Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tionese, Columi, and Rakata vendor solution

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Tionese, Columi, and Rakata vendor solution

NewserCoull
04.13.2014 , 08:13 AM | #1
Yes, yes, I know: another "put old armor back in the game" post. Before I say anything about the old gear, let me first say when I got into the game a few years ago or so, I wasn't the biggest fan of the endgame gear but as I looked at it more and watched many videos for the game, they really impressed me. The original sets all seem like the appropriate types of gear that the 8 classes would wear during the games time period. The Oricon armor looks cool but in my opinion really seems wrong for the classes to wear. "Oh but the Consular hat is disgusting, the Jedi shoulder pads are ugly, blah blah blah."- people who think their opinion of the gear is beyond true. Listen: some people like and love the gear, some don't. To those who do not: if you see someone wearing Tionese, Columi or Rakata gear, there is ZERO need to bash them for wearing something they like just because you don't! Now, a solution for putting old gear back. It's simple: just add the T/C/R gear to the Classic Gear vendor or put a vendor behind the current PVE vendors labeled with something like "Elder Gear" or something like that. Putting them on the Cartel Market is not a great option. There are things that can be put on there, and some that can't. The original end game gear can not. Putting it as orange Legacy gear wouldn't be too bad but I think just putting the T/C/R gear-weapons, armor, relics, implants, earpieces offhands, etc., the original stuff- would be the best decision. Please just put the gear back as it all was.
Peace and Justice

Isaacone
04.15.2014 , 07:41 AM | #2
Thank you. someone else who feels the same as I do. Bring back the t/c/r gear but put in a special vender that either makes the gear bind on pickup or bind to legacy. Thats the only way it should be done. on the cartel market would make it available on gtn and would in turn make it over priced. Doing it at a vender for commendations would be the best thing

AlrikFassbauer
04.15.2014 , 12:24 PM | #3
I'd like to see the old gear being sold by reputation vendors.
Quote: Originally Posted by Surbatu View Post
When everybody plays one class = perfect balance. Right? Problem solved.

venomlash
04.15.2014 , 12:37 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
I'd like to see the old gear being sold by reputation vendors.
200% this.
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony

NewserCoull
04.15.2014 , 06:22 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Isaacone View Post
Thank you. someone else who feels the same as I do. Bring back the t/c/r gear but put in a special vender that either makes the gear bind on pickup or bind to legacy. Thats the only way it should be done. on the cartel market would make it available on gtn and would in turn make it over priced. Doing it at a vender for commendations would be the best thing
I agree with you 100% on your last sentence the most, i agree with everything you said but mostly having a vendor for commendations for the gear would for sure be the bet thing in my (I guess you could say) our opinion. Having it as Rep stuff would be fun but I prefer it to be as it originally was. Or as close to as it originally was-again, the last sentence u said.
Peace and Justice

-Spc
04.17.2014 , 12:52 PM | #6
Yes bring back rakata gear it was awesome looking, more in this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=665783

Sangiban
04.18.2014 , 06:53 PM | #7
*applauds this idea*
Personally I feel that since the class specific T/C/R looks identical (except for colour I think) just pick one of the "brands" & sell that. The vendor is already named "Classic Gear" so it's not a big change. Like others have said, putting the sets on the CM will just be awful and yet another example (one of many, in my opinion) of abusing the CM's existence.
Quote: Originally Posted by My Lord Sheogorath, Daedric Prince of Madness View Post
I suppose an introduction is in order. I'm Sshheogorath, PRRRRINCE. OF. MADNESS! And... other things. I'm not talking about them.

NewserCoull
04.19.2014 , 12:53 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Sangiban View Post
*applauds this idea*
Personally I feel that since the class specific T/C/R looks identical (except for colour I think) just pick one of the "brands" & sell that. The vendor is already named "Classic Gear" so it's not a big change. Like others have said, putting the sets on the CM will just be awful and yet another example (one of many, in my opinion) of abusing the CM's existence.
Thank you for the appreciation! Could you explain a bit what you mean hy brands? By brands do you mean vendor type?
Peace and Justice

Sangiban
04.19.2014 , 03:26 PM | #9
By brands I mean the "name brand" of the item. i.e. Tionese, Rakata, Columi, Marauder's, Powertech's, Echani, Mandalorian, etc
Quote: Originally Posted by My Lord Sheogorath, Daedric Prince of Madness View Post
I suppose an introduction is in order. I'm Sshheogorath, PRRRRINCE. OF. MADNESS! And... other things. I'm not talking about them.

MishraArtificer
04.19.2014 , 03:43 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Sangiban View Post
*applauds this idea*
There were some major differences on some of them.

The Agent, for example: The Enforcer and Field Medic sets had no armor on the front and the hood up, whereas the Field Tech set had light plating on the front and the hood down. (If they could just get us the Field Tech jacket with the hood UP, that would be great...)
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!