Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

can not retrive server list after installing 2.7

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
can not retrive server list after installing 2.7
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Densefurry
04.08.2014 , 04:41 PM | #1
I downloaded and installed the patch and started up the game. It started me at the select a sever screen but there were no servers I could select. so I logged off and logged back in the same thing happened said select server but there were no servers showing to select. I tried this a couple more times to get the same thing so i logged off and waited about an hour and a half and got the same problem. If any one has any insight on this problem I would appreciate the help

Drazzious
04.08.2014 , 04:46 PM | #2
I'm having the problem,

JEDICHACON
04.08.2014 , 07:15 PM | #3
I am having the same issue, why is nothing being done about this?

darkeloookle
04.08.2014 , 08:33 PM | #4
Same problem!!! GRR BIOWARE DO SOMETHING!!!

Beesodd
04.09.2014 , 07:53 AM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi, please double check your firewall and/or Anti-virus settings. It's likely that since the game client has been updated, the game is now being blocked by security software. Removing and re-adding the game to your exceptions lists will usually help to resolve this issue.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

IMPatrick
04.09.2014 , 08:33 AM | #6
OK, I knew this is pointless since I've done this step many times before but decided to give it a try one more time - still getting no servers on my list. Also can't acces In-Game Help, not to mention this ticket thing or Live Agent. Just saying because haven't mentioned it before.

Beesodd
04.09.2014 , 08:44 AM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Since your client can't talk to the internet, these things wont' show up. Check for any traffic management software or secondary anti-virus functions.

Try a Clean Boot, in case some other 3rd party program is interfering.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

IMPatrick
04.09.2014 , 09:14 AM | #8
I am not aware of having any traffic management software. Also, I am always trying to disable any unconvenient functions in my AV (I am using COMODO Internet Security which also provided me its own Firewall).

OK, I tried Clean Boot, to be honest, without any hope. But here - surprise! I can see my character select screen. Now the question is, is there any way to see what could possibly cause the problem (I mean, why it is working on Clean Boot, but it's not when starting my system normally)?

Beesodd
04.09.2014 , 09:20 AM | #9 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Just try turning on what you normally have on bit by bit and narrow down to the culprit. If and when you find it could you post it, so we'll have another example of something to look out for in futue.

Smilinghost
04.10.2014 , 03:48 AM | #10
Hi! I had the same problem. (Error code 4004), and clearbooting solved it too. And I am a COMODO user also so I thought I'd start with that. Put it back on, started the game. It started updating something really quick, than got stuck at 96.99% And it's there for a while now. I love this game. I waited a couple of years to justify myself a reason to buy a videcoard that takes it. Now I'm playing, even subscribed, for I love it so much. But this is getting on my nerves. Please help us