Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My guild is falling apart. How can I stop it?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
My guild is falling apart. How can I stop it?

Adaliaya
04.13.2014 , 01:45 PM | #1
Yeah so. I am a member of guild, but many people are leaving it. Officers seem to be not interested in it, and many of activie members are saying they may leave soon. I am worried. What is the best place to find active good players. I'm not a officer but I would propably get anyone to guild if needed so, has anyone any experience how can this kind of situations be handled?

Saregon
04.13.2014 , 02:10 PM | #2
Find a group of people that care about each other and care about the game they're playing. Trust me, they exist, I've been in one for 6 years now, we're even a multi-game guild, but most of us are currently playing TOR and aren't looking to move somewhere else any time soon.
N e v e r . F o r g e t

Adaliaya
04.13.2014 , 02:20 PM | #3
it would be great but I happen to be a noob. With noob I mean I am not capable to do HMs and NiMs with expection or HM Toborro. I know that there is people having nice communities but... I am too noobish to do challenging content with anyone
With 25% leaving for other guilds, 25% leaving for eso etc. and 25% going inactive I'm honestly starting to become a bit desperate

WPSHEARN
04.13.2014 , 03:20 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Adaliaya View Post
Yeah so. I am a member of guild, but many people are leaving it. Officers seem to be not interested in it, and many of activie members are saying they may leave soon. I am worried. What is the best place to find active good players. I'm not a officer but I would propably get anyone to guild if needed so, has anyone any experience how can this kind of situations be handled?
I'm a GM. We had 450 members 6 months ago and 175 sub/preferred players. Now it's down to 290 members and 64 sub/ pref. My feelings are that FTP, lack of new content and poor customer support are causing more experienced players to find other games and cancel existing subscriptions.

I really don't have an answer for you other than maybe form you own Guild with some friends that have the same goals in the game as you do. I wish you luck.

ScarletBlaze
04.13.2014 , 04:19 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Adaliaya View Post
I am a GM and though we are a small guild we basically have the same members (though we have added some as well). We have a great group that actually cares about each other and we help each other when we can. There are some basic rules (such as showing respect to each other and non members) Some of us, including myself, are still learning some of the end game items but none of the guild will ever leave a member out if they want to go and do something.

We believe the hard modes, op are all fun to do but they are not something you put first before a person. We also have this believe real life comes first and we never fuss at someone because they can't play like someone else. We work together as a family and I will defend my members and they have defended me as well.

It takes a little work but if you find the right group of people you can accomplish what you want to do. Good luck.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: A Time for Renewal[ https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/sK3jz376Zu8

terzappi
04.13.2014 , 04:37 PM | #6
Same experience.

I've noticed that only casual guilds are surviving. So, with no end-game content in the immediate future, and the release of wildstar, this game will march to a dark path.

Adaliaya
04.13.2014 , 09:25 PM | #7
Sounds sad, but thanks for replies all
I really liked my guild, but maybe relaese of new content brings some players back who knows

Saregon
04.13.2014 , 09:59 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by terzappi View Post
Same experience.

I've noticed that only casual guilds are surviving. So, with no end-game content in the immediate future, and the release of wildstar, this game will march to a dark path.
DOOM & GLOOM!

Yes, TOR is gonna die, just like it did when GW2, ESO, and whatever other FOTM game gets released.
N e v e r . F o r g e t

Adaliaya
04.14.2014 , 03:26 AM | #9
eso will be there but what I'm worried about is my guild. What will I do if I will be that one and only person online all times that really makes me concerned

Heal-To-Full
04.14.2014 , 03:53 AM | #10
Gather who's still playing and join an existing and populous guild?
What we must fight for is to safeguard the existence of the Sith race and the Sith people, the glory of our children and the purity of our blood, the freedom and independence of the Empire, so that we may fulfill the mission allotted us by the Force itself. Everything must be examined from this point of view and used or rejected according to its utility.