Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stronghold transit time; Legacy Storage rocks.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Stronghold transit time; Legacy Storage rocks.

BuriDogshin
07.28.2014 , 05:36 AM | #1
On the PTS, dId a quick test of how long it would take to quick-travel to my Stronghold, get something (like gear, a stim, or an adrenal) from Legacy Storage, and go back to the exact point I was at before I traveled.
Spoiler

Total time travel time: 35 seconds. Time to get something from my Legacy Storage (located near the entrance): 10-20 seconds.

Yeah, I'm going to love my Stronghold and Legacy Storage.
Going Preferred January 31, 2015.

LordArtemis
07.28.2014 , 05:38 AM | #2
This is one strong plus with Strongholds IMO. Especially considering the amount and type of terminals you can add.

BuriDogshin
07.28.2014 , 11:38 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
This is one strong plus with Strongholds IMO. Especially considering the amount and type of terminals you can add.
Yep. The travel options associated with Strongholds provide a reason why everyone will want at least the inexpensive one they can get on their homeworld. Also note that the Strongholds are located on planets without Priority Travel terminals.

BuriDogshin
07.28.2014 , 04:43 PM | #4
Update: I timed the round-trip travel time to go from the Nar Shadaa Stronghold to my starship and back: under 30 seconds, including the time to select the trips. The available crew skill missions changed each time I moved.

Changing from one stronghold to another took about the same amount of time (15 seconds), and also changed the available crew missions.

Docmal
07.28.2014 , 05:32 PM | #5
Usually Load times are significantly longer in the live game because of increased populations. I wonder if this will affect housing load times.
Feeling Parsecseh?
<Redemption> @ The Shadowlands
Handrew - Shadow Tank Drewbacca - Guardian DPS
& 13 more...

Pietrastor
07.28.2014 , 05:35 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Docmal View Post
Usually Load times are significantly longer in the live game because of increased populations. I wonder if this will affect housing load times.
Most of it seems to have to do with size/complexity of the map. Fleet with hundreds of characters loads way faster than Hoth or Alderaan that may not even have any players at a given time. Ships are the tiniest and load the fastest.

Jeweledleah
07.28.2014 , 07:11 PM | #7
traveling between ship and stronghold is fast as expected, because smaller instance = shorter loading screen.

however - traveling from planet to stronghold and back ... still sticks you with a planetary loading screen.

so... just grabbing stuff out of storage from my experiment didn't save any time over just mailing stims and whatever over. in fact. when i needed to send legacy gear over - it was faster to just mail it becasue I still had loading screens from switching between characters, but I didn't have an extra loading screen from going back to planet after traveling to stronghold to pick that legacy gear up.
/shrug.

however traveling between strongholds (or between stronghold and ship) with purpose of getting better crew skills missions is going to be useful for sure

BuriDogshin
07.28.2014 , 07:51 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
however traveling between strongholds (or between stronghold and ship) with purpose of getting better crew skills missions is going to be useful for sure
It also provides a fast way to get to four planets that are not on the Priority Transport terminals.

Jeweledleah
07.28.2014 , 08:00 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by BuriDogshin View Post
It also provides a fast way to get to four planets that are not on the Priority Transport terminals.
well... I've been using legacy transport for Tat and DK/Coruscant, but this is actualy pretty damn good idea and without the associated cooldown - thanks I wasn't going to unlock Tat stronghold, but given this, I may actualy consider it after all. maybe. capitol worlds are so cheap, its definitely worth it.

BuriDogshin
07.28.2014 , 10:37 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
well... I've been using legacy transport for Tat and DK/Coruscant, but this is actualy pretty damn good idea and without the associated cooldown - thanks I wasn't going to unlock Tat stronghold, but given this, I may actualy consider it after all. maybe. capitol worlds are so cheap, its definitely worth it.
And when you exit your Stronghold to the planet, it drops you right into the marketplace (right next to the giant gold Hutt on Nar Shadaa, for example). Pretty convenient.