Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why wait 14 hours for next Wave?


yoshua's Avatar


yoshua
12.13.2011 , 02:50 PM | #11
because in 3-5 hours everyone at work who hasnt gotten into the game will all log in at once and then they will have a real test as to how their hardware is holding up. All you have in game right now are people who stayed home from work/school to play.
Yoshua Acero
Pre-Cu Bria Vet - Master Doc/Master swords

Paid 15$ at Gamestop for my CE!

xcomax's Avatar


xcomax
12.13.2011 , 02:53 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by yoshua View Post
because in 3-5 hours everyone at work who hasnt gotten into the game will all log in at once and then they will have a real test as to how their hardware is holding up. All you have in game right now are people who stayed home from work/school to play.
So how did people get in that pre-ordered in December, and people who pre-ordered in July still aren't playing? Doesn't make much sense to me.

fishboyy's Avatar


fishboyy
12.13.2011 , 02:54 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by xcomax View Post
Why would Bioware wait 14 hours for the next wave? They said the next wave will be at 9:00am CST "tomorrow." Why tomorrow? I guess I just don't get it.
because that way instead of inviting people later tonight when the day players logoff they can invite them tomorrow when the same people from today are relogging and still playing and rendering the staggered system totally useless

seriously tho the staggered system only works if a very large anmount of people from each day stop playing on the following day, which is not going to happen, it nmakes 0 sense to me

Appletaz's Avatar


Appletaz
12.13.2011 , 02:57 PM | #14
But... most of the servers already read as full..... this is going to be interesting (grabs popcorn)

JekTerrik's Avatar


JekTerrik
12.13.2011 , 02:58 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by fishboyy View Post
because that way instead of inviting people later tonight when the day players logoff they can invite them tomorrow when the same people from today are relogging and still playing and rendering the staggered system totally useless

seriously tho the staggered system only works if a very large anmount of people from each day stop playing on the following day, which is not going to happen, it nmakes 0 sense to me
I think, just guessing, they're trying to keep the starting areas to a minimum number. Cause they don't want me to have too easy a time finding a group for Esseles.

Zeila's Avatar


Zeila
12.13.2011 , 02:58 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by zImperium View Post
One word: Primetime.

Within the next seven hours, the 100k people that had to go to their 9-5 jobs (like me) will be logging in. They want to keep the invites trickling not OMG HULK SMASH!
Pretty much this, not everyone that got in is currently in the game.
D E L I R I U M V E I L

xcomax's Avatar


xcomax
12.13.2011 , 02:58 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by fishboyy View Post
because that way instead of inviting people later tonight when the day players logoff they can invite them tomorrow when the same people from today are relogging and still playing and rendering the staggered system totally useless

seriously tho the staggered system only works if a very large anmount of people from each day stop playing on the following day, which is not going to happen, it nmakes 0 sense to me
I agree with you. They claim that people are getting off work etc. and are going to be playing now because it's "prime time." Well, it's not going to be "prime time" tonight when those people go to bed. Instead they are going to wait until morning so the same people who got in today and were able to play are going to be there again tomorrow. Which means that if they're worried about server over-load this is a redundant way of doing it.

Aharx's Avatar


Aharx
12.13.2011 , 02:59 PM | #18
They probably want to see how the servers hold up over night with the players that were let into the game. That and see if any bugs surface that they may have missed.
Aharx Pasari
Smuggler- Scoundrel: Sawbones
<<<--- GFF --->>>
"She may not look like much kid, but she's got it where it counts."

Der_Toter's Avatar


Der_Toter
12.13.2011 , 02:59 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by xcomax View Post
Why would Bioware wait 14 hours for the next wave? They said the next wave will be at 9:00am CST "tomorrow." Why tomorrow? I guess I just don't get it.
Why eat breakfast in the morning?

KittyPrawn's Avatar


KittyPrawn
12.13.2011 , 03:00 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by fishboyy View Post
because that way instead of inviting people later tonight when the day players logoff they can invite them tomorrow when the same people from today are relogging and still playing and rendering the staggered system totally useless

seriously tho the staggered system only works if a very large anmount of people from each day stop playing on the following day, which is not going to happen, it nmakes 0 sense to me
It is clear to me that you don't understand the process. It wouldn't be staggered if the group before didn't play after the first day. That would be more like a revolving door.

Steps are staggered. As steps get higher, there is more underneath to elevate the next step. To stagger, you need an increasing amount.