Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Is Time For Bioware To Look At Some F2P Restrictions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Is Time For Bioware To Look At Some F2P Restrictions

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
06.25.2014 , 10:36 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by mustopak View Post
yawn.. this again? threads about F2P restrictions never ends well. I say F2P is already good with the restrictions and there is no need to further reduce the restriction IMO. I only sneak in my bro's account to post on forums

- fellow f2p who is constantly being bashed
Well I'm glad you're here, F2P or not. I guarantee you contribute more to this game than some of the jackholes around here.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

Grayseven's Avatar


Grayseven
06.25.2014 , 11:37 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Goukakyuu View Post
You say this, and yet, SWTOR is not really even worth the sub price...
It is. For 15 bucks I get entertainment whenever I want for as long as I want.

On top of that, I actually support the business that provides me with this extremely inexpensive entertainment so that they can continue to provide me with new entertainment.

If you are posting here, you think the same thing, otherwise you wouldn't be able to post here. I swear half the posts about this on the forums are people wanting to go F2P and wanting everything they have as a sub.
"50 Grades of Shae", a heart-warming novel about a Mandalorian that delivers beat-downs and assigns grades to her victims.

shefflad's Avatar


shefflad
06.25.2014 , 12:11 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Grayseven View Post
It is. For 15 bucks I get entertainment whenever I want for as long as I want.

On top of that, I actually support the business that provides me with this extremely inexpensive entertainment so that they can continue to provide me with new entertainment.

If you are posting here, you think the same thing, otherwise you wouldn't be able to post here. I swear half the posts about this on the forums are people wanting to go F2P and wanting everything they have as a sub.
Well I have no intention of going F2P . What does get to me is just waiting around for things to pop when there are loads of people on my server . But due to restrictions half the server cant play them.

All those saying F2P get enough that maybe but the longer people wait the more the game looks/feels dead and that's when people move on . Just look at the threads all ready saying servers have low populations and if this carries on its just going to get worse.

But I guess people would rather play on dead servers than open up the game abit more to F2P.

DarthTHC's Avatar


DarthTHC
06.25.2014 , 12:13 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Well I'm glad you're here, F2P or not. I guarantee you contribute more to this game than some of the jackholes around here.
And you post that even as he, an F2P player, says that it's fine as it is, a point against lessening restrictions.

DarthTHC's Avatar


DarthTHC
06.25.2014 , 12:14 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by shefflad View Post
Well I have no intention of going F2P . What does get to me is just waiting around for things to pop when there are loads of people on my server . But due to restrictions half the server cant play them.

All those saying F2P get enough that maybe but the longer people wait the more the game looks/feels dead and that's when people move on . Just look at the threads all ready saying servers have low populations and if this carries on its just going to get worse.

But I guess people would rather play on dead servers than open up the game abit more to F2P.
Then find an F2P player who would like to queue with you and give them the appropriate unlock. Problem solved, right?

Foambreaker's Avatar


Foambreaker
06.25.2014 , 12:22 PM | #26
The reason the Qs are slow has to do with problems with PvP, not F2P.

robertthebard's Avatar


robertthebard
06.25.2014 , 12:23 PM | #27
I keep seeing "there's nothing worth paying for" being posted in a forum that requires one to be paying to post. So, apparently, the ability to post is worth paying for, or, someone's lying... Actually, I guess if being able to post here is worth paying for, it just means that someone's lying, no matter what, eh?

The restrictions are there to make people want to avoid them by subbing. They need to stay.

Rusah's Avatar


Rusah
06.25.2014 , 12:25 PM | #28
The F2P restrictions are more than fair, in this world you get what you pay for.

They are taking up server space, bandwidth ect without paying
They get access to the expansion for free, something alot of us paid for
They can farm credits to buy unlocks for nearly everything limited off the gtn
They can bypass credit limits again by buying them from the gtn

So given this there are four choices for F2P people
1. Accept the limits they have
2. Farm credits and get unlocks that have been paid for by others to gain access to just about everything for free
3. Make a one time small spend to have even less restrictions
4. Sub and get everything

I started as F2P then i decided to sub, i get the six month package, which works out at less than one hours wage per month. That is not a high sub cost, even the more expensive packages can be afforded by a kid with a paper round or pocket money.

If someone does not want to pay such a small fee for unlimited access then ok, i got no issues with that. But since they are playing for free then they should be happy that they get as much as they do plus in-game ways to bypass the restrictions, they are treated more than fairly and should not have the restrictions relaxed.

It is the people that pay that support keeping this game afloat, be it by sub or buying coins, a F2P is someone who has not contributed a penny and as such should either be happy with what they have, sub or find a game with F2P restrictions more to their liking.

Mithros's Avatar


Mithros
06.25.2014 , 01:29 PM | #29
If you give the F2P people greater access to warzones or flashpoints or whatever, then you take away incentive for subscribers.

There is a balance. Yeah, maybe it's frustrating for some PvPers that subscribe to not have matches as often as they would like, but if they let F2Pers participate more often, those same subscribers may decide that F2P gives them all the PvP that they want.

The OP paints a picture of subscribers leaving unless something is done, but his solution could result in the exact same thing.
My referral link. Feel free to use it. It's free stuff.

Beta Squadron 157. The pixel lives on in our hearts.

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
06.25.2014 , 01:31 PM | #30
I agree. After almost a year break I wanted to go back into raiding. Barely any guilds out there on ToFN doing top content and it's impossible to find pugs for Hard (ez) mode Dread Fortress or Palace :/

Need to think of some way to make life harder for freeps, though. I think credit limit is totally enough, though.
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.