Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

LFM Etiquette

TheRandomno
06.06.2014 , 10:58 AM | #21
It's really just turned into a stereotype that tanks are leaders for various reasons... I like how Hatred's GM often is leading the op on his non-tanks. Makes a change.
Unobtainable achievements list over 1000 points players can't get
Overall Achievements Leaderboard (somewhat dead)
Click for my referral link, you get some free stuff and so do I. (learn more)

Adaliaya
06.09.2014 , 02:24 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRandomno View Post
It's really just turned into a stereotype that tanks are leaders for various reasons... I like how Hatred's GM often is leading the op on his non-tanks. Makes a change.
This ^^ I have never understood why is Tank automatically leader. I gladly follow lead of nice, experienced Tank, but if Tank is first-timer etc. It's better to let DPS or healer leads

slafko
06.09.2014 , 05:52 AM | #23
Tank is automatically the leader in Group Finder Flashpoints and easymode operations you get from the same Group Finder. In those cases, it is up to the tank to inform the team whether or not they're capable of leading the team. I for one do not discuss who's leading the pug team when I'm tanking. There's really no need for it and the only thing where a democracy is needed is the decision whether or not the group will be doing the bonus. Once that is established, it's Follow the Tank and Enjoy the Ride.

In more serious settings such as latest operations - the raid leader is usually the leader of the operations team or someone with an "officer" rank within the guild. Most often a rdps because of better perspective.

Nothing complicated or revolutionary, right?
I see their R2 droid and I grab it. No, you can't have it back, silly rabbit!

Fidelicatessen
06.10.2014 , 12:30 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
Tank is automatically the leader in Group Finder Flashpoints and easymode operations you get from the same Group Finder.
I love you slafko, but I gotta call balderdash on this statement. I play several tanks and often do GF FPs. I am also often not the leader. I know this for a fact because I always am trying to do /rc before fights and can't.

slafko
06.10.2014 , 01:00 AM | #25
I didn't mean leader as the actual dude that GF randomly designates as the leader and puts a star on their name. I meant it in the sense of doing the actual leading - setting the pace, deciding the tactics and guiding the team.

As for flashpoints, if anyone has any doubts about who's leading the team when I'm tanking, they learn really, really fast. Some even learn by getting killed repeatedly, but they do learn.

And why the hell would you /rc in flashpoints? Enough time is wasted on gathering materials and looting drops. Force Speed and Rocket Boost the rest of the instance. The entire flashpoint should be one giant continuous pull.

Fidelicatessen
06.10.2014 , 01:22 AM | #26
And why the hell would you /rc in flashpoints? Enough time is wasted on gathering materials and looting drops. Force Speed and Rocket Boost the rest of the instance. The entire flashpoint should be one giant continuous pull.
Because I often run with folks who are in either a) their first flashpoint or b) their first time running through this flashpoint, or both. I explain mechanics and in order to determine if there are any questions when I'm done, I like to do a /rc.

If I'm with folks who know what they're doing, then the entire FP is one continuous pull

HBCentaurion
06.10.2014 , 01:26 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRandomno View Post
Raid leading a progression operation (NiM) as a tank is truly a pain in the ***. Most likely you have the boss right up your face, you gotta watch out for mechanics and DCDs, calling stuff out, keep track of the other tank for possible tank switches etc while at the same time making sure that the DPS thats 30 meters away doesn't go derping.

In SM / FP tanks generally lead as they decide the pace, but for harder content a rDPS is the better choice for a raid lead.

slafko
06.10.2014 , 02:31 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Fidelicatessen View Post
Because I often run with folks who are in either a) their first flashpoint or b) their first time running through this flashpoint, or both. I explain mechanics and in order to determine if there are any questions when I'm done, I like to do a /rc.

If I'm with folks who know what they're doing, then the entire FP is one continuous pull
I'm not a fan of your CareBear approach and expect people to tell everyone they're new to the flashpoint. Never understood why it's such a big deal informing your team mates you're inexperienced and need a quick briefing on the tactics.

Elusive_Thing
06.10.2014 , 02:41 AM | #29
I'm not a fan of your CareBear approach and expect people to tell everyone they're new to the flashpoint. Never understood why it's such a big deal informing your team mates you're inexperienced and need a quick briefing on the tactics.
It's good form to tell that, but if everyone is silent and someone looks a little lost during other pulls, I do ask if I need to explain the tactics. I'll rather do that than pay repair bills.

Adaliaya
06.11.2014 , 04:46 AM | #30
Slafko sounds like tank I gladly follow lead of. But yet I have ran to tanks like following example:

Tank is clearly quite new (Red Reaper SM) based on fact he has Force Techique on. I (Sage Healer) ask him to keep track on spawning adds and also switch stance. Silence. Soon all expect "nOOb" n and b on caps response: Don't tell me what to do, I am leader. You nOOb healer just keep me alive"
Well, adds killed me and rest followed. I got kicked for reason nOOb ... I loled watching loadbar
This is very unlucky example but these are tanks I don't like to follow