Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

High Guildship cost = No new guilds?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
High Guildship cost = No new guilds?

Kuruus
07.25.2014 , 02:07 PM | #1
Sure, established guilds may or may not have this sort of money available to them, but what about going forward? How will anyone make a new guild and have a hope to get it off the ground? They will not have a large base of dedicated donators to fund them. The ships will hardly be optional with the buffs and missions attached to them.

mikebevo
07.25.2014 , 02:17 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Kuruus View Post
Sure, established guilds may or may not have this sort of money available to them, but what about going forward? How will anyone make a new guild and have a hope to get it off the ground? They will not have a large base of dedicated donators to fund them. The ships will hardly be optional with the buffs and missions attached to them.
I don't know... guild members will have to work for it. 50 million credits for 5 or more people isn't really that difficult. I can easily earn 10 million in a couple weeks doing nothing but killing stuff and dailies while only playing a couple hours a day. It doesn't have to be instant gratification. Yes it is a credit sink, but with the easy of credits in the game we need something to spend them on.

Infernixx
07.25.2014 , 02:19 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Kuruus View Post
Unless they're obscenely overpowered buffs, Guild Ships won't have much impact on PVP or PVE. And I highly doubt that they'll be all that powerful.

Guild ships are likely to be mostly cosmetic and bragging rights and I'm suspecting that's what Conquest will be, too.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

SunsetStarship
07.25.2014 , 02:21 PM | #4
I don't see it that way. I haven't joined a guild thus far because I have fun soloing. But, I will most likely join one for the fun of getting a guild ship.

Benfynyn
07.25.2014 , 02:24 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
Unless they're obscenely overpowered buffs, Guild Ships won't have much impact on PVP or PVE. And I highly doubt that they'll be all that powerful.

Guild ships are likely to be mostly cosmetic and bragging rights and I'm suspecting that's what Conquest will be, too.
I think the buffs might be hinted at in the Patch Notes regarding the GSI Satellite Support Service. Maybe not the gear bolstering but maybe this:

" When combat is detected, a Medical Probe will be deployed to administer long-lasting, refreshing Kolto, healing you for 2% every 3 seconds while you remain in combat."

I could see them making that a Guild Ship buff.
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

After some investigation, it appears that there was some miscommunication between teams and this patch note was not intended to be included in this last patch.

Infernixx
07.25.2014 , 02:25 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Benfynyn View Post
I think the buffs might be hinted at in the Patch Notes regarding the GSI Satellite Support Service. Maybe not the gear bolstering but maybe this:

" When combat is detected, a Medical Probe will be deployed to administer long-lasting, refreshing Kolto, healing you for 2% every 3 seconds while you remain in combat."

I could see them making that a Guild Ship buff.
That's a thing for Makeb. They're making it easier for everyone to get through the 51-55 leveling content.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Benfynyn
07.25.2014 , 02:30 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
That's a thing for Makeb. They're making it easier for everyone to get through the 51-55 leveling content.
Yes, I realize that. But I find it interesting that the mechanism for the buff is to have it applied from something in orbit. The exact way they described Guild Flagship buffs. It's possible that it's a template for them. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

After some investigation, it appears that there was some miscommunication between teams and this patch note was not intended to be included in this last patch.

Varium
07.25.2014 , 02:49 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Benfynyn View Post
Yes, I realize that. But I find it interesting that the mechanism for the buff is to have it applied from something in orbit. The exact way they described Guild Flagship buffs. It's possible that it's a template for them. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.
And you can get Harvestable Nodes from Planetary conquest to your stronghold. Dunno if it's solo or guild one.
50 V Legacy

Kourage
07.25.2014 , 02:57 PM | #9
You are free to strive for it! They clearly said it is something guilds will strive for. That means you will have to take up a collection and work for it. Work hard. There are already far too many tiny useless guilds anyways. A lot of people probably quit because they were in a crappy guild and never found good groups or help.
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

TheBBP
07.25.2014 , 03:30 PM | #10
I think that when you couple the high cost of guild ships with the conquest stuff, small guilds are being pushed to the wayside. If you want any chance of having a major part in the fun, you will have to disband and join a mega guild. The rich get richer.

For the record, I love the idea of the conquest stuff, but I stand by the notion that these developments only hurt small guilds.
REPUBLIC TROOPERS
Crosswire - Heavy GunnerElíta-one - Combat Medic
Canonball - Pointman

Ebon Hawk