Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Characters (Alts) can't be placed in Strongholds :(

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Characters (Alts) can't be placed in Strongholds :(

iDraxter
07.02.2014 , 08:30 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
I wouldn't mind if I could at least display my characters as holograms, but I also would like to have the companions to be really there, all of them, so that I can place them in groups that it looks like they are talking with eachother, especially those who know one another or those that I have dressed in KOTOR outfits to create the band from KOTOR again, but no BioWare is screwing my plans with this stupidity!
yes if all companions would be non holo that would be great too, I`d love to set up a brawl zone for Skadge/Khem Val and Broonmark or an imperial meeting room with Quinn, Pierce, Raina, Lokin, Talos or small place for Vette/Mako/Ashara/Kaliyo to hang out together
Firebat: Need a light?
It`s your money-but if I have spent as much time killing Jedi instead of your own kind...you might be winning this war

errant_knight
07.02.2014 , 08:38 PM | #12
I don't have a problem with this at all because I never expected otherwise. It would be a little weird to have them all in the same place without any interaction, which would be impossible, of course, since they're all us, lol. The only point would be backdrop for rp or group photos and that's a lot of work for a picture/backdrop..

Between this and the astonishment that legacy cargo doesn't come free with the stronghold, I'm kind of curious about where these expectations came from.

AshlaBoga
07.02.2014 , 08:40 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Kryand View Post
IMO the perfect approach would be if you log your character out in your stronghold, it should stay right where you logged out and be visible if you log another character in. I can't imagine it would even be that hard to implement, as there are already cases where people log out, and the game takes forever to actually make their character disappear. Just do it like that, except intentionally instead of a bug.
Well, because of the Hooks you'd probably have to log it out in a specific spot in the room - but even that would be much better than nothing at all.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Damask_Rose
07.02.2014 , 08:55 PM | #14
Hopefully they can upgrade our alt companions to full fledged down the road. Would be much more fun that way. (My dreams of a man harem are shot!) But hey, having any full fledged companions is far better than all holograms!

Game Development Tutorials
Friends referral for free character transfer and unlocks

deltadt
07.02.2014 , 09:26 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Gwena View Post
This disappointed me too. I really like the idea of having my characters together in the same room. My Agent and Bounty Hunter are supposed to be good friends, but they can never see each other. And I think I'd be inspired to play a new character or two just so I could display them.

I'm also disappointed that Companions will only show up as holos if you visit on a different character. I love the idea of having Companions in my Strongholds; holos, not so much. And if it is suggested that Companions be used to display gear, a holo just isn't the same! And doesn't show off those pretty, expensive dye modules, either. >.<

It isn't as though Nadia and my Consular can be out adventuring somewhere when I'm logged onto my Knight, so I really don't see why they can't be displayed (fully). And heck, we will be able to use mounts that are on display in our Stronghold.
yeah it would be nice to be able to get all your toons in the same house.

eartharioch
07.03.2014 , 12:19 AM | #16
And the "just for fun" question -- which companions do you get to see [in holo form]? Like, if I have two Sith Warriors, can I show both Vettes, do I have to choose, or is there a separate "Stronghold Vette" that only exists if I have at least one Sith Warrior, but that I can clothe/decorate independently from their separate per-alt customization/equipment?
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!

siegeshot
07.03.2014 , 03:43 AM | #17
HUGE missed opportunity. Very disappointed that our alts can't be chilling at the stronghold. Also they keep showing NPC's patrolling but they show the npcs only standing there and say they can only stand there. Which is it? Very frustrating.
Guild: Cute Pink Banthas / Gravity Kills
Youtube.com/swtorPaladin
Begeren Colony. RP-PVE.
Original beta group: Squadron 367

AshlaBoga
07.03.2014 , 04:43 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by eartharioch View Post
And the "just for fun" question -- which companions do you get to see [in holo form]? Like, if I have two Sith Warriors, can I show both Vettes, do I have to choose, or is there a separate "Stronghold Vette" that only exists if I have at least one Sith Warrior, but that I can clothe/decorate independently from their separate per-alt customization/equipment?
It would be "Stronghold Vette" not toon specific Vette.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Drudenfusz
07.03.2014 , 05:11 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
It would be "Stronghold Vette" not toon specific Vette.
From I they talked that I still can dress Vette (or any other companion for that matter) still outside the stronghold and place her there then wearing the Mission Vao outfit for example that my Vette on my Juggernaut is wearing, but not the Vette on my Marauder, so if I can place just one vette it still would be a specific one, not a general one that we cannot customize.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

discbox
07.03.2014 , 05:25 AM | #20
Why are the companions holos anyway? They (virtually) exist, they hang arround with my character and in my ship. Why not in my strongold!?

There is no need for a holographic replica of them.