Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Characters (Alts) can't be placed in Strongholds :(

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Characters (Alts) can't be placed in Strongholds :(

Pietrastor
07.26.2014 , 07:31 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by eartharioch View Post
I would like to be able to use my deleted characters as decorations. Possibly just stacked up like logs next to a fireplace. I'd understand if this was limited to the DK SH.
Something like this would mean you could produce infinite number of decorations, I think game could crash lol. Sticking to currently-existing alts would be better and 'safer' I think

Drudenfusz
07.26.2014 , 10:02 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
Something like this would mean you could produce infinite number of decorations, I think game could crash lol. Sticking to currently-existing alts would be better and 'safer' I think
I think he tried to make a joke there
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Sarfux
07.26.2014 , 10:51 PM | #63
Just like other things, I'm sure as it gets going, they will keep on adding onto it
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

eartharioch
07.27.2014 , 01:12 PM | #64
Unlimited is not that same as infinite (or unbounded)...since it takes a nonzero amount of time to create and delete a character, and people can spend at most 24 hrs / day creating and deleting characters, and there are a finite number of accounts, then there is a finite upper bound on the number of delchar decorations that would need to be tracked at any given time regardless of whether or not swtor itself has a cap. Also, my suggestion did not explicitly require that BW track (or start tracking) an unlimited number of delchars, limiting the number of delchars stored (or the amount of time a delchar is stored before it would be "unavailable for selection"), so those would not be unreasonable things to limit in order to ensure that the features maximum data footprint did not exceed the amount of storage allocated for this feature.

That said...
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!

eartharioch
07.27.2014 , 01:23 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
I'd say the conversation was getting sufficiently ridiculous that when I had a random weird thought, the thought of sharing it did not trigger any of the social inhibitions that usually preclude us from blurting out every thought we have, notwithstanding how much being on the 'Net seems already seems to lower those inhibitions anyway.

That said, my intent when sharing that "feature request" was to share the amusement that the thought gave me, and not to get the feature implemented.

*That* said, I've found taking even the weirdest ideas seriously often allows one to develop insights that can be applied to problems that one may more seriously desire to solve.

So if that's what you meant by 'joke', then yeah
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!

Pietrastor
07.28.2014 , 09:14 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
Missed he joke then

KarathAnno
07.28.2014 , 12:54 PM | #67
I too am very disappointed that we cannot place characters and actual companions (not sometimes holo companions) in our strongholds.

I realize it is almost certainly to late to add this before it goes live but I would love for it be something that is added.

Pietrastor
07.29.2014 , 08:52 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by KarathAnno View Post
I too am very disappointed that we cannot place characters and actual companions (not sometimes holo companions) in our strongholds.

I realize it is almost certainly to late to add this before it goes live but I would love for it be something that is added.
I would hope it's not too late. There are no models required to implement this (players create the models 'themselves'), the game already can pull the looks of alts as seen in Legacy Tree. So I would assume it wouldn't be a complex addition but if it's not possible for 2.9 I will obviously just wait and hope for eventual addition

Kissakias
07.30.2014 , 04:16 AM | #69
DId SWG allow alts as decorations in its housing system?
In SWG we could only had 2 char per account, and that was the ONLY thing that we couldnt do.
I just say that for other's post here for different things
Join us and earn gooood rewards using my referral http://www.swtor.com/r/ZvPhZd... Be a suber today!!

Solloby
07.30.2014 , 04:26 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by KarathAnno View Post

Me too, I'd love to place my alts and real (non holo) companions in strongholds!
The Shadowlands