Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DPS Operations Leaderboards

Falver
06.09.2014 , 09:14 PM | #31
NiM Brontes
Claimed - Gunslinger - 36/4/6 - 2821
Survived to the end
http://www.torparse.com/a/694180
2756 w/ orbs hitting me at the end

Clipped appropriately
http://www.torparse.com/a/694180/tim...661/0/Overview

(And yes I know there's a submission form)
The Harbinger
Claimed - Thirteenth - Falver
<Phobos> is recruiting to fill in multiple raid groups. Apply at http://fearphobos.com/

Camelpockets
06.09.2014 , 09:49 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by oofalong View Post
EDIT: Deleted previous message; I was thinking of someone else.

The reason I removed it is that you submitted the same link for both Nefra and Draxus. While I appreciate I can scroll through your log, I don't want to get in the habit of doing this for everyone.

There were 5 or so people I need to contact via the forums to review the process before updating the sheet.
Oops, my mistake. I'll resubmit with the correct links.
Klehitt Cletah Camel
Guild Master of Don't Worry Bout It
The Pockets Legacy - Begeren Colony

oofalong
06.09.2014 , 09:59 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Camelpockets View Post
Oops, my mistake. I'll resubmit with the correct links.
I adjusted it. I didn't PM you because we talked about it here
The Shadowlands
*Mostly Updated for 3.0* Read my Theorycrafting Articles on Dulfy.net
*Updated for 3.0* Confused by all of the Proc Relics? Check out my new and improved relic explanation.

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
You are correct Oofalong.

oofalong
06.09.2014 , 10:09 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by SnickerJew View Post
Just curious as to why a variation of a spec would be "irrelevant." I thought the reason to include a Torhead link would be to indicate the exact spec you were running for the fight to show maybe why your numbers were higher or lower?
I was trying to avoid cluttering the leaderboards with nearly redundant parses. And, I didn't have a better way to prevent people from submitting unnecessary parses. As you know many specs have a few talent points that are effectively used to open the next row of talents. I wanted to guard against people submitting such parses where literally the specs are not materially different from a DPS perspective.

For instance in this example, I would expect Anni Maras to run 36/10 on Brontes in order to get the first kill, yet as gear and familiarity with the fight I would expect people to switch to 36/8/2. I would also expect this build to do more damage. Thus, your first leaderboard parse would be lower with the less DPS-friendly spec. However, I would expect you to submit an updated parse. Ultimately, the leaderboard would show the peak performance.

Does this make sense? (It's late and I am tired so it may not.)
The Shadowlands
*Updated for 3.0* Confused by all of the Proc Relics? Check out my new and improved relic explanation.

ChristVT
06.09.2014 , 11:22 PM | #35
Hey Oofalong,

I am sure this may have been covered, but what is the rule on Mirror characters? I have two Operative dps that are pretty much fully geared and I linked a Brontes parse on my Alt that is higher than my best on my main. Will this replace the parse on my main or will it be two separate positions on the leader board?

Thanks for throwing this together. It looks amazing, and I really like the format.
Subtlety
The Chandrian

oofalong
06.10.2014 , 10:42 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by ChristVT View Post
Hey Oofalong,

I am sure this may have been covered, but what is the rule on Mirror characters? I have two Operative dps that are pretty much fully geared and I linked a Brontes parse on my Alt that is higher than my best on my main. Will this replace the parse on my main or will it be two separate positions on the leader board?

Thanks for throwing this together. It looks amazing, and I really like the format.
This is a good question, and one which I just kind of avoided addressing. My initial thought is that mirrors (opposite or same faction) should be allowed. I figured at worst there would be 3 such mirrors - 2x Operative and 1x Scoundrel, right? Still, each character name is unique so it is relatively easy to maintain.

What are other's thoughts?

Just in case this sounds inconsistent with my thoughts on only one Parse per Character per Spec per Boss. I don't believe it is as each field would not contain a unique value if slight variations in spec were allowed.
The Shadowlands

nonzzete
06.11.2014 , 06:15 PM | #37
Sorry but I submitted two parsecs in Draxus NiM, one with Annihilation and one with Rage. I failed saying that it was Annihilation because it was Rage, so I made the second submission. Sorry about that, the Rage parsec is the good one.

oofalong
06.19.2014 , 08:54 AM | #38
bump for edits on the original post.
The Shadowlands

Mefistofles
06.24.2014 , 09:30 AM | #39
bump to keep on front page
Dark Council member of The Drunk Tanks, a Shadowlands Empire Guild
55 Sorcerer

nonzzete
06.24.2014 , 05:50 PM | #40
I submitted two parsecs in Grob'thok 8Nim, the normal one and another with the end cropped (we had to kill some adds). I hope the cropped one is OK, and can be the uploaded parsec

Thanks by the way, and good work with this post.