Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No outrage about the vendor rep items?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
No outrage about the vendor rep items?

OddballEasyEight
07.27.2014 , 03:29 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
The decoration one can get with cartel certificates are not that interesting, and plenty of people already have those certificates and don't know what to buy with them anyway.
And that's not the point of this thread.

You only read the headline I presume?
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Thoop
07.27.2014 , 03:30 PM | #62
i'm mad as hell and i'm not going to take it any more
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
I've been waiting for you, Thoop. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the poster; now *I* am the troll!
#myfreeswagreferallink- > http://www.swtor.com/r/4cqDGG

Drudenfusz
07.27.2014 , 03:43 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
And that's not the point of this thread.

You only read the headline I presume?
Those decorations that need cartel certificates are the only ones that are gated, everything else will be available on the GTN soon enough. Are you new to this game? Imean you would know that, that is why I responded only on what might be an issue, since everthing else is a completly a non-issue here, if it is just about the decoartions of the packs, you will be able to get everything you want without having to buy a single pack, just look into your GTN. Is that really that hard?
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

OddballEasyEight
07.27.2014 , 05:50 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
Those decorations that need cartel certificates are the only ones that are gated, everything else will be available on the GTN soon enough. Are you new to this game? Imean you would know that, that is why I responded only on what might be an issue, since everthing else is a completly a non-issue here, if it is just about the decoartions of the packs, you will be able to get everything you want without having to buy a single pack, just look into your GTN. Is that really that hard?
This is what I'm talking about.

Not the cartel certificate vendors.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Transairion
07.28.2014 , 12:10 AM | #65
You're really pulling at straws here.

Every companion customization is unique, for starters, so you can remove all those from the equation already.

Goggles I've seen on another set somewhere, but even if they are unique the first vendor had a unique eyepatch so your point is invalid.

The weapons are all remodels of existing weapons (literally the first one is a Hyperstorm Heavy Cannon with some new doodads), said models just move now. 90% chance of having non-unique firing sounds.

Throne is a remodeled Command Throne. Previous vendors also had the Alderaan Crown and silver podracer so this isn't anything new either.... actually less so since the Throne is less of a unique model than those two.

So no, there's no outrage because this has been going on forever. It's a carrot, nothing more, and when the carrot sucks (like ICE Reputation) nobody chases it. Evidently they learned their lesson somewhat and put in something actually desirable this time.

And no this isn't major content of a patch either, so no-one is outraged because it's just fluff you can 100% ignore.

Kind of hard for Bioware to go:

Legacy Storage! (but it'll cost 50 mil)

Guild Flagships! (but it'll cost 50 mil)

Strongholds! (but it'll cost something reasonable so ok)

Of course we're going be outraged when they want our subs and then give us content blocked by a huge money wall.

TLDR: If you had an issue with Cartel Reputation you missed the boat by like a year, this is nothing new

Also, 3/4 of the current PTS Cartel Packs are unfinished and all contain identical weapon models so as far as we know these 'unique' rewards might be in there recoloured as well, then you'll have nothing to complain about.

Kulyok
07.28.2014 , 04:02 AM | #66
I've checked the vendor rep items from Dulfy, and here's what I see:
- no cool items;
- except the hoverchair;
- but the hoverchair's got something that looks like white guano on top of it;
- there'll be another no-hologram hoverchair reskin in one of the next packs, and it'll be available from GTN.
Free subscription for 7 days, extra inventory tab and more through Friends of SWTOR program, my link: http://www.swtor.com/r/kvLxZh

BrintoSFJ
07.28.2014 , 04:22 AM | #67
So people are outraged that guild ships are 50 mil despite it being pretty easy for a guild to scrape that together.
And they are outraged because the cost to unlock all 5 tabs in the legacy bank is 50 mil even tho they don't really need the tabs.

But nobody cares that you'll have to buy at least one hypercrate, but most likely more, of the new cartel packs to get to the unique models sold by the pack reputation vendor?
That's at least 7000 cc or 11-12 million credits just to be allowed to ship for those items.

And nobody is upset?

Really?
We don't really need to do fp to enjoy the game but we still do fp. we don't really need to do ops, we don't really need to pvp, we don't really need to do gsf, we don't really need to do dailies and we don't really need to do a lot of things. So are you saying people should not complain about lack of content in game? You know what we really really don't need? Those cartel pack rep item exclusive vendor items that you are making so much fuss about, they should really really cost lot more than 7000CC and obviously should cost more than 11-12 mil creds.

Brewski
07.28.2014 , 06:59 AM | #68
I'm a bit confused. Are you complaining that there are purely cosmetic items, with no true gaming value at all, that are only available through the Cartel Market by spending real money?

If so, why is that a problem? That's exactly what the CM is supposed to be.

Drudenfusz
07.28.2014 , 09:15 AM | #69
This is what I'm talking about.

Not the cartel certificate vendors.
Nothing new, we have those vendors since the second shipment of the cartel packs. Go buy some different comapanion customisation or some other weapon or another mount on the GTN that looks similar. I still don't see what is the big issue? We even have the CE store from the beginning of the game, where one can find companion customisations that are only there, that is part of the game that if you want to collect everything you have to do what collecters usually do, spending money! So, this is mostly a feature for collectors, if you are not a collector, then it is not for you, simple as that!
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Grayseven
07.28.2014 , 11:56 AM | #70
So people are outraged that guild ships are 50 mil despite it being pretty easy for a guild to scrape that together.
And they are outraged because the cost to unlock all 5 tabs in the legacy bank is 50 mil even tho they don't really need the tabs.

But nobody cares that you'll have to buy at least one hypercrate, but most likely more, of the new cartel packs to get to the unique models sold by the pack reputation vendor?
That's at least 7000 cc or 11-12 million credits just to be allowed to ship for those items.

And nobody is upset?

Really?
The models aren't unique, more than one person will be able to buy them.

The gambling pack reputation has been with us since (almost) day one of the CM.

You don't need the CM rep vendor items to engage in new content.

So, basically, COMPLETELY different things.
"50 Grades of Shae", a heart-warming novel about a Mandalorian that delivers beat-downs and assigns grades to her victims.