Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is Time For Bioware To Look At Some F2P Restrictions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Is Time For Bioware To Look At Some F2P Restrictions

shefflad
06.25.2014 , 06:57 AM | #1
I have seen multiple threads regarding queue times for warzones / flash points etc. I have been playing since launch and the queues popped really quick then. Since then the game as gone F2P with more of the player base falling into this category.

Now it can take a while for queues to pop I have waited over 20 mins for warzones to pop only to find its still not a full team 4vs3 for arenas etc. But when you look around on the fleet /planets there are multiple instances of these so the players are there.

So with that in mind with F2P players only able to do 5 warzones etc a week is it time to remove these restrictions or increase how many they can do. The longer people have to queue/wait for pops the more they get bored and then move on from the game.

I know subs will say well they can pay for it like the rest of us. But they are not going to pay and in the end it only hurts the game and reduces subs even more as people leave due to wait times.

Justbee
06.25.2014 , 07:00 AM | #2
as far as i know, they skipped that wz restriction some time ago. (abo since release so i cant sayif i remeber correct never tried f2p)

ppl get bored by that awful lack of playable pve content, not for longer waiting time on warzones.

improved content, make that game interesting again and there will be a load of players which will queue for wz too
Gemüse schmeckt am besten, wenn man es kurz vor dem Verzehr durch ein Schnitzel ersetzt!

shefflad
06.25.2014 , 07:03 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Justbee View Post
as far as i know, they skipped that wz restriction some time ago. (abo since release so i cant sayif i remeber correct never tried f2p)

ppl get bored by that awful lack of playable pve content, not for longer waiting time on warzones.

improved content, make that game interesting again and there will be a load of players which will queue for wz too
Well iam just using warzones as an example. I think this applies to all content that people have to queue for.

Justbee
06.25.2014 , 07:46 AM | #4
ahh kk.

but as mentionedb efore, the problem ist the lack of playable content for pvelers. that is the biggest part of the players. improve that u get more players.
skipping most restrictions would mb have more f2p players listing for ops, gsf and wz, but a bunch of serious subbers will leave. remember the whining for that summerpass.
Gemüse schmeckt am besten, wenn man es kurz vor dem Verzehr durch ein Schnitzel ersetzt!

PlasmaJohn
06.25.2014 , 07:48 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Justbee View Post
There was mention of doing that but I don't think that was ever implemented.

Audiva - Cogohi - Malkerson - Mysalia - OIejandro - Roxiani - Szachi
Aldriovok - Jubelee - Korduun - Mikkiani - Ojain - Oromunroe - Ryliani

DarthTHC
06.25.2014 , 08:00 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by shefflad View Post
I have seen multiple threads regarding queue times for warzones / flash points etc. I have been playing since launch and the queues popped really quick then. Since then the game as gone F2P with more of the player base falling into this category.

Now it can take a while for queues to pop I have waited over 20 mins for warzones to pop only to find its still not a full team 4vs3 for arenas etc. But when you look around on the fleet /planets there are multiple instances of these so the players are there.

So with that in mind with F2P players only able to do 5 warzones etc a week is it time to remove these restrictions or increase how many they can do. The longer people have to queue/wait for pops the more they get bored and then move on from the game.

I know subs will say well they can pay for it like the rest of us. But they are not going to pay and in the end it only hurts the game and reduces subs even more as people leave due to wait times.
If they're not going to pay, they're already getting far, FAR more than they pay for. They don't need any more.

This game isn't a charity. The dozens of men and women who work hard to produce this game for us deserve to be paid for their efforts. F2P players are leeches. Parasites. Dregs of society. And they're even worse than that when they have the gall to demand even more stuff for free on top of all the stuff they already get for free.

WRT F2P restrictions, BW needs to add one. Limit chat to Guild, Party, and Operations only.

TUXs
06.25.2014 , 08:12 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
If they're not going to pay, they're already getting far, FAR more than they pay for. They don't need any more.

This game isn't a charity. The dozens of men and women who work hard to produce this game for us deserve to be paid for their efforts. F2P players are leeches. Parasites. Dregs of society. And they're even worse than that when they have the gall to demand even more stuff for free on top of all the stuff they already get for free.

WRT F2P restrictions, BW needs to add one. Limit chat to Guild, Party, and Operations only.
Why such vehement hate for F2Pers? To classify them all with such hateful terms and descriptions is insulting. F2P simply gets them to TRY the game - it's up to Bioware to entice them to pay once they are in. Right now, there's nothing worth paying for!

And you're wrong about any of them "demanding" more. The person you obviously imply is "demanding" is the OP - and clearly he's a paying subscriber since he posted.

Apparently you missed the point of the thread as well, which was simply making a suggestion to IMPROVE the game for subscribers by removing some of the restrictions that slow down queues.

Also, limiting chat because of a few gold spammers is moronic! You don't punish every potential paying customer simply because you refuse to police your own freaking chat in-game. Where the **** do our "REPORT SPAM" reports go? It's 2014...export the chat to a text file and email it to someone who can silence a player.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Goukakyuu
06.25.2014 , 08:13 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post

"Work hard" isn't what I'd say to describe the development of SWTOR lol

Cidanel
06.25.2014 , 08:16 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Why such vehement hate for F2Pers? To classify them all with such hateful terms and descriptions is insulting. F2P simply gets them to TRY the game - it's up to Bioware to entice them to pay once they are in. Right now, there's nothing worth paying for!

And you're wrong about any of them "demanding" more. The person you obviously imply is "demanding" is the OP - and clearly he's a paying subscriber since he posted.

Apparently you missed the point of the thread as well, which was simply making a suggestion to IMPROVE the game for subscribers by removing some of the restrictions that slow down queues.

Also, limiting chat because of a few gold spammers is moronic! You don't punish every potential paying customer simply because you refuse to police your own freaking chat in-game. Where the **** do our "REPORT SPAM" reports go? It's 2014...export the chat to a text file and email it to someone who can silence a player.
If F2P was actually only to try the game, it wouldn't let you get farther than level 30 or so. If it were to let you try the game only, it would give you 20 hours of free playtime and then force you to subscribe to get any more. Being able to get to end game isn't 'trying' a game.

Increasing what F2P can do doesn't make the game better. It pushes more people away from subscriptions, lowering revenue to EA which prevents them from having the money to develop new content.

TUXs
06.25.2014 , 08:29 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Cidanel View Post
If F2P was actually only to try the game, it wouldn't let you get farther than level 30 or so. If it were to let you try the game only, it would give you 20 hours of free playtime and then force you to subscribe to get any more. Being able to get to end game isn't 'trying' a game.

Increasing what F2P can do doesn't make the game better. It pushes more people away from subscriptions, lowering revenue to EA which prevents them from having the money to develop new content.
Right, Bioware needs to improve the END GAME - right now, there's no reason to be a subscriber at all. That's why I said, Bioware needs to give them a reason to sub (ie content...FRESH content and fun content).

Letting your game stagnate, while still charging a sub fee, doesn't entice many people to stay subbed.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)