Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hahaha Legacy Storage only has 5 tabs for 50 million credits

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Hahaha Legacy Storage only has 5 tabs for 50 million credits

Transairion
07.25.2014 , 10:52 PM | #1
I'm not even a crafter but I already have 2 full bays of purely crafting materials on my main, let alone across all my alts... 5 bays won't even come close to cutting it.

Please tell me how Legacy Storage is so amazing now, I've got way more space spread across my alts than just that and Legacy gear is already super easy to keep one one character.

Really, if it can't even fit all of a crafters materials what's it good for? And for 50 million credits total? Can just start another lvl 1 character, instant 5 tabs (for free).

AshlaBoga
07.25.2014 , 10:59 PM | #2
Yeah, 50M makes sense for a GUILD BATTLESHIP.

For a Legacy Wide storage? NOPE.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Darth_Wicked
07.26.2014 , 12:05 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Yeah, 50M makes sense for a GUILD BATTLESHIP.

For a Legacy Wide storage? NOPE.
^^

http://d2tq98mqfjyz2l.cloudfront.net...62_animate.gif

They could have at least added the same kind of options that Guild Banks offer but no... Here's hoping that in the future they'll reconsider and even so, 50 million STILL(!!!) sounds like a ripoff.

aeterno
07.26.2014 , 12:15 AM | #4
I was hoping materials would be treated in a manner that wouldn't take up a storage unit slot, sorta a commendations like counter.

As it stands with these prices it's not really super useful past the 1st tab for legacy gear and event currencies. Would be hard pressed to fit everything from all the alts on 5 tabs and sure as heck not paying 50mil for the privilege to try so tnx but no tnx.

TX_Angel
07.26.2014 , 12:22 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Transairion View Post
I'm not even a crafter but I already have 2 full bays of purely crafting materials on my main, let alone across all my alts... 5 bays won't even come close to cutting it.

Please tell me how Legacy Storage is so amazing now, I've got way more space spread across my alts than just that and Legacy gear is already super easy to keep one one character.

Really, if it can't even fit all of a crafters materials what's it good for? And for 50 million credits total? Can just start another lvl 1 character, instant 5 tabs (for free).
^ This...

I have, between my 6 full time crafting mule toons... 30 bays completely full of mats... I've started selling mats because they just overflow...

5 bays of Legacy storage? For crafters? Useless... unless the stack size is increased to 9,999, it won't help...

At 50 million credits, it isn't even a consideration...

Complete nonstarter...

Savej
07.26.2014 , 01:03 AM | #6
This does sound very bad if deliberate. They figured out something everyone wants that is easy to provide and now they're going to milk us for it as much as conceptually possible. Unless 50 million credits is going to be relatively easy to make after the next expansion...

Ruskaeth
07.26.2014 , 01:06 AM | #7
Legacy Storage It's quite the QoL improvement.

This is the first time in this game, that the developers actually give people a long term thing to achieve with credits. Everything, and I mean everything, has been easily obtainable so far. Personally I think the full tabs Legacy Storage is a tad expensive, but on the other hand, it's nice to have something that one needs to possibly work for.
Hey subscriber or player about to subscribe! Yes, you! Would you like a free server transfer and seven days added to your subscription for free?

Click this monkey 🙊 and accept with a yes on the next screen. Remember! You can only do it once.

🙈 DiLiH Janitor: Dr'Slime, Cheveyo, P'ur, Cautela, Vaecordia, Dactylion 🙉

TX_Angel
07.26.2014 , 01:12 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruskaeth View Post

This is the first time in this game, that the developers actually give people a long term thing to achieve with credits. Everything, and I mean everything, has been easily obtainable so far. Personally I think the full tabs Legacy Storage is a tad expensive, but on the other hand, it's nice to have something that one needs to possibly work for.
Sure, but you miss the point...

Why bother earning all those credits, just to buy something that will help you... earn all those credits?

It is a big circle...

I would have to craft thousands of items to earn enough profit to pay for this. Why not just... NOT CRAFT THEM and leave it as it is?

The single free bay is probably enough for stims and a few bits of legacy gear... I could unlock 1 more I suppose, but the real value is mats...

5 bays might be overkill for stims and medpacs and legacy gear, it is extreme underkill for crafting...

The price also makes it pointless, I'm better off not crafting at all, than trying to raise the funds for this.

ThorgrimLutgen
07.26.2014 , 02:11 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruskaeth View Post

I have the credits to buy the full unlock 4 times, but in truth, there is no point, 5 tabs is simply not enough, so no point paying for something that is half arsed.

Transairion
07.26.2014 , 02:19 AM | #10
Quote:

Er.... what?

All I'm reading is "I'm totally loaded and have more money than I know what to do with, yay for expensive things!"

This is a freaking game, I don't think we need "You can get 5 Cargo Bays slightly different to regular bays for a fortune". I think CC wise it was 10,000 CC for the final bay or something?

Personally I don't think I'll use the first tab for much at all except what I'm already using a regular bay for: Legacy currency I need to shuffle around. That's kinda it. No Bound items, no real amount of mats.... so very little this can be used for.

I'm sure not going to pay 50 mil for 5 bays I can hardly use.