Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Death of the 8m SM Op's

Ssuspriina
06.12.2014 , 02:43 AM | #1
Hi,
I would like it express my concern about taking 8m SM Op's out of groupfinder, plenty of people prefer doing 8m SM Ops. You learn the tactics better in 8m as almost everyone has a role to play where as 16m people can get away with slacking a lot easier, Lag for those with lessor computers is always better in 8m.

Yet now you have changed the groupfinder ops to 16m & taken 8m completely out of groupfinder people will not want to do 8m anymore as the rewards as so much less, 70 ultimate comms for a 16m S&V run V's 12 ultimate comms for a 8m run.

I have talked to a few people in my guild about stepping up from our usual 8m Op's to 16m ops & have been told by 2 people if we do that there computers wont be up to the task & they will be forced to quit the game. So we either carry on with 8m for a pitiful reward or lose & quarter of our raid force..

I am sure if the 8m & 16m rewards were the same you would get ALOT more people doing 8m as there easier to put together when servers are quiet, so please Bioware don't screw the people over that love 8m ops & put them back into Groupfinder.
The point is to get a decent reward you have to do 16m , 72 ultimate comm's for a 16m S&V, 66 ultimate comm's for TFB V's 12 ultimate comm's for each of the 8m versions of these ops. Its a joke, yes I agree 8m is more for guild runs but why should it take a guild 5 times longer to get the ultimate comm's than someone who pugs the same ops.

Before the change a 16m S&V was 40 ultimate comm's & an 8m was 32 Ultimate comm's.

Slightly more for 16 man which I always felt was a little unfair but hey not a massive difference so didn't mind too much, but now the ration is 72 to 12 it is totally unfair, even more so when you can get 10 ultimate comm's for a daily HM FP, so a Weekly Op is only worth 2 more ultimate comm's than a daily HM FP how is that fair & balanced?

Not to Mention after just 2 Weekly 16 man Op's you will be just about at the Weekly Cap for ultimate Comm's

RikuvonDrake
06.12.2014 , 02:58 AM | #2
Nothing is stopping you from gather up an 8man group on your on outside Group Finder, as you say yourself the 8man is much easier to assemble if you don't have anything against to suffer a few more wipes due to the dependency of fewer people in 8man. There is no one forcing you to only run 16man raids, 8man mode isn't removed and is still possible to pick if you and your group wishes to do so =)
Dread Master - Deposer of The Dread Masters - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Not Good Enough | Riku - Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rikache - Rikachacha - Rikache
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

ValeGreiger
06.12.2014 , 03:15 AM | #3
I don't think that's the OP's point. The point he/she's making is that the REWARDS for 16m rendered 8m story mode obsolete, which is true.

jade_de_aguilera
06.12.2014 , 03:44 AM | #4
For me 8man SMs make sense only as guild runs so I dont see why they should be in groupfinder.

Ssuspriina
06.12.2014 , 04:18 AM | #5
The point is to get a decent reward you have to do 16m , 72 ultimate comm's for a 16m S&V, 66 ultimate comm's for TFB V's 12 ultimate comm's for each of the 8m versions of these ops. Its a joke, yes I agree 8m is more for guild runs but why should it take a guild 5 times longer to get the ultimate comm's than someone who pugs the same ops.

slafko
06.12.2014 , 04:19 AM | #6
I see no reason againt both versions being available through the GF.
I see their R2 droid and I grab it. No, you can't have it back, silly rabbit!

Icestar
06.12.2014 , 06:50 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by jade_de_aguilera View Post
For me 8man SMs make sense only as guild runs so I dont see why they should be in groupfinder.
Exactly, 8 man is a nice guildrun while 16 man is more suited for pug runs.

Pug 8 man....haha well....it can end up very bad
"Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable. These ties cannot, be seen, but, we can feel them"
- Nikola Tesla

Levram
06.12.2014 , 11:41 AM | #8
I don't see quite the crisis with 8-man SM operations and their lower Ultimate Commendation rewards that others seem to perceive.

Apart from certain belts and bracers that have a min/maxed modification in them, and that one pair of Marauder pants with the min/maxed power/alacrity enhancement in them, all other 180 gear that can be bought with Ultimate Commendations is trash. It is no-set bonus, high endurance, low secondary stat garbage. I cannot understand why players seem to be obsessed with purchasing the worst gear in the game for themselves.

A player in proper set-bonus min/maxed 162 gear from SM TFB and S&V is in a better position to tackle HM TFB and S&V than some GF Warrior who is in head-to-toe Ultimate Commendation gear that they have been spending weeks grinding the Ultimate Commendations to buy.

So any stable guild group that is running 8-man SM operations where people get to roll on the pieces of unassembled 162 Arkanian gear (and 168 Underworld from DF and DP) that will help them the most is in a much better position gear-wise than a player who is using Ultimate Commendations to gear themselves up.
Acuzel (Assassin DPS/Tank) Ivs (Operative Healer) Praeco (Powertech Tank)
The Imperial Order
The Shadowlands

Ssuspriina
06.12.2014 , 12:16 PM | #9
Well Levram wouldn't you have even better gear if you used Your arcanian boots for set bonus but placed in mods & enhancements from the 180 set, for instance shadow tank head piece sucks on arcanian ( Alacrity for tank ) but you keep the set bonus from armouring & put in the mods & enhancement from 180 shadow tank gloces & gain a lot more shield / absorb. That's what I use my Ultimate's for.

But your also missing the point, my guild prefers to do 8m Ops & our reward for doing those ops has been halfed where as the reward for doing a 16m ops has almost doubled. So why are people been punished for preferring 8m over 16m.

Loc_n_lol
06.12.2014 , 12:25 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Levram View Post
Um, no.
Set bonus non-withstanding, this isn't better than this.

Comms let you buy any piece you want, so even if most pieces have trash stats, but one has decent ones, you can just buy the same 1 or 2 pieces over and over until you have good enough stats. And Oriconian being 2 tiers higher than underworld means that even the endurance-heavy enhancements have slightly more useful stats than the optimized ones. Besides, it's not like getting comms in 16-man runs stops you from getting arkanian or underworld gear too.
There is really no incentive at all to run 8-man SM, no matter how you look at it.

The way I see it, if the 4 comms per boss were transferred from the 16-man to the 8-man mode, things would be more fair, assuming full completion and use of the group finder for 16-man, tha twould give :
TFB 8m : 32 comms
TFB 16m : 42 comms
S&V 8m : 40 comms
S&V 16m : 42 comms
DF/DP 8m : 36 comms
DF/DP 16m : 46 comms