Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

5$ extra for Pre-order and probably will only get to play one day.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
5$ extra for Pre-order and probably will only get to play one day.

Vengillian
12.13.2011 , 02:48 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Sinku View Post
You didn't pay $5 extra. The $5 is subtracted from your final total when you pick up the game. If you do end up paying $5 more you are a fool.
Quote: Originally Posted by WrecklessMEDIC View Post
The $5 was a deposit, not an extra charge for Early Access time.

Wrong and Wrong. Origin, for example, charges 5 dollars for you to pre-order. Don't believe me? Go to the pre-order page right now and have a look.
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no death, there is the Force.

Vengillian
12.13.2011 , 02:50 PM | #22
$59.99**
Includes Origin $5 Pre-Order Fee

$79.99**

Includes here is vague, logically it would be the above price already includes the 5$, but the double ** is unknown.
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no death, there is the Force.

Badlander
12.13.2011 , 02:52 PM | #23
Walmart and some other places charged $1-5 extra for sending the pre order code to cover the cost of UPS, FEDEX..ect. So in a way people did pay more.
VULKAR HIGHWAY PVP SERVER
PANTHER - MARAUDER - ANNIHILATION SPEC

WrecklessMEDIC
12.13.2011 , 02:54 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Vengillian View Post
Wrong and Wrong. Origin, for example, charges 5 dollars for you to pre-order. Don't believe me? Go to the pre-order page right now and have a look.
I ordered from Origin as well, and according to my pre-order page it was a $5 deposit only. Not sure what you're lookin at.

Aurak
12.13.2011 , 02:55 PM | #25
The early pre-order access was included in the over all price of the game so you actually did pay $5 for the access key because that was automatically deducted from your acct when you paid and not really a deposit.

This might have been stated else where but too many posts to actually read and get thru so many complaints. But what Bioware should have done is that anyone that ordered the CE should have received the 7 day early access and then everyone else 5 days. This way they could have avoided so many disappointed people. This game was overly priced and there could have been a better plan laid out. The servers are going to be flooded anyways so just let people in and forget about the email waves.

You where suppose to test a major rush on your servers during beta and not during pre-release.

WrecklessMEDIC
12.13.2011 , 02:58 PM | #26
$59.99**

$79.99**

Includes here is vague, logically it would be the above price already includes the 5$, but the double ** is unknown.
$59.99 is the price you would have paid in the store on launch day, and $59.99 is the price you pay when you pre-order. The $5 Pre-Order Fee is a deposit that they take off the full price.

Thurgrayden
12.13.2011 , 03:00 PM | #27

I'm looking at my Origin receipt right now.

Product: SWTOR Digital Standard Edition
qty ordered = 1
Amount = $54.99

Product: SWTOR Digital Standard Edition Pre-Order Fee
qty ordered = 1
Amount = $5.00

Total = $59.99
Discount = $5.00

I'm no great mathematician, but it looks to me like the pre-order fee is deducted from the amount of the game...
I don't mean to insult your stupidity. Really, it's quite magnificent and worthy of praise.