Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

BioWare, your bug-laden operations are driving players away from the game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
BioWare, your bug-laden operations are driving players away from the game

Shandellon's Avatar


Shandellon
06.12.2014 , 12:36 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by ScicleX View Post
Using this strategy for the Tanks would kill themselves, because even a missed Interrupt would apply the Debuff to you, and using your own interrupt after that would kill yourself, and not interrupt the mob.
It would kill them but it would interrupt mob. And I hope you understand that ressing one player is possible, while healing whole raid if debuff goes out is not.

Anyway, should have used past tense, as NiM debuff is gone
Cyntia - Sage Healer Hp - Gunsliger Dps
<Not Good Enough>/<FriendlyFire> @ ToFN

Levram's Avatar


Levram
06.12.2014 , 11:44 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Shandellon View Post
It would kill them but it would interrupt mob. And I hope you understand that ressing one player is possible, while healing whole raid if debuff goes out is not.
If your fight strategy is going as planned, I don't see why anyone would need to interrupt a corruptor twice. Tanks do not need to interrupt at all in the Draxus fight. Healers can pop an accuracy adrenal before the one interrupt they're responsible for in Phase 8 to guarantee they don't miss.
Acuzel (Assassin DPS) Ivs (Operative Healer) Praeco (Powertech Tank)
The Imperial Order
The Shadowlands

Keypek's Avatar


Keypek
06.12.2014 , 01:17 PM | #43
It is actually pretty rare that a healer needs to use their interrupt in our 16man nim runs if at all. The casting mobs are usually dead shortly after the second interrupt. If a third interrupt is needed that often on the last interrupt phase there is usually a dps problem. And if you know you have a couple dps that fall behind make sure the two dps that aren't on first two interrupts will get the third if needed. If you need four of the third interrupts your dps as a whole is failing. And never seen a dps interrupt not work. If it doesn't they screwed up or are lagging.

The slam animation bug from guardians was annoying the first night we did it. Since then we've avoided it every single time by adjusting for it which takes little effort.

Never known mobs not to spawn for someone more then a second maybe. Sounds like a latency or hardware problem. Every now and then we'll have some people not able to see a circle on the ground or another effect but that's because they have crappy computers and forgot to turn their settings down before starting the raid. And then that fixes it.

I don't know, nim is hard to do and requires adjusting and great team work. Yes bugs some times happen or things don't go your way as expected but some guilds adjust and never have a problem with them again. Some guilds never get past them.
K'mpek/Keypek or some variation
55s=1 of everything. Vanguard main.
Undercon __ ICE Breaker>Corellian Run>The Shadowlands

ArchangelLBC's Avatar


ArchangelLBC
06.12.2014 , 01:28 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Levram View Post
If your fight strategy is going as planned, I don't see why anyone would need to interrupt a corruptor twice. Tanks do not need to interrupt at all in the Draxus fight. Healers can pop an accuracy adrenal before the one interrupt they're responsible for in Phase 8 to guarantee they don't miss.
The suggestion was to use a leap to interrupt first, and then interrupt again if the leap misses, killing the player but ensuring the interrupt. Also, I can't speak to 8 man, but in 16 we use tanks to interrupt the despoiler in phase 8.

DPS can miss if they're running less than 100% accuracy, which some classes are running because they're using 4 accuracy enhancements and an alacrity piece instead of 5 accuracy pieces. Since a miss is a wipe in NiM, that's a pretty catastrophic design failure. You can espouse all the work arounds you want, but at the end of the day it's crappy design.

Quote: Originally Posted by Keypek View Post
It is actually pretty rare that a healer needs to use their interrupt in our 16man nim runs if at all. The casting mobs are usually dead shortly after the second interrupt. If a third interrupt is needed that often on the last interrupt phase there is usually a dps problem. And if you know you have a couple dps that fall behind make sure the two dps that aren't on first two interrupts will get the third if needed. If you need four of the third interrupts your dps as a whole is failing. And never seen a dps interrupt not work. If it doesn't they screwed up or are lagging.

The slam animation bug from guardians was annoying the first night we did it. Since then we've avoided it every single time by adjusting for it which takes little effort.

Never known mobs not to spawn for someone more then a second maybe. Sounds like a latency or hardware problem. Every now and then we'll have some people not able to see a circle on the ground or another effect but that's because they have crappy computers and forgot to turn their settings down before starting the raid. And then that fixes it.

I don't know, nim is hard to do and requires adjusting and great team work. Yes bugs some times happen or things don't go your way as expected but some guilds adjust and never have a problem with them again. Some guilds never get past them.
Our first several kills we had both healers use their interrupts. DPS has never been our strong suit. That being said we still had enough to actually kill the boss. Your experiences in general do not match mine, but it must be nice that everyone in your raid group has no visual issues. How do you adjust for slam not being where it says it is oh wise one? Some guilds push past the problems anyway, and some guilds get all arrogant because they never have issues so assume everyone else having issues is their own fault.

Fix your crap BW.

edit: I will note that since the change to respawns within the instance there seems to be a lot less visual issues. For whatever reason constantly reloading the instance always made the issues worse. I've had several progression nights where the adds pop fine on pull 1, and by pull 5 they're taking 5-10 seconds to show up which ends up with us doing a reset of the instance. With the changes this week, visual issues are down to around the 1 second mark you claim. Our usual work around btw was to have a DPS who had no issues seeing the adds for whatever reason set as the DPS focus target and then just have all the DPS acquire that person's target. That it could be worked around was no excuse for the issue to persist for so long though. Still if respawning inside the instance continues to prevent the issue, I'll put that as a double win in BW's column. So that would be 2 wins for BW and 5068294721044643216576157 failures.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd