Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars Rebels: Exclusive Clip

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Star Wars Rebels: Exclusive Clip

Beniboybling
04.19.2014 , 04:19 PM | #1
A clip from the show focused on Hera, the Twi'lek Pilot.

I thought I'd post this because it was actually quite an entertaining sequence and probably the biggest chunk of footage we've seen so far. I think I could see myself growing accustomed to the animation, it looks just as finely tuned as it was towards the tail end of TCW, the design is little bright, soft and simplistic, but the animation looks a lot more refined.

I also like the humor, I was a put a little on the fence by the trailers but this clip is gives me high hopes for the show.

Wolfninjajedi
04.19.2014 , 04:33 PM | #2
Nice, she isn't particularly my favorite character for Rebels. But it looks to be good! Can't wait to see what comes next! I wanna see more of this Sith Inquisitor tbh.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere
04.19.2014 , 04:35 PM | #3
I'm going to reserve my opinion until I've seen some more meat. No expectations = no disappointments.

Still, it does look nice.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Vepariga
04.19.2014 , 07:23 PM | #4
Looks great,has that OT feel of adventure which is lovely. Hera is a cool character I think,Show is showing some promise. Looking forward to the season.
== Dark Lord of the Sith and Proud member of the 501st Legion ==
"For my ally is the Force and a powerful ally it is."

tunewalker
04.19.2014 , 07:29 PM | #5
Honestly I am hopeing it has more of an over arcing story and less episodic.

That's the one thing I didn't care to much for so far in Clone Wars. Its very episodic feeling with a few story arcs thrown in, but for the most part you can watch almost any episode in almost any order with a few exceptions, because they essentially are all short stories with the same characters used and that's it.

I would prefer if it was more of an epic telling one long tale rather then a bunch of short ones all containing the same characters.

ShadowMudkip
04.19.2014 , 08:36 PM | #6
one complaint so far. To...many...bright....colors.
JediCovenant
The Veir Legacy
Mairick-Assassin Mylius-Sorcerer
Kaidin-Mercenary

StarSquirrel
04.19.2014 , 09:56 PM | #7
I get the feeling from this clip (especially seeing it'll be on Disney Channel XD) that this series is going to be heavily aimed towards a very young audience. That kinda pisses me off mainly because that's the very reason I refused to watch TCW until it came out on Netflix.

It took TCW 2-3 seasons to get a tone that could be appreciated by an adult audience imo. By the look of this series so far I'm thinking a similar situation might take place, if they even care about the adult audience at all.

Now don't get me wrong, I understand Star Wars is historically a more family-friendly franchise than many, but kids series lack in depth what clone wars seasons 3-5 (and 6 I guess) had and for the most part.

Oh, and the retcons, I'm fearing those like the plague but we'll see.
"Being abandoned to my enemies, abandoned by one for whom I once had considerable affection and respect, was like being murdered…and surviving."
-Darth Caedus

Wolfninjajedi
04.19.2014 , 10:15 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by StarSquirrel View Post

Shall I call the Doctor?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

tunewalker
04.19.2014 , 10:15 PM | #9
I get the feeling from this clip (especially seeing it'll be on Disney Channel XD) that this series is going to be heavily aimed towards a very young audience. That kinda pisses me off mainly because that's the very reason I refused to watch TCW until it came out on Netflix.

It took TCW 2-3 seasons to get a tone that could be appreciated by an adult audience imo. By the look of this series so far I'm thinking a similar situation might take place, if they even care about the adult audience at all.

Now don't get me wrong, I understand Star Wars is historically a more family-friendly franchise than many, but kids series lack in depth what clone wars seasons 3-5 (and 6 I guess) had and for the most part.

I honestly don't see much of a different between Season 1 and 2 versus 3-5 the only difference I have been seeing is they actually have more over arcing stories in 3-6, less episodic mini stories more character development and actual plots that move forward kind of thing.

Beniboybling
04.20.2014 , 06:34 AM | #10

I disagree, from this single clip see little difference at least in terms of humor (which is all we saw here) that in the later seasons of Star Wars and honestly I feel it is far to earlier to judge. Saying its going to be "heavily" geared towards a "very young" audience seems in itself laughable if you have experience with actual kids shows.

Nor should you pretend your a spokesperson for any one group, different people like different things and I know for a fact that many adults enjoyed the earlier seasons of the clones wars as well as the later series as well as many age groups in-between. I think its wide fan base speaks volumes about its ability to appeal across the board.

Of course some people will fall through the cracks but I think approaching it with a more open mind would help. IMO this clip here is very reminiscent of scenes from the Millennium Falcon in the Original Trilogy, its a good vein.
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
Honestly I am hopeing it has more of an over arcing story and less episodic.

That's the one thing I didn't care to much for so far in Clone Wars. Its very episodic feeling with a few story arcs thrown in, but for the most part you can watch almost any episode in almost any order with a few exceptions, because they essentially are all short stories with the same characters used and that's it.

I would prefer if it was more of an epic telling one long tale rather then a bunch of short ones all containing the same characters.
But on the other hand it meant the series was able to explore a wide range of characters, locales, species, events etc. which is something I'll miss as we're unlikely to see such a wide scope in Rebels.