Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I just squandered 4-5 million credits.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I just squandered 4-5 million credits.

Infernixx
07.28.2014 , 08:40 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
So, I couldn't sleep last night because of the heat so I stared playing the game at 2am.
I was buying up some mats in preparation for crafting for strongholds and I wasn't paying attention to the prices.

Someone had apparantly put up Beryllius for 1.17 million creadits each. Since I was just buying in bulk and not really looking at the prices (since regular pricing usually isn't a problem for me) I just pressed the "sort by individual item price" button, but must have pressed it twice so it sorted highest first. I was surprised when suddenly the game told me I couldn't afford to buy more items...
I had 6+ million credits when I looked up Beryllius on the GTN, so I must have bought 4-5 of his super-overpriced Beryllius mats before the game told me I couldn't afford more.

Moral of the story here kids, is; Don't buy anything off the GTN at 2 am when you're dead tired

Oh well, back to grinding dailies
Nothing good happens after 2am.

I've learned to never ever ever mess with the GTN once I get tired.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Andrellma
07.28.2014 , 08:42 AM | #12
I must say...I'm impressed.

Usually forum posts like this go along the lines of "waaah someone had something overpriced on the GTN. BW give me back my money!"

MillionsKNives
07.28.2014 , 08:56 AM | #13
I've learned that one should never list/buy/vendor or manage files after midnight or early in the morning.

A while ago when the Hydra set was selling for around a million I accidentally listed one at default price late at night. Another time I accidentally sold my two Dread Master [augmented] implants from my tank set (I was wearing my DPS set) while cleaning out some of my inventory. And another time early in the morning after installing a new harddrive I decided to copy my old files to the new one and then reformat the old harddrive. Well I copied my game installations over, but not my collection of class story videos which contained half the class story of my Sniper and Shadow. Those last two hit right in the gut.

Thankfully for my implants the CS rep restored them within a couple days. They even restored them with the augments in them, as well as the two augment kits I had used on them. Funny thing if you take a closer look at what I just wrote, the implants I got were not augmented, however they came with the augments already in them. Unaugmented augmented implants.

For the files, I'm fortunate enough that I didn't put anything on the new drive before realizing my mistake, and was able to recover all of my files using a free program called recuva. I only had trouble with one file which lost its indexing but a little bit of work with virtualdub and it worked just fine again.

*phew*

wainot-keel
07.28.2014 , 09:00 AM | #14
yup... I've seen this tactic a few times. First time was on my Jedi Covenant armomech, where I'm far from rich, and I needed 2 more kit parts for another kit slot. Went to the GTN., clicked on the unit price once or twice, it looked the lowest, but it wasnt, the item was red (not enough credits). Taking a closer look, what it seemed decimals were actually thousand separator
I think the trick is actually putting the highest price, so when you click a few times to get the lowest one, the item is at the top and it seems ok because of the decimal thing..... pretty low tactic..

TheSeventhJedi
07.28.2014 , 09:00 AM | #15
Wow, sucks for you - but you probably just made that seller's day!

DragonLord
07.28.2014 , 09:08 AM | #16
That's why I've gotten in the habit to click on the price column and toggle it so the lowest prices show first. Quoting from Admiral Ackbar - "It's A Trap!"

DOHboy
07.28.2014 , 09:10 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
So, I couldn't sleep last night because of the heat so I stared playing the game at 2am.
I was buying up some mats in preparation for crafting for strongholds and I wasn't paying attention to the prices.

Someone had apparantly put up Beryllius for 1.17 million creadits each. Since I was just buying in bulk and not really looking at the prices (since regular pricing usually isn't a problem for me) I just pressed the "sort by individual item price" button, but must have pressed it twice so it sorted highest first. I was surprised when suddenly the game told me I couldn't afford to buy more items...
I had 6+ million credits when I looked up Beryllius on the GTN, so I must have bought 4-5 of his super-overpriced Beryllius mats before the game told me I couldn't afford more.

Moral of the story here kids, is; Don't buy anything off the GTN at 2 am when you're dead tired

Oh well, back to grinding dailies
In other news... I just made 4 Million credits on Junk MATS!!!! I wish

Yeah nothing ever good comes from doing things when you should be sleeping. might I suggest a nice boring book next time. or maybe AC

Rankyn
07.28.2014 , 09:27 AM | #18
Ouch.
I got a harsh lesson in not paying attention that time I accidentally deleted my main character.
Ever since then I'm always extra cautious when doing anything like spending money when I'm tired.

Darth_Wicked
07.28.2014 , 09:32 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
Ouch.
I got a harsh lesson in not paying attention that time I accidentally deleted my main character.
Ever since then I'm always extra cautious when doing anything like spending money when I'm tired.
How did you even manage that? You have to type down the name before deleting it.
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link FAQ )
Quote: Originally Posted by Guss This: A Failed Padawan Story
Have you heard this one? "There once was a Mon Cal from Dac. He wore a jetpack on his back..."
"He liked to shoot blasters, and fly even faster. He was a Mando-Cal attack."

MillionsKNives
07.28.2014 , 09:38 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
How did you even manage that? You have to type down the name before deleting it.
You just have to type "delete". You might be thinking of another game.