Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guildships COST 50 MILLION CREDITS!?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Guildships COST 50 MILLION CREDITS!?

AgentMarakesh
07.24.2014 , 07:46 PM | #1
Look, I don't know where the hell you lot get off thinking thats a great idea, but it's not, it's terrible.

Its going to alienate damn near every single small guild community you have, and I can say for certain it's gonna drop more and more subs who were looking forward to this to strengthen the want to play this game.

And now we get that steaming pile on our plates, and don't try to say that's not the price. It's all over the damn dulfy twitch live stream. Yeah, they stated it on their live stream, so THANKS AGAIN for alienating your small guild communities.

Hopefully the BACKLASH you get will make you rethink everything into some odd cash sink cash gate crap, but somehow I doubt it.

Zoom_VI
07.24.2014 , 07:48 PM | #2
The whole point of a gship is that it is something people have to work for. did you expect them to just start handing out star destroyers like candy?
Crinn

Carry me, I'm Plasmatech.

DarthTHC
07.24.2014 , 07:50 PM | #3
I wrote a proposal on another thread that they should change the price to be 1 million credits per new thread that people write to complain about the price.

So far it would be up around 8 million and we're just a few hours past the announcement.

By the way, 50 million is easily achievable. Easily. You just have to decide you want the ship enough to get it.

AgentMarakesh
07.24.2014 , 07:52 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
The whole point of a gship is that it is something people have to work for. did you expect them to just start handing out star destroyers like candy?
You are not so good on that math, eh?

10 Million, hell 20 Million could have still be reached by small guild communities if they worked hard at it.

50 Million? Yeah, no that's a slap in the face. I don't expect people to hand us them, but I damn sure expect them not to consider us just cash cattle, watching us burn out on cred hunting and when the guilds finally do get, they lost nearly half their players because the unsubbed due to the game now becoming a frakking JOB.

Callaron
07.24.2014 , 07:52 PM | #5
The way I understand is that you can still get your guild stronghold. So it's not like they're denying small guilds a place to gather.
They just want them to work harder if they desire more than that.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

Callaron
07.24.2014 , 07:56 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
I wrote a proposal on another thread that they should change the price to be 1 million credits per new thread that people write to complain about the price.

So far it would be up around 8 million and we're just a few hours past the announcement.

By the way, 50 million is easily achievable. Easily. You just have to decide you want the ship enough to get it.
Sweet Jesus, what have you done, DarthTHC?!
Soon no one will be able to afford it!
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

MaximusRex
07.24.2014 , 07:56 PM | #7
50 million isn't even much money in this game. I was actually surprised the guild ship is so cheap, they are practically giving them away for nothing. I wouldn't be surprised to start seeing playr make "solo" guilds just to have their own private capital ship.

200 - 500 million is more along the price I expected.

DarthTHC
07.24.2014 , 07:57 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by AgentMarakesh View Post

10 Million, hell 20 Million could have still be reached by small guild communities if they worked hard at it.

50 Million? Yeah, no that's a slap in the face. I don't expect people to hand us them, but I damn sure expect them not to consider us just cash cattle, watching us burn out on cred hunting and when the guilds finally do get, they lost nearly half their players because the unsubbed due to the game now becoming a frakking JOB.
50 million can be reached by guilds that consist of a single account. It's not a matter of size, but desire to obtain the credits... by learning how to do it and by refraining from spending in frivolous stuff.

It's hardly a job.

There's a Crew Skills board right here on this site that will help you turn a fraction of your playing time into more credits than you think.

The choice whether or not to do that is entirely up to you. Either you believe the guild ship will deliver enough fun / value to invest the time to obtain it... or you do not.

psandak
07.24.2014 , 08:09 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
50 million isn't even much money in this game. I was actually surprised the guild ship is so cheap, they are practically giving them away for nothing. I wouldn't be surprised to start seeing playr make "solo" guilds just to have their own private capital ship.

200 - 500 million is more along the price I expected.
I respectfully disagree

I think it would surprise how few players have more than 5 million credits to their name. Most players I know have enough credits to cover repair bills and swapping mods around. They do not struggle with credits but they do not amass large quantities either.

Some enjoy the mini-game of acquiring MMO currency, most don't. I am not saying it is difficult to do if one puts their mind to it, just that most do not put their mind to it.

Khevar
07.24.2014 , 08:11 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AgentMarakesh View Post
Are you?

Lets take a smaller guild with a group of people that want the flagship and are willing to work for it. They can raise the money in 2 weeks.

15 players that can run dailies.
2 hours on a weeknight for 250k
4 hours over the weekend for 500k.

15 x 250k x 10 week days == 37.5 million
15 x 500k x 2 weekends == 15 million

Total raised: 52.5 million.

Don't want to run dailies? Run some ops and sell MMGs. Can't run ops? Do some crafting instead. Don't have enough time to dedicate 2 hours a night? Take 4 weeks to get a flagship instead of 2. Don't have any level 55s? Raise money through regular questing and take 2 months instead of 2 weeks.

Players and guilds lack money because they spend it instead of make it.