Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is the point of housing?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What is the point of housing?

Pagy
07.28.2014 , 08:46 AM | #81
i see no point in ever using it...its unplayable content and absolute fluff. it's barbie dreamhouse.

my free 5 room whatever place in nar shadaa will be empty and never set foot in.

meanwhile i'll wait for actual game content

menofhorror
07.28.2014 , 08:54 AM | #82
Dammit is it that bad? Saw only negative feedback in the PTS forums.
And I was so excited....

TUXs
07.28.2014 , 10:55 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by discbox View Post
It's a lifeless exhibition hall of stuff.

They created housing free of any fun. You have to respect this achievement by BioWare. Any other person would have tried to make housing fun.
^^^
Quote of the week! So freaking true. They couldn't have screwed it up any more - everything from hooks to the costs to the unlocks...crazy.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Kantaso
07.28.2014 , 10:56 AM | #84
Maybe you could rent your stronghold?
Seek and ye shall find
The Master
Like my Scottish grand father used to say, "hey lad may I haz yurrr stofff?"
Free stuff -----> http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

Xakthul
07.28.2014 , 11:10 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
Where SWG you were part of a community and people could visit or use it as a shop. Here its a very minor aspect and then forgotten, which given the time spent on it is a failing.
This isn't entirely true. Crafters' houses will have greater utility b/c of their ability to craft the little items you need to buy utility consoles.
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

Drudenfusz
07.28.2014 , 11:17 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
it's barbie dreamhouse.
I see nothing wrong with that... to be honest the whole game can be seen that way, I dress up my doll (toon) and play with it then, so now I get a house to decorate too, not a bit of a change, except that some people like it and others do not. I, for my part, am fine with getting a house for my barbie!
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

announcerharris
07.28.2014 , 11:47 AM | #87
What is the point of raiding?

What is the point of PvP?

What is the point of denigrating content that someone else enjoys, even if you don't?

We're all wasting time here. If some choose to waste it in a different way than you, that doesn't make your way any less pointless.
Phalcon hopes you Have A Nice Day!

Reno_Tarshil
07.28.2014 , 11:55 AM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by announcerharris View Post
What is the point of raiding?

What is the point of PvP?

What is the point of denigrating content that someone else enjoys, even if you don't?

We're all wasting time here. If some choose to waste it in a different way than you, that doesn't make your way any less pointless.
This is the real post of the week right here.
Supposed Member of "The Forum Apologist 5!" According to "The Reno_Tarshil Forum Fan Brigade!"
Quote:
I like Tacos.
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free Tacos.

hadoken
07.28.2014 , 12:02 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
I see nothing wrong with that... to be honest the whole game can be seen that way, I dress up my doll (toon) and play with it then, so now I get a house to decorate too, not a bid change, except that some people like it and others do not. I, for my part, am fine with getting a house for my barbie!
Yea it's kind of a ridiculous argument, as that's exactly what Cartel Packs are. I have to imagine if they didn't net them significant money from the CM, they wouldn't be developing them and putting them out at such regular intervals.

MediumD
07.28.2014 , 12:05 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
i see no point in ever using it...its unplayable content and absolute fluff. it's barbie dreamhouse.
Some people like that stuff, and that's okay. For me, it'll probably be another feature I don't use.