Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Help with KDY Boss Achievement

Danylia
06.08.2014 , 07:31 AM | #1
- I have Achievement OCD
- Until today, I did about 100 KDY runs
- I created a new character (Gunslinger) for the sole purpose to get the Republic KDY Achievements (since I assume no one sane does KDY at max level)
- All which remains now is to defeat Lieutenant Krupp six times
- Last 15 runs (after I completed the "Defeat Lord Modo 10 times" Achievement): 1 x Krupp, 3x Station Guardian, 11x Lord Modo (every time I see "reach the Command Platform" I want to cut and hang myself)
- I have the "match with groups in progress" checkbox on, and I pray to god and the Force everytime I queue to be matched with a group in progress, to make the grind before facing the boss at least slightly shorter (it never happened so far)

So, is there a trick, a workaround, a way to influence the odds, anything what could help me to defeat Lieutenant Krupp six times, before I will inevitably go insane?
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafkin View Post
Last nights group finder was a mess. The short version is that two of the people were really bad but the tank was pretty good. After we called it I asked the tank if he wanted to queue up with me. He said "I'm eleven and I have to go to bed".
The one guy who knew what he was doing was eleven years old.

Halinalle
06.08.2014 , 08:40 AM | #2
Random is random. It really does mean random.
The Progenitor, Legacy Level 50; The Red Eclipse, Legacy Level ??
Tanks: Juggernaut (P), 2x Assassin (P, RE)
Tanks: 2x Shadow (P), Vanguard (P), Guardian (P)

The-Uncreative
06.08.2014 , 08:41 AM | #3
to be honest, the only thing that pops up in my mind would be to ask a/your guild.

If only there was a way to switch team members with an other team

Good Luck with getting your achievement!
I am everywhere*!!!
(*everywhere does not include RP-servers, PvP-servers or non-English speaking servers)
---> this is a referal Link.... if you do not wish to be my Referal Friend then don't click it

Khevar
06.08.2014 , 08:43 AM | #4
If you can find someone else that needs the same achievement, you could farm KDY together at level 55 (2 players + 2 companions will blow though the trash scenarios). If you don't get the boss you want, reset the instance and try it again.

It's the only way I can think of to speed up the process.

Danylia
06.09.2014 , 01:20 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by The-Uncreative View Post
to be honest, the only thing that pops up in my mind would be to ask a/your guild.

If only there was a way to switch team members with an other team

Good Luck with getting your achievement!
Guild help would indeed be the ideal solution, alas my guild (and main character) is Empire side - pretty much the only time I spend on a Republic character is when I'm queueing for the KDY achievement.
Thanks for the best wishes

Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
If you can find someone else that needs the same achievement, you could farm KDY together at level 55 (2 players + 2 companions will blow though the trash scenarios). If you don't get the boss you want, reset the instance and try it again.

It's the only way I can think of to speed up the process.
Sounds like something worth trying. It also gave me another idea - I could "offer a job" or "hire" another player, who would clear the instance up to the boss for me (something like "I will pay you 100k credits if you invite me to a group for defeating Lieutenant Krupp"). The only issue here is again my lack of time spend Republic side ...
Anyway, thanks!
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafkin View Post
Last nights group finder was a mess. The short version is that two of the people were really bad but the tank was pretty good. After we called it I asked the tank if he wanted to queue up with me. He said "I'm eleven and I have to go to bed".
The one guy who knew what he was doing was eleven years old.

JouerTue
06.09.2014 , 04:50 AM | #6
go with guild, reset last phase until you get your boss.