Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guildships COST 50 MILLION CREDITS!?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Guildships COST 50 MILLION CREDITS!?

TheBBP
07.24.2014 , 10:18 PM | #21
Annnnnd credit sellers will see a big bonus this holiday season.
Crosswire - Republic Commando / Balloch - Bounty Hunter
Co-Leader of WotM/ALitD Family/Christian Guilds
Site : Recruitment Thread
The Ebon Hawk

Andrellma
07.24.2014 , 10:28 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Annnnnd credit sellers will see a big bonus this holiday season.
Doubtful. Very few players ever even consider this as a credible option, and the vast majority of those who do find themselves either banned or hacked.

That and credit farmers don't get paid much, if at all. Most of them are bots, and some of them are inmates in Chinese prisons.

AshlaBoga
07.24.2014 , 10:37 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by AgentMarakesh View Post
Look, I don't know where the hell you lot get off thinking thats a great idea, but it's not, it's terrible.

Its going to alienate damn near every single small guild community you have, and I can say for certain it's gonna drop more and more subs who were looking forward to this to strengthen the want to play this game.

And now we get that steaming pile on our plates, and don't try to say that's not the price. It's all over the damn dulfy twitch live stream. Yeah, they stated it on their live stream, so THANKS AGAIN for alienating your small guild communities.
Well, most 10 player guilds have about 50,000,000 so that's costly for them (most of their funds), but they can work and replenish their repair budget.

Now for the really small guilds (5 players). Yeah, there's an issue. There are some guilds that are just 4 people who do Ranked PvP. They probably won't have ship - but they also won't need one (if they only do Ranked then they won't bother with Guild Conquests).

The issue of small player guilds is actually a bit moot since Guild Conquests will require +8 players to really get anything done.

Now I suppose you could have a guild with 50 players and not much , but I've never seen one.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

BelenUmeria
07.24.2014 , 10:52 PM | #24
We started raising funds as soon as it was announced and in two months we raised enough.

Republic: 135 mil
Imperial: 72 mi

50 mil is a fair price and I respect Bioware for making this something that needs effort to obtain.

Neptunius
07.24.2014 , 10:54 PM | #25
Erm what?

How does a guild earn cash?(Seriously, i like to know this.)

I also like to point out, that guild ship is a option, it's not required to have as guilds, so why would many guilds and players leave?

You dont see people leaving because they dont get a free rancor mount do you? Same thing, it's a option to have a rancor mount.

Dont get me wrong, there is no way, that i support the idea of a 50M price tag on that, it only makes cash sellers earn more money, cause some people will think they NEED this to play the game and the only way to get that amount of cash while your alive, is to buy the cash.

I rather wish it was more of an achievement the guild could earn, when it got big enough.
Lindsey Stirling makes amazing music. Go to her youtube channel and listen/watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHjpOzsQ9YI

BuriDogshin
07.24.2014 , 10:58 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by TX_Angel View Post
15 people willing to do that 5 days a week and 4 hours on the weekend for 2 weeks straight, then donate the entire return to the guild, are going to be a rare 15 people.
The original post estimated two hours to make 250K doing dailies? That's pretty slow. Team up with a guild-mate if it really takes you that long to do, things will go much faster. I can net that much in about an hour.
Z'nnah/Src- Z-ko/Op - Z'brah/Sin- Z'licious/Snp- Z'yla/Jg - Z'rawks/Mrc- Z'lot/PT- Z'reign/Src- Mewsic/Mar- Z'noform/Jg
Z'rho/Guar - Z'abrak/Scou - C'enna/Sage - Cymarose/Vang- C'rene/20'GS - C'deuced/21'Shad
Harbinger

BuriDogshin
07.24.2014 , 10:59 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
Casuals dominate the playerbase.
Casuals don't need a guildship, do they? Why would they?
Z'nnah/Src- Z-ko/Op - Z'brah/Sin- Z'licious/Snp- Z'yla/Jg - Z'rawks/Mrc- Z'lot/PT- Z'reign/Src- Mewsic/Mar- Z'noform/Jg
Z'rho/Guar - Z'abrak/Scou - C'enna/Sage - Cymarose/Vang- C'rene/20'GS - C'deuced/21'Shad
Harbinger

AshlaBoga
07.24.2014 , 11:01 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by BuriDogshin View Post
Agreed. Casual guilds serve only to serve as Guild Conquest fodder

So if they lower the price it's just more people for me to kill
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Nickious
07.24.2014 , 11:03 PM | #29
I've changed my opinion abit. I just kind of figured only a few people would actually foot the bill for the guild ship. Sounds like i just need to find more generous guildmates.

Vandicus
07.24.2014 , 11:04 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by BuriDogshin View Post
On the PTS people are saying Guild Capital Ships are supposed to be for roleplayers. So I guess people are just assuming its a Guild Stronghold in space to hang out on?

That's actually the first time I'd even heard the notion that Guild Capital ships were designed to appeal in a non-gameplay related way. What with the devs mentioning the buffs, guild bonuses, upgrades, etc, I had assumed it was oriented towards non-social gaming in the same way flashpoints or warzones are.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!