Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

High Guildship cost = No new guilds?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
High Guildship cost = No new guilds?

Tsillah
07.25.2014 , 03:33 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
For the record, I love the idea of the conquest stuff, but I stand by the notion that these developments only hurt small guilds.
That's why I think this game should have alliance options so smaller guilds can band together without losing their identity as a guild but still be able to get together with other guilds like it to do stuff like conquests or even ops.
Playing with a time card, no more automatic sub. #RemoveRNG

DarthOvertone
07.25.2014 , 05:10 PM | #12
Next week will be interesting. That's when the Guild Ship and Planetary Conquest stuff hits the PTS.
Alphanoob, Alpha-zen (among others) - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: It was good while it lasted. Thanks BW

Drockter
07.25.2014 , 06:52 PM | #13
To the OP's point...

I doubt its the end of new guilds... these predictions have been made plenty of times before.

I will concede that it will make recruiting harder for new guilds... as the 10% Bonus XP and Rep XP have already done... but guilds still form. People still join.

Honestly, if the reason you are with your current guild is for the ship or the xp only... then you're doing it wrong. Guilds are meant to be social... groups of like minded individuals who enjoy playing together...

If you have a particular play style you enjoy (be that PvE, RP, PvP, or whatever)... your enjoyment can only be enhanced by joining with a group of like minded folks.

Drudenfusz
07.25.2014 , 07:41 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Varium View Post
And you can get Harvestable Nodes from Planetary conquest to your stronghold. Dunno if it's solo or guild one.
If they are useable for my private strongholds, then I would leave with all my alts smaller guilds in which they are to join large guilds to get those as soon as possible. I think this will hurt smaller guild in general a lot, regardless how minor the bonuses will be.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Master_Hitsugaya
07.25.2014 , 09:47 PM | #15
I think that when you couple the high cost of guild ships with the conquest stuff, small guilds are being pushed to the wayside. If you want any chance of having a major part in the fun, you will have to disband and join a mega guild. The rich get richer.

For the record, I love the idea of the conquest stuff, but I stand by the notion that these developments only hurt small guilds.
You read people's posts you will see there are people who single handedly can buy this and they are 1 person not a mega guild dont be dramatic credits are not that hard to get in this game unless no one in you guild gets off the starter planet.
Sammycakes-Jedi Sentinal
Sammycake-Powertech
Sammycakez-Sniper
Lordsammycakes-Sorcerer

TheBBP
07.25.2014 , 11:04 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Master_Hitsugaya View Post
You read people's posts you will see there are people who single handedly can buy this and they are 1 person not a mega guild dont be dramatic credits are not that hard to get in this game unless no one in you guild gets off the starter planet.
You are talking the exception, not the norm. Most people cannot swing 50 million.
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

OddballEasyEight
07.25.2014 , 11:08 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Kuruus View Post
Sure, established guilds may or may not have this sort of money available to them, but what about going forward? How will anyone make a new guild and have a hope to get it off the ground? They will not have a large base of dedicated donators to fund them. The ships will hardly be optional with the buffs and missions attached to them.
OMG! You are right!

And new players in the game won't be able to buy Dewback Mounts off the GTN within their first week of play either!
They might as well not play the game!

*Sigh*

New guilds will have to do what new guilds always do... they'll have to work on growing bigger and better.

And the ships ARE optional. The buffs only estend to ONE planet at a time... and you'll have to "conquer" that planet before that even happens.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

AshlaBoga
07.25.2014 , 11:08 PM | #18
You are talking the exception, not the norm. Most people cannot swing 50 million.
True.

But the average Guild (that has 5+ people) apparently can afford the Ships.

I'm curious however whether this is based on the median or the mean.

If 50M is based on the mean rather than the median it might be skewed due to Guilds with 900M in their bank.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Infernixx
07.25.2014 , 11:09 PM | #19
Most players don't have 50mil on hand.

All players could earn 50mil credits by playing the game.

Most will not do so.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Damask_Rose
07.25.2014 , 11:14 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Varium View Post
And you can get Harvestable Nodes from Planetary conquest to your stronghold. Dunno if it's solo or guild one.
Oh dear god I hope they put something in place to prevent macroing