Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Computer Overheating

Rasen
04.10.2014 , 03:49 PM | #1
Hey all. Rarely if ever used this forum so bare with me lol.

This past week my computer has been having overheating issues. I play SWTOR and can feel the computer getting hot. Occasionally this has caused my game and computer to completely freeze forcing me to restart. I cleaned out the dust inside and have 3 fans actively circulating air. I downloaded Speedfan to gauge my temp and see that the game pushes my GPU to 62C on average. I tried lowering settings, but it didn't work. Most likely it is an issue with my PC, but I'm just hoping maybe someone here knows something I may be missing.

Whatever you need of me I will try and provide. Thanks.

Uncle_Robo
04.10.2014 , 10:03 PM | #2
It's time to get a new computer.
In the meantime, I recommend removing the side panels of the case and keep a household fan blowing onto the motherboard and hard drives.

MilesTeg_cy
04.11.2014 , 06:32 AM | #3
Can you please share your configuration? What kind of coolers you are using for your GPU and CPU, stock or custom?

62C is not high for a GPU, it must be about CPU or mobo. Ofcourse if it is a heat problem. First we have to rule out this possibility.

Can you please check your motherboard and CPU heat levels?
All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. - Frank Herbert