Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What stats does Oricon gear give?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
What stats does Oricon gear give?

TheRandomno
04.04.2014 , 12:26 PM | #1
The Oricon story gear with 66 mods gave me less than 25 health, yet I've seen someone with over 30k with everything rating 66 or under, including quite a few dark blue and green items.

Any suggestions as to what might give them so much HP?

Khevar
04.04.2014 , 01:12 PM | #2
Here's a resource for you: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/

Click the "Character Builder". You can set up your character, skill trees, etc. and fill each gear slot with different gear and can see different results.

(Edit: You may already know the below, but just in case)

The gear level is displayed in the parentheses.

(66) Basic
(69) Arkanian / Black Market
(72) Underworld / Verpine
(75) Kell Dragon
(78) Dread Forged / Oriconian

Basic gear is a reward for the Oricon planetary quests (and are purchased with Makeb Basic Commendations). Arkanian / Underworld / Kell Dragon / Dread Forged drop from Operations, and Black Market / Verpine / Oriconian can be purchased with Commendations.

TheRandomno
04.04.2014 , 01:50 PM | #3
I DON'T GET THIS WHAT IS ORICONIAN?

Is it DP and DF armor? Please read my question.

TheRandomno
04.04.2014 , 01:51 PM | #4
Oricon story gives free 66 mods gear. Basic is 69 with basic comms, elite is 72 with elite comms and ultimate is 78 with ultimate comms.

Black Market stuff comes from Basic Gear vendor.

bmanoilescu
04.04.2014 , 02:03 PM | #5
For the question in the OP, 30k is about right for a player in full 66 gear with full purple 28 augments, and with some kind of decent relics. Also, be aware there is a bug sometimes when inspecting a player, earpieces and implants may show as green when in fact are blue or purple - the stats are still correct, just the color is wrong.

For the later question, Oriconian armor is the name of the grade 78 armor sold for ultimate commendations.

Essence_of_Light
04.04.2014 , 02:30 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by bmanoilescu View Post
For the question in the OP, 30k is about right for a player in full 66 gear with full purple 28 augments, and with some kind of decent relics. Also, be aware there is a bug sometimes when inspecting a player, earpieces and implants may show as green when in fact are blue or purple - the stats are still correct, just the color is wrong.

For the later question, Oriconian armor is the name of the grade 78 armor sold for ultimate commendations.
^Pretty much this.

I don't remember exactly, but when I did Oricon on one of my toons (after getting all the gear) I had somewhere between 26-28k health.
For the Republic!
Click my referral link here for 7 free days as sub, free server transfer, free CC unlocks, and other bonuses!

phalczen
04.04.2014 , 02:43 PM | #7
They may have class buffs, endurance talents, or endurance-heavy item modifications that you do not. Not all rating 66 stuff is created equal.

EDIT: also, did you remember to take the right gear set? The mission rewards give you a choice between three options just like there are three options at higher tiers of gear (Sages get a healing and 2 dps options, Shadows get a tank and 2 dps options, Guardians get a tanking set and 2 dps set options, etc.)

psandak
04.04.2014 , 03:04 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRandomno View Post

Oricon is a planet where the "Dread Masters" now reside. Both the Republic and Imperials send forces to deal with this threat once and for all. There should be an NPC on fleet that starts the Oriconian story quest line. Once there you go through a series of quests and at the end of each you get a piece of gear that has artifact quality grade 28/66 item modifications in them. The final steps of the story are to "invade" the Dread Fortress and Dread Palace, but those operations drop better than grade 28/66 gear; they drop grade 31/72 in SM and 34/78 in HM.

TheRandomno
04.04.2014 , 03:26 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Oricon is a planet where the "Dread Masters" now reside. Both the Republic and Imperials send forces to deal with this threat once and for all. There should be an NPC on fleet that starts the Oriconian story quest line. Once there you go through a series of quests and at the end of each you get a piece of gear that has artifact quality grade 28/66 item modifications in them. The final steps of the story are to "invade" the Dread Fortress and Dread Palace, but those operations drop better than grade 28/66 gear; they drop grade 31/72 in SM and 34/78 in HM.
I would have said "Oricon" if I didn't know what that was.

It's just I'm hearing people say "Oriconian" and I'm thinking the 66 mods stuff and they're thinking the ultimate comms items with 78 mods.

I'm pretty sure I only had two choices for armor, and when I inspected someone with 30k most stuff was more willpower than endurance.

This basic comms farming is a pain, I'll need quite a lot to get into TC or S&V since the first thing the inviter looks at is HP.

Khevar
04.04.2014 , 03:27 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRandomno View Post

An explanation of Oriconian:
http://dulfy.net/2013/10/01/swtor-dr...armor-gallery/

Note the paragraph at the top of the article:
Quote:
A gallery of the new Dread Forged and Oriconian PvE armor available with SWTOR Patch 2.4. Dread Forged set is purchased with tokens while Oriconian set is purchased with Ultimate commendations and lacks the set bonus. Both armor sets are rating 180 (78 mods) and are adaptive.
"Purchased with tokens" means that if you run HM Dread Fortress or HM Dread Palace, you can get a "token" for killing the bosses that can be exchanged for the Dread Forged gear at the vendor.

Here are the loot tables for those operations:
http://dulfy.net/2013/09/30/swtor-dr...eration-guide/
http://dulfy.net/2013/10/04/swtor-dr...eration-guide/

Edit: Here is an example of piece of Oriconian gear:
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/517...k-1-chestguard