and stable the servers are tonight after people get out of school and work. Only then will they know how many new servers to plan on adding for tomorrow.

Personally, I'd just as soon get in for an early wave tomorrow on a new server than be one of the last to join a high pop server and have to settle for last pickings on names.

lilbyte
12.13.2011 , 02:53 PM | #10
"Why are there no more invites for the day?"

Because they know as much bytching and whining people do about it... they will take it an sit around waiting to play. Pretty simple really.