Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hahaha Legacy Storage only has 5 tabs for 50 million credits

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Hahaha Legacy Storage only has 5 tabs for 50 million credits

Infernixx
07.26.2014 , 10:42 AM | #21
Those who want to use it, will use it.

Those that don't, won't.

I fail to see what all the histrionics are all about.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Nickious
07.26.2014 , 10:47 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
Each stronghold needs its own access point, but they all link to the same legacy storage.
Ah ok then. So even less storage than I thought and for a expensive cost? Fantastic.

Jeweledleah
07.26.2014 , 11:24 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
The bigger point is the utility isn't worth the price, and it's not even close.

Today I have plenty of cargo hold storage because I bought 3 account-wide tabs from the GTN and spent well under a million credits doing that. 3 tabs x 22 characters (yep) is 66 tabs for under a million.

Now they don't have the utility of legacy storage, which would allow me to place materials in there from one character and use them to craft on another. But I still have to log in the source character, put stuff into the bank, log out, log in the crafter, and run the craft.

The alternative is what I've been doing for 2.5 years. Log in the source character, send 8 stacks of stuff to the crafter via mail for 5 credits, log out, log in the crafter, open the mail, and craft stuff.

Basically, legacy storage saves me a portion of the the mail part of the process.

That minuscule amount of utility sure as heck isn't worth 50 million credits or $80.

Compare that to other legacy purchases:
  • 3 Cargo Hold Tabs on 22 characters for < 1 million
  • Rocket Boost III on 22 characters for < 3 million
  • Speeder Piloting I 15 levels early for 40k each character
pretty much this, except I don't even buy speeder piloting 1 anymore, becasue as subscriber, its only 5 levels early. I can deal with those 5 levels easily enough, especially with rocket boosts and the cost difference is substantial for very minor IMO added convenience of having it 5 levels early.

honestly - I'm not lacking for space. I still have characters with 3-4 of their cargo holds completely empty. legacy storage was supposed to be minor convenience fix. oh well. I may just end up optimizing my current system slightly better instead. small effort and no extra cost.

I did want legacy storage. but at current cost its not even remotely worth it.

TX_Angel
07.26.2014 , 11:26 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
Those who want to use it, will use it.

Those that don't, won't.

I fail to see what all the histrionics are all about.
A feature that many have wanted for a very long time has been rendered useless and pointless...

They might as well not have even added it...

Epic fail...

Drudenfusz
07.26.2014 , 11:39 AM | #25
Maybe BioWare thought they could get away with that, since the new crafting schematics for decorations need you to mix plenty of different mats, thus making the legacy a required piece to craft decorations.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Infernixx
07.26.2014 , 11:40 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by TX_Angel View Post
A feature that many have wanted for a very long time has been rendered useless and pointless...

They might as well not have even added it...

Epic fail...
You might not use it, but that's okay. Many people will.

Also, you need to look up the terms 'useless' and 'pointless.' The word I think you're looking for is 'too expensive for me to use, therefore I hate it and am angry on the forums.'
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

JattaGin
07.26.2014 , 12:16 PM | #27

Also, you need to look up the terms 'useless' and 'pointless.' The word I think you're looking for is 'too expensive for me to use, therefore I hate it and am angry on the forums.'
That's so typical. You correct someone else who talks about something in general, making clear that he speaks only for himself. But one paragraph above you claim to know what others do, too. You have no idea if "many people will" use the storage legacy. What you meant to say was "I have enough credits and I will use it. I also think that many others are like me and do the same." But you know nothing, Jon Snow.

Vandicus
07.26.2014 , 12:24 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
That's so typical. You correct someone else who talks about something in general, making clear that he speaks only for himself. But one paragraph above you claim to know what others do, too. You have no idea if "many people will" use the storage legacy. What you meant to say was "I have enough credits and I will use it. I also think that many others are like me and do the same." But you know nothing, Jon Snow.
Despite my dislike for the price of legacy storage(as its disproportionate to other comparable convenience features), just from the fact that a CC unlock version exists, we can bet a lot of people who regularly buy hundreds of dollars of CC will end up spending for this unlock.

The probability that many people will use and unlock at least parts of legacy storage, even at the given price range, is very high.

Just because a feature or its price point is reviled by a portion of the fanbase, doesn't mean it won't sell. Think of DLC for example.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Callaron
07.26.2014 , 12:26 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruskaeth View Post
Legacy Storage It's quite the QoL improvement.

This is the first time in this game, that the developers actually give people a long term thing to achieve with credits. Everything, and I mean everything, has been easily obtainable so far. Personally I think the full tabs Legacy Storage is a tad expensive, but on the other hand, it's nice to have something that one needs to possibly work for.
Eh... even Cryptic/PWE charges less for account storage. Cryptic/PWE. Charges. Less.
That should tell you something, considering one of their number one ways to make money is by strongarming you into buying more storage (by filling your inventory with crap you need to collect).

Apparently Bioware's seen the amount of CC people have, and are trying to force them to blow them all on a feature that's very desireable, while trying to give as little as possible in return.
It's sad that the closer this update gets, the more "meh" I'm getting about it thanks to the shameless money sink they are trying to turn it into.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

TX_Angel
07.26.2014 , 12:29 PM | #30

Nice, but you're mistaken...

I don't think many people will use it, except for those who get one free bay, they'll use that for stims, medpacks, and legacy gear.

For crafting? No. The cost exceeds any reasonable standard.

And you're completely wrong about my being able to afford it. I bought the walker off the GTN, I'm swimming in credits. But I have no need to waste them on this, it doesn't add enough to be remotely worth the price.