Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

No outrage about the vendor rep items?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
No outrage about the vendor rep items?

theSCARAYone's Avatar


theSCARAYone
07.26.2014 , 09:10 PM | #21
Doesn't really effect me. I'm not interested in decorating, only legacy storage and guild ships.
The Harbinger - Aggressors Legacy - HN Baa'nariim
Give me Pets! (Referral Link)

Transairion's Avatar


Transairion
07.26.2014 , 09:30 PM | #22
Quote:
So people are outraged that guild ships are 50 mil despite it being pretty easy for a guild to scrape that together.
And they are outraged because the cost to unlock all 5 tabs in the legacy bank is 50 mil even tho they don't really need the tabs.

But nobody cares that you'll have to buy at least one hypercrate, but most likely more, of the new cartel packs to get to the unique models sold by the pack reputation vendor?
That's at least 7000 cc or 11-12 million credits just to be allowed to ship for those items.

And nobody is upset?

Really?

Because this has been the case since Cartel Reputation first came out last year?

Literally, this is nothing new and sometimes unique models and mostly recolours is kind of the entire draw of Cartel Reputation at all. Do you wonder why I.C.E. was such a horrible flop? Because it's Reputation had some of the worst items bar none and not a single unique model, getting Legend with them was an utter waste of time. It's the one stain on my Reputation bar that's at 0% because it's content was just awful.

Unique models are good, but the throne is still just a Command Throne. Sure I love it, I'm sure you love it too! But it's still just a remolded throne.


Also, unlike Strongholds, Legacy Storage, guild ships... Cartel Reputation isn't exactly a big show by Bioware of "look what we've made for you players, please continue to support the game because of this content we made!".

Reputation is fluff cosmetics.

Strongholds/Legacy Storage/Guild Ships are outright major content of a patch. There's a pretty big difference.



Also you'd probably be able to BUY your way to Legend for said Throne for less credits than a full Legacy Bay/Guild Ship... 50 million is tons of money, and Cartel Packs tend to only go for like 300k on the GTN especially when the new ones because of the sheer amount of competition.

Hypercrates are like 5 mil so you could probably get Legend for 20 mil, not a CC spent. I bought my Scout Walker for 15, so that kind of grind is more than doable steadily. If you want the slightly-different-throne that's the thing.


But yeah I'm not going to shell out 30 mil more than that for 5 bays I can barely use that Bioware wants me to think is a big feature... so there's a difference. Big difference.

OddballEasyEight's Avatar


OddballEasyEight
07.27.2014 , 02:03 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
Cartel stuff is supposed to raise real money for the game. However, game systems and features should be accessible through reasonable time investments in game. Someone who plays long enough to get to 55 should be able to enjoy features like legacy storage with an average amount of credits that most people earn, but for the fancy looking cartel market version yes it should cost something.
Well you actually do get legacy storage for free...
Just not all of it.
Apparantly I have multiple accounts. And apparantly I argue with myself on those accounts.
http://www.swtor.com/r/6S24xq free stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ-...roj4L9Q/videos my blaster sound videos.

ThorgrimLutgen's Avatar


ThorgrimLutgen
07.27.2014 , 02:45 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Well you actually do get legacy storage for free...
Just not all of it.
I could not care less about playing dolls house. No need to decorate something you wont be using.

With legacy storage not sufficient to meet my needs housing is dead before it starts for me. Give me 10 tabs and things might be different, but 5 is no use whatsoever, irrespective of the costs. I see no point is doing things in half measures.
Want to fix ranked PVP? Cross-server/faction queues, bring back 8v8s, remove bolster from all ranked play, add a 2018 expertise gate, remove ranked commendations from all non-ranked play, including the 3:1 conversion.

Tsillah's Avatar


Tsillah
07.27.2014 , 02:53 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by ThorgrimLutgen View Post
I could not care less about playing dolls house. No need to decorate something you wont be using.

