Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Starfighter medals?

Jgaran
04.11.2014 , 02:11 AM | #1
Ok so made an ingame post to the gm's and got the usual I am droid "00-00" please type your request on forums. So here I am and my problem is this. What is going on in Starfighter? First sometimes peoples starfighters are taking hits with absolutely no damage. True I do have some lag issues but often when I am online I play when this is not so much of an issue. But I tend to use a gunship which I bought with cc cause it had torps and railgun. But its not just the one fighter this happens on.

Second issues.
Medal counts. I began noticing there was a difference in what happened during the game and what reports afterwards. During one match I deliberately set out to achieve high medal count normally I don't care about this stuff but it was becoming annoying that I was always getting 0, 1 or 2 medals. I killed two ships, 4 defence turrets, 4 assists, helped cap 2 points and held one of them for more than a minute. By my calculations I should have got 6 but came out with 2. This is not even mentioning the damage.

So is this a universal bug or is starfighter screwing up and the medals system needs an overhaul?
What good is a reward if you aint around to spend it?

OwenBrooks
04.11.2014 , 02:16 AM | #2
No idea about the medal count, but can tell you how to run a verification on the files and delete the games cache file

If you have the letters ST on the lower left of the launcher after login, close the launcher
right mouse click on the game shortcut, select open file location , delete the bitraider folder and then in a swtor folder here delete the file called diskcachearena (don't delete the swtor folder) then start the launcher.

If there is no letters ST on the lower left of the launcher after login, goto the lower left cog and press the repair button, still delete the diskcachearena file before launching the game as per above.

Jgaran
04.11.2014 , 04:03 AM | #3
Thanks for the info sadly I checked this out and I actually don't have bitraider file
What good is a reward if you aint around to spend it?

OwenBrooks
04.11.2014 , 04:20 AM | #4
If there is no letters ST on the lower left of the launcher after login, goto the lower left cog and press the repair button, still delete the diskcachearena file before launching the game as per above.