Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

LFM Etiquette

Maldorans
06.05.2014 , 04:51 AM | #1
So you get some weird LFM on the fleet.

First up, the single DPS looking for the entire raid, but mentions full run. How do you know the other 15 you'll find can manage a full run. For DP do you have two tanks that know what they are doing and a kiter that knows what they are doing? In TFB do the DPS know what to do or the tanks? You don't know if they do, you're pugging the entire raid!

You're not LFM DP Full Run 2T 4H 9DPS, you're s single DPS LFG!

Don't know why it annoys me so much, but any time I've joined such a pug it's invariably a failure.

Second up is 'must be geared, know tactics' for SM raids. What exactly is 'geared'? Because if you look at the tooltips for the missions for SM, you need 156. That's nothing. You'll have about 24k health and that seems to get people kicked? Why? It could be an alt and a very knowledgeable player. SM are gearing and learning runs. 'Know tactics' annoys me as well. Instruct them, teach them and you produce more raiders. Don't have time for that? Gonna QQ at the first wipe? Then you're probably not in the game for the fun and are maybe obsessed by gear, gear and more gear.

I do a lot of late night OPs on the Red Eclipse. I always make a point of saying gear and tactics not an issue. I always have successful raids. People should be more open and forgiving.
Tally Ho For the Empire!

HBCentaurion
06.05.2014 , 05:21 AM | #2
So basically you want a ton of players just spamming fleet with DPS LFG instead of trying to form a group themselves?

RikuvonDrake
06.05.2014 , 05:22 AM | #3
Some people may not have the patience or the ability to spend as much time as you do with explaining tactics and wiping, maybe they just wanna go into the raid, kill all bosses off and get out. To then ensure that players who join the group know the basic tactics and has pretty good gear to make up for mistakes does not seem particularly strange.

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse

fire-breath
06.05.2014 , 05:29 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Maldorans View Post

First up, the single DPS looking for the entire raid, but mentions full run. How do you know the other 15 you'll find can manage a full run. For DP do you have two tanks that know what they are doing and a kiter that knows what they are doing? In TFB do the DPS know what to do or the tanks? You don't know if they do, you're pugging the entire raid!

Don't know why it annoys me so much, but any time I've joined such a pug it's invariably a failure.
No mate. He isn't L(ooking)F(or a)G(roup). He is L(ooking)F(or)M(ore). Every pugrun will start with 1 guy deciding to organize an ops. My feelings are quite the opposite of yours I think.
This DPS is making an effort to make a team instead of passivly waiting till someone else decides to pull a group together. About the quality of the pugs? Well it always is a big question for DP if the group is gonna make it 4/5 and even bigger a question 5/5. But this is regardless of whether he is making a group or joining one.
In short: I'm sorry but you will find no sympathy here for this one.

Second up is 'must be geared, know tactics' for SM raids. What exactly is 'geared'? Because if you look at the tooltips for the missions for SM, you need 156. That's nothing. You'll have about 24k health and that seems to get people kicked? Why? It could be an alt and a very knowledgeable player. SM are gearing and learning runs. 'Know tactics' annoys me as well. Instruct them, teach them and you produce more raiders. Don't have time for that? Gonna QQ at the first wipe? Then you're probably not in the game for the fun and are maybe obsessed by gear, gear and more gear.

I do a lot of late night OPs on the Red Eclipse. I always make a point of saying gear and tactics not an issue. I always have successful raids. People should be more open and forgiving.
Just for this I made a toon called PugsloveHP. Its meant as a lighthearted educational toon with about 48k HP when she hits lv55. FYI, its a commando DPS.
Anyways ... gearwise I agree with you but hey ... a lot of people are just not seeing it. They look at HP. I got kicked out with a gearappropiate 20k HP sniper (had a very good mainhand to offset the lower mods). The moment I rejoined with the gear from my gunslinger macewindy I got called out for lootninja who wore lower gear on purpose .....

Tacticwise I do agree people SHOULD know tactics. With the abundance of guides both in written form on swtor and other sites like dulfy or youtube there is NO reason whatsoever to not know tactics.
I have seen only a few people when doing pugs who said they were 1st timers but have looked up guides and videos. THATS the attitude. If you want to be carried like that you should join a guild who can provide it for you. If you can't join a guild than I suggest you read dulfy and/or watch youtube videos.

FYI. SM runs are not primarily meant as gearing runs. Back in the old days we had N(ormal)M(ode), H(ard)M(ode) and Ni(ghtmare)M(ode). NM got changed to S(tory)M(ode) so anyone who wanted to just enjoy the story could do the content. The focus was to make it so that more people could clear content. Nowadays the endgame SM opses are way easier than the NM opses when Rakata (58/140) was the best available so I guess that bioware has achieved her goal.
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Macewindy - Sab Slinger since patch 1.2 through ups and downs
PugsloveHP - the 96k HP commando DPS/healer
(4.0 HP, currently updating it to 5.0)

Whojoo
06.05.2014 , 05:29 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by HBCentaurion View Post
So basically you want a ton of players just spamming fleet with DPS LFG instead of trying to form a group themselves?

Wouldn't that be awesome? The general chat becomes one big pool of dps to grab from! and if they are impatient, then just kick and throw your arm in the dps pool again for a new one

The Red Eclipse dps pool, can we get copyright on that one
The Red Eclipse
Republic Enforcers Suddenly Taken Over

Maldorans
06.05.2014 , 07:20 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
Some people may not have the patience or the ability to spend as much time as you do with explaining tactics and wiping, maybe they just wanna go into the raid, kill all bosses off and get out. To then ensure that players who join the group know the basic tactics and has pretty good gear to make up for mistakes does not seem particularly strange.
Tactics take two second, I rarely wipe. So...
Tally Ho For the Empire!

jade_de_aguilera
06.05.2014 , 09:45 AM | #7
For me this is a single DPS, willing to organize a pug OP. This means willing to take responsibility. Explain takts, explain loot rules.
If it is LFG it will be the opposite - i want to join group that anybody else takes care of.
"full run" ofc reasonable as well, he says in advance he needs people willing to do full run. When i join pug groups i always want to know if it is weekly or full or 1 boss or 3+ bosses

As for the other stuff i agree with you.

Ehbuse
06.05.2014 , 11:23 AM | #8
And the rage continues ..

fire-breath
06.05.2014 , 11:33 AM | #9
Oi ..... can we keep it polite Ehbuse?
@Mal: Its ok mate, I haven't seen any raging from you till provoked. Don't fall for the trolling mal.
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Macewindy - Sab Slinger since patch 1.2 through ups and downs
PugsloveHP - the 96k HP commando DPS/healer
(4.0 HP, currently updating it to 5.0)

Maldorans
06.05.2014 , 11:37 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by fire-breath View Post
Oi ..... can we keep it polite Ehbuse?
@Mal: Its ok mate, I haven't seen any raging from you till provoked. Don't fall for the trolling mal.

Fair point
Tally Ho For the Empire!