Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No outrage about the vendor rep items?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
No outrage about the vendor rep items?

OddballEasyEight
07.26.2014 , 01:48 PM | #1
So people are outraged that guild ships are 50 mil despite it being pretty easy for a guild to scrape that together.
And they are outraged because the cost to unlock all 5 tabs in the legacy bank is 50 mil even tho they don't really need the tabs.

But nobody cares that you'll have to buy at least one hypercrate, but most likely more, of the new cartel packs to get to the unique models sold by the pack reputation vendor?
That's at least 7000 cc or 11-12 million credits just to be allowed to ship for those items.

And nobody is upset?

Really?
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Jeweledleah
07.26.2014 , 01:51 PM | #2
not the first time vendors had unique models.

and gear model has nothing to do with convenience features. its just gear. kinda like Revan's belt and bracers. cosmetic only.

Daewan
07.26.2014 , 01:56 PM | #3
No. There are already cartel reputation vendors, using currency based on opening cartel packs, with one or more exclusive items and the rest recolors. If you don't want to spend cash on cartel coins, you can buy the hypercrates with credits. If you don't do either, you don't get the items. I don't see where the outrage comes in?
Darth Squeek, Dark Lord of the Skittles, Revan Fanboy
<< Derp :: Questions about SWTOR? SEARCH DULFY! :: Obligatory referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kp7S8B ::
Quote: Originally Posted by Alssaran View Post
Would you care to show me where the evil Bioware touched you? Possibly on this anatomically correct "SonofThulkose" doll?

Nickious
07.26.2014 , 01:56 PM | #4
who cares? You don't need those rep vendor items? Amirite? Looks like a reasonable rate to me. Like how legacy bays are 5.26 times as much as normal cargo bays that you can only have 5 of. Completely reasonable rate. Stop qqing baby.

GhostNappa
07.26.2014 , 01:59 PM | #5
To be entirely honest, one of my gripes about Cartel items is that they're readily available and overabundant. There's nothing special or unique (in my mind) about riding a cool lizard when everyone has the exact same one you do.

So when they gate it behind rep, on one hand, I'm irked 'cause I have to spend many more credits to unlock them. But on the other hand, fewer people will have the cool items, which makes them rarer and (in my mind) cooler.

So I guess the moral of my story is that you can't have your cake and eat it too.

jedip_enguin
07.26.2014 , 02:01 PM | #6
I care not a jot.
Click my link please, I'm almost out of Cartel coins - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

TheNahash
07.26.2014 , 02:04 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by GhostNappa View Post
To be entirely honest, one of my gripes about Cartel items is that they're readily available and overabundant. There's nothing special or unique (in my mind) about riding a cool lizard when everyone has the exact same one you do.

So when they gate it behind rep, on one hand, I'm irked 'cause I have to spend many more credits to unlock them. But on the other hand, fewer people will have the cool items, which makes them rarer and (in my mind) cooler.

So I guess the moral of my story is that you can't have your cake and eat it too.
No, the moral of the story is that most people think e-x-a-c-t-l-y like you do, thus the items that require a certain amount of Rep are more appealing. And Bioware knows that.
The same way a lot of other things that were not necessarily iconic or even "cool-looking" were highly sought-after.
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

errant_knight
07.26.2014 , 02:04 PM | #8
Maybe the forum has finally reached an outrage tipping point. Lol, I wish. That will never happen. If only outrage could be used as fuel.

GhostNappa
07.26.2014 , 02:05 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
No, the moral of the story is that most people think e-x-a-c-t-l-y like you do, thus the items that require a certain amount of Rep are more appealing.
The same way a lot of other things that were not necessarily iconic or even "cool-looking" were highly sought-after.
Hmm, I guess that's true. Is that your perspective as well?

DarthDymond
07.26.2014 , 02:07 PM | #10
I'm a little bothered by it (more than I am by the Guild Ship price at any rate), but:

A) We don't have a full list of the packs, yet, so we don't know for sure which ones, if any, really are unique models.

B) Since the very first CM Reputation, there have been some unique items in them.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here