Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

5$ extra for Pre-order and probably will only get to play one day.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
5$ extra for Pre-order and probably will only get to play one day.

SoulsBlade
12.13.2011 , 02:43 PM | #11
These posts are getting so funny! Who doesn't know this stuff?!

CriticalAtheist
12.13.2011 , 02:43 PM | #12
Id pay 20$ for one day, so damn excited.
"You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it."

-Sovereign

pottedfrog
12.13.2011 , 02:43 PM | #13
You didn't pay anything extra , the 'pre-order' amount is taken off your final retail order price.

The $5 pre-order amount is to stop people gaining EGA then cancelling their orders (happened a lot in other games I know about) without having any come-backs. Now they lose the $5 (may not be a lot, but you still lose it :P )

Squeets
12.13.2011 , 02:43 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyhmz View Post
So I paid the 5$ extra for the pre order to get my full early access but since I pre-ordered on the 12th of December and redeemed it at the same time I'll most likely be in the final last batch which at this rate will only happen in like never.

Just watch I'll get an email on the 19th like 30 seconds before the actual 20th release and I will have paid 5$ for that when I would usually pay 0.49$ per day (14.99/month) with a standard subscription fee, overpriced much ?

Heck it's not even worth 5$ even if you get the entire early access in, the early access pre-order fee should have only been 3.75 for 7 days instead of 5.
1) You literally preordered at the last possible second, to expect any early access at all is being extremely generous...

2) $5 is included in the purchase price... IE: $5, $55 when the game launches...

3) Honestly, carping about not getting into early access on day one when you literally preordered the day before it began is somewhat ********... Seek help.
------
"I am the Vanguard of your destruction, this exchange is over." - Donald Duck

redtimemonkey
12.13.2011 , 02:44 PM | #15
Considering there was a stickied forum post saying if you preorder at that time you will only get 1 day, MAYBE more, no sympathy.

Try reading what you're purchasing.

Brickabrack
12.13.2011 , 02:44 PM | #16
I'm so glad I'll be leaving these forums to actually play the game soon. This is too much...
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Playing Since 12-13-2011

pjskull
12.13.2011 , 02:44 PM | #17
This thread illustrates why all the hubbub about early Access rests on the shoulder of the consumer, not BioWare.

I mean, people don't even get what the $5 was for and that is cash out of their pocket. If they don't take the time to figure that out, and it involves money, you know they did not read the Early Access FAQ.

Eclio
12.13.2011 , 02:45 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyhmz View Post
So I paid the 5$ extra for the pre order to get my full early access but since I pre-ordered on the 12th of December and redeemed it at the same time I'll most likely be in the final last batch which at this rate will only happen in like never.

Just watch I'll get an email on the 19th like 30 seconds before the actual 20th release and I will have paid 5$ for that when I would usually pay 0.49$ per day (14.99/month) with a standard subscription fee, overpriced much ?

Heck it's not even worth 5$ even if you get the entire early access in, the early access pre-order fee should have only been 3.75 for 7 days instead of 5.
It was wise to purchase something without understanding it (and then posting about it for all to see was great too). Good job.

Sakes
12.13.2011 , 02:47 PM | #19
*Leary Mode*

1. You didn't pay an extra $5.

2. You don't know how much pre-order time you'll get.

3. Even if you do only get 1 day it's your own fault for pre-ordering late.

4. You don't know 'poo' about 'poo'

5. Pull up your pants.

/Leary

Swag-Attack
12.13.2011 , 02:48 PM | #20
I remember my first pre order...
Inches
Bounty Hunter
Port Nowhere