With legacy storage not sufficient to meet my needs housing is dead before it starts for me. Give me 10 tabs and things might be different, but 5 is no use whatsoever, irrespective of the costs. I see no point is doing things in half measures.
Be careful or the mind police will come back and tell you you don't need more than 1 tab because they decide how you have to play your game.
Ultimately I am a much more reasonable person when people reply to what I actually wrote instead of what they decided I meant with it

ThorgrimLutgen's Avatar


ThorgrimLutgen
07.27.2014 , 02:56 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Be careful or the mind police will come back and tell you you don't need more than 1 tab because they decide how you have to play your game.
I have been ignoring them for a long time, granted they do add an element of amusement to the forums.

I particularly enjoy seeing a new moaning thread, you can almost hold your breath long enough before 1 of about 4 people leap to EA's defence.
Want to fix ranked PVP? Cross-server/faction queues, bring back 8v8s, remove bolster from all ranked play, add a 2018 expertise gate, remove ranked commendations from all non-ranked play, including the 3:1 conversion.

OddballEasyEight's Avatar


OddballEasyEight
07.27.2014 , 05:07 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by ThorgrimLutgen View Post
I could not care less about playing dolls house. No need to decorate something you wont be using.

With legacy storage not sufficient to meet my needs housing is dead before it starts for me. Give me 10 tabs and things might be different, but 5 is no use whatsoever, irrespective of the costs. I see no point is doing things in half measures.
In other words you don't care if it's 50 mil or 50 creds since you want more than 5 tabs. I'm ok with that.

Oh and I noticed you didn't post anything relevant to the topic at hand (ie. the vendor rep items). What's your opinion on that?
Apparantly I have multiple accounts. And apparantly I argue with myself on those accounts.
http://www.swtor.com/r/6S24xq free stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ-...roj4L9Q/videos my blaster sound videos.

OddballEasyEight's Avatar


OddballEasyEight
07.27.2014 , 05:09 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Be careful or the mind police will come back and tell you you don't need more than 1 tab because they decide how you have to play your game.
Please stop trying to paint me out as "mind police" just because I'm not as outraged as you over a virtual item costing virtual money in a game.
Apparantly I have multiple accounts. And apparantly I argue with myself on those accounts.
http://www.swtor.com/r/6S24xq free stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ-...roj4L9Q/videos my blaster sound videos.

ThorgrimLutgen's Avatar


ThorgrimLutgen
07.27.2014 , 05:58 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
In other words you don't care if it's 50 mil or 50 creds since you want more than 5 tabs. I'm ok with that.

Oh and I noticed you didn't post anything relevant to the topic at hand (ie. the vendor rep items). What's your opinion on that?
Yes that is exactly correct. Would happy pay 100M for 10 tabs if that's the going rate, 10 would most likely be sufficient. 5 is simply a car with no engine in it to me, so no point spending even 10 credits as you say.

Hmm I thought I had. I was taking the assumption that the vendor rep items were household items, and since I wont use the place without shared storage , is some what of a moot point for me. I am not a big title seeker in game, I only pvp and craft in the main, so everything else is periphery really.

In principle, I am against any rep based on your purchasing power however. To my mind, rep should be based on your ability to play the game itself, not how much you are prepared to buy packs for.
Want to fix ranked PVP? Cross-server/faction queues, bring back 8v8s, remove bolster from all ranked play, add a 2018 expertise gate, remove ranked commendations from all non-ranked play, including the 3:1 conversion.

OddballEasyEight's Avatar


OddballEasyEight
07.27.2014 , 07:59 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ThorgrimLutgen View Post
Yes that is exactly correct. Would happy pay 100M for 10 tabs if that's the going rate, 10 would most likely be sufficient. 5 is simply a car with no engine in it to me, so no point spending even 10 credits as you say.

Hmm I thought I had. I was taking the assumption that the vendor rep items were household items, and since I wont use the place without shared storage , is some what of a moot point for me. I am not a big title seeker in game, I only pvp and craft in the main, so everything else is periphery really.

In principle, I am against any rep based on your purchasing power however. To my mind, rep should be based on your ability to play the game itself, not how much you are prepared to buy packs for.
No, I'm talking about the new cartel pack reputation vendors that are coming with the new cartel packs.
It's weapons and companion customizations that are unique and require you to buy cartel packs to get the reputation.
Apparantly I have multiple accounts. And apparantly I argue with myself on those accounts.
http://www.swtor.com/r/6S24xq free stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ-...roj4L9Q/videos my blaster sound videos.