Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scoundrel to Operative ratio

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Scoundrel to Operative ratio

Jedi_Titus
05.01.2014 , 10:49 AM | #1
What do you guys consider to be the ratio in game between the operative and scoundrel advanced classes?

From what I have seen it seems to be 2 to 1 operatives over scoundrels but that is only in my view from The Bastion

Would love to hear some other opinions and statistics

I am also aware that many scoundrels/operatives are solely healers so considering this the healers ratio may be different than the DPS ratio

Jedi_Titus
05.02.2014 , 11:50 AM | #2
Ok so I've done some tallying myself on all of the US Servers during peak time for each server taking into account time zones. These are all numbers from fleet and are in no way completely accurate of the actual ratio.

Now I only counted Scoundrels/Operatives levels 50 - 55 but I found some interesting things out

The Bastion
Scoundrels - 12
Operatives - 10

Prophecy of the Five
Scoundrels - 16
Operatives - 22

The Harbinger
Scoundrels - 22
Operatives - 10

Begeren Colony
Scoundrels - 15
Operatives - 18

The Shadowlands
Scoundrels - 10
Operatives - 7

Jedi Covenant
Scoundrels - 14
Operatives - 9

Jung Ma
Scoundrels - 10
Operatives - 6

The Ebon Hawk
Scoundrels - 8
Operatives - 8

Totals:
Scoundrels - 107 -------- 54%
Operatives - 90 -------- 46%

Now these numbers are very close and are not indicative of official population. But they are interesting none the less

Something else that I noticed while counting was that on each server the number of people leveling scoundrels (levels 10-49) almost doubled the number of people leveling operatives

All in all it was fun to do this and I was happy to see that all servers had at least 2 instances of fleet on each faction. This game seems to still be alive and well!

chillshock
05.07.2014 , 04:29 AM | #3
Imho it's the operatives voice. It just... YEAARGH! Also... blaster rilfe vs blaster pistol: Using a handgun is way cooler if you usually keep the offhand free. On the other hand... a vibroblade is way cooler than a shotgun...

So style: smuggler wins.
Voice: smuggler wins.
Companions: debatable - I think the smuggler wins.
Ship: Hands down the IA. Although the Freighter has a rugged charme to it.

IA is still my favorite story arc.

Phyreblade
05.10.2014 , 12:10 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by chillshock View Post
Imho it's the operatives voice. It just... YEAARGH! Also... blaster rilfe vs blaster pistol: Using a handgun is way cooler if you usually keep the offhand free. On the other hand... a vibroblade is way cooler than a shotgun...

So style: smuggler wins.
Voice: smuggler wins.
Companions: debatable - I think the smuggler wins.
Ship: Hands down the IA. Although the Freighter has a rugged charme to it.

IA is still my favorite story arc.
I adore the male operative's voice. He friggin' purrs, there's no other word for that voice. It's sexy as all heck, and I love it. Not that there's anything wrong with my Scoundrel's voice, either. He has a smooth cadence, an easy tone that matches his humorous, fun-loving personality perfectly. But my operative speaking makes me think of drinking hot chocolate on a cold night. It's yummy, I'm telling you.

Played both classes through on female toons, too, and I still prefer the male voice acting, hands down. Both of my Main characters are males, a scoundrel on Republic side and an operative on Imperial side. Helps that I RP them as brothers, honestly.

So for me: it comes down to a love of the two stories. I think the smuggler story is purest fun, from start to finish. It's like a choose-your-own-comedy-adventure leveling a scoundrel. On the other hand, the agent story is awful until you reach Chapter 2, when it suddenly becomes the best gosh-darn chapter of any class story in the game. I wanted to rip some people apart for doing that to my operative, dang it!

My love of both stories is nearly equal, therefore. One for the fun of it and the other for just being that awesome during those specific scenes. But scoundrel ends up edging out for being a bit more consistently pleasing a story. I've leveled three scoundrels, mind you. And only two agents.

Here are my guys:
Gaibriel, sawbones scoundrel
Khyriel, medicine operative
"Why can't things be easy? Just once!"
-- Gaibriel, Sawbones Scoundrel on the Shadowlands Server
Phyreblade, Co-Leader Covenant of the Phoenix