Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How Do You Feel About Legacy Names?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How Do You Feel About Legacy Names?

howieloader
07.28.2014 , 07:18 AM | #1
Someone I know was recently reported for having a legacy name that violated the ToS because its a Star Wars related name... Someone had to report this person for whatever reason, I never thought anything about it... For instance there are several people on my server with the legacy name "Marr"... That doesn't bother me at all, even if it is against the ToS, am I alone in my not caring about this or does it really annoy some people enough to report others over it???

Darth_Wicked
07.28.2014 , 07:34 AM | #2
Sorry for not investigating that but... Why is Marr against the ToS exactly?
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link )
Quote: Originally Posted by Moff Phennir answers the Call to Arms
I'm proud of earning my position, but a great Moff must be selfless--we live and die for the Sith.

howieloader
07.28.2014 , 07:41 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Sorry for not investigating that but... Why is Marr against the ToS exactly?
Edited- Post below explains.

hadoken
07.28.2014 , 07:51 AM | #4
I think in general your character names are not supposed to reflect famous NPC/character names (from this IP or others). That's standard in most MMOs, but rarely enforced. Personally I don't care as there's too many violations for them to really stomp it out completely, so it's just not worth the hassle IMO.

JediQuaker
07.28.2014 , 07:58 AM | #5
It's not necessarily true that someone got 'reported'. The name could have been noticed by a mod, or someone else connected to BIOware, SWtOR, etc.