Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Introduction to Galactic Strongholds

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Introduction to Galactic Strongholds
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Xakthul
07.25.2014 , 09:56 AM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
there is apparently some story that allows to go around it (smuggling or something like that)
Lol... I shall fly my Balls of Fury (BH ship) into Coruscant, where I am the most wanted woman in the galaxy
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

Xakthul
07.25.2014 , 09:58 AM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by Sambril View Post
Edit: It was during the DK stream and I think it might have been Jack who said it. In any case since it is about to go to PTS we will find out for sure Real Soon Now.
Ohmygodwhen'sitgonnabeonPTSmustplay!
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger

xxxevilxxx
07.26.2014 , 04:34 PM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by Beltane View Post
As someone who has dropped a considerable amount of $$$$$$ on predominantly cash-store based housing in other games, I am incredibly disappointed with the decision to make TOR's housing based on hooks.

The segment of MMO players who are passionate about housing want to actually be able to create new and interesting things, not just place tables and chairs around a prefabricated house.

I want to be able to turn a bunch of bookcases around to create a new wall made out of their backs.
I want to be able to flip a chair upside down and stick a table through it to make a new and unique shelf.
I want to be able to levitate items in the air.
I want to have free control to place things wherever I want to create something truly unique.

This is an absolutely massive letdown and I really hope the devs reconsider. The hook system looks nice for people who are very casual about housing, but please give us an option to turn it off and have three dimensional item placement. Otherwise, this game will NOT attract dedicated MMO decorators who play other games for that reason.
/signed

Goldragonboy
07.31.2014 , 07:42 PM | #194
If I buy the coursant apartment, is it an account-wide purchase or a just a character purchase

Kulyok
08.01.2014 , 02:19 AM | #195
Quote: Originally Posted by Goldragonboy View Post
If I buy the coursant apartment, is it an account-wide purchase or a just a character purchase
Neither. It's legacy-wide - for all characters, but only on one server.
Free subscription for 7 days, extra inventory tab and more through Friends of SWTOR program, my link: http://www.swtor.com/r/kvLxZh

Lorica
08.01.2014 , 08:06 AM | #196
Quote: Originally Posted by Kulyok View Post
Neither. It's legacy-wide - for all characters, but only on one server.
I think it is Legacy-wide and depends on what planet you are on? I don't think your Imperial characters can visit the Coruscant Apartment?

Xakthul
08.01.2014 , 12:14 PM | #197
Quote: Originally Posted by Lorica View Post
I think it is Legacy-wide and depends on what planet you are on? I don't think your Imperial characters can visit the Coruscant Apartment?
They can, for a 'smuggling fee'

Kraith
08.08.2014 , 04:38 PM | #198
Quote: Originally Posted by Beltane

"As someone who has dropped a considerable amount of $$$$$$ on predominantly cash-store based housing in other games, I am incredibly disappointed with the decision to make TOR's housing based on hooks.

The segment of MMO players who are passionate about housing want to actually be able to create new and interesting things, not just place tables and chairs around a prefabricated house.

I want to be able to turn a bunch of bookcases around to create a new wall made out of their backs.
I want to be able to flip a chair upside down and stick a table through it to make a new and unique shelf.
I want to be able to levitate items in the air.
I want to have free control to place things wherever I want to create something truly unique.

This is an absolutely massive letdown and I really hope the devs reconsider. The hook system looks nice for people who are very casual about housing, but please give us an option to turn it off and have three dimensional item placement. Otherwise, this game will NOT attract dedicated MMO decorators who play other games for that reason"

OMG....listen....SWG was great...but if the player housing feature didnt save that game....then why would it destroy this one and cause serious MMOs players to leave? Come on...sure SWG got it right when it came to players houses....but lets give BW some time and maybe there will be an update where you can have freedom to do what you want inside just like with our ability to change the UI.

Starglitter
08.19.2014 , 09:39 AM | #199
While the system does seem a times limited, it could be worse and of course there is much room for improvement; which is natural for any new entry in a game.

I have several questions:

If I on empire side buy a stronghold in Dromund Kaas, can my Republic alts in my legacy be able to reach it?

Should I buy a Stronghold in a planet under neither side control such as Alderran or Nar Shadaa? So this way either faction alt can actually reach it?

I read long ago, that subscribers that had been on since late last year, would receive a stronghold at Nar Shaadaa free, is this still true?

(At work at the moment, so can't check things out)

Sue

Daryus
08.19.2014 , 11:04 AM | #200
As long as you were a subscriber on the dates listed (I know one of the dates was in May, the other was in July), then yes you will receive a free stronghold. I was part of the group that subscribed back in May for early release, so I received my stronghold with 5 rooms unlocked, as well as a bunch of free basic furniture, crafting droids, and a few other things.
LGN DaryusZalyn'Cya, Deputy Recruiting Officer, Rebel Squadrons
Second Officer, Rebel Squadrons Guild