Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Makeb - why

Amilyne
04.03.2014 , 07:52 PM | #1
I gotta say I've loved they game until I reached this planet (Makeb). Now I feel almost like not playing anymore. I'm not sure, were to go from here. I reached 55 and now I need gear, but it seems like every other NPC on this planet is an elite that can't seem to be CC. The game has just become far too frustrating now. If all the quest are meant to be group, fine, but they should say so. I just spent 20, 000 credits in repairs. When I almost had this one (of many) impossible strong druids suddenly almost down, a weak NPC spawns and kills me. It's as if this planet was designed by different people all together who love making players suffer
/end rant

Not sure what to do and how to progress or even how to get gear. I've hit a brick wall on Makeb.

Loc_n_lol
04.03.2014 , 09:18 PM | #2
That's... intersting, I find it rather easy for he most part, although I suppose that really depends on your class/spec and level/gear. Some form of aoe damage helps make things quick. You really don't need a group to play the Makeb main story.

If you have played any flashpoints from directive 7 and up you had a shot at some campaign/black hole gear. The one-time mission for the rakghoul flashpoints rewards a campaign mainhand weapon, which should serve you well until level 53 at least. For the rest of your gear you can buy rakata mods from the makeb comms vendor on the fleet or on makeb. And if you don't have any of this, search the GTN for level 51+ green pieces of gear with your main stat, they should be cheap but still be nice upgrades to anything green/blue up to level 50.

Starting from level 53 a new tier of moddable gear becomes available (rating 148 & 156), this is already overkill for Makeb and is starter gear for level 55 content, but getting it through the GTN may get a bit expensive.
Normally you would go to Oricon at level 55 to get some gear but if ou're havin trouble on Makeb, maybe it's best not to set foot on Oricon just yet...

So, I gues the question is, what's your gear like ? Did you play through Ilum and did you have any difficulty ?

Essence_of_Light
04.03.2014 , 09:21 PM | #3
1st thing. Yes, Makeb is more annoying than any of the other planets, especially for fresh 50s. The reason why? The insane mob density (no idea why they thought it was a good idea). I hate the Makeb mob density, it isn't particularly hard for me, but it is a pain in the arse.

2nd thing. Gearing up when you reach 50 is important. You can do this several ways, 2 of which are buying some fairly decent 50 gear from the GTN or spending Planetary Comms for better gear/mods (if you have enough).

If even after gearing up you're having trouble, I recommend leveling to 55, then do the Makeb storyline. You can level up from 50-55 by doing the level 50 daily areas (Ilum, The Black Hole, Section X). You can also level up by doing level 50 flashpoints or find a group to carry you through one or two level 50 operations (Eternity Vault, Karraga's Palace, Explosive Conflict).
For the Republic!
Click my referral link here for 7 free days as sub, free server transfer, free CC unlocks, and other bonuses!

toha
04.03.2014 , 09:24 PM | #4
Can we get a little more info? spec, gear status(i.e greens or orange as well as A/E/M level), companion,rotation and so forth.

Makeb isn't supposed to give you problems at 55 and up to date gear, Oricon on the other hand
Quote: Originally Posted by Essence_of_Light View Post
Nobody wants your scams.

And if you spent your time doing this, then you are a fool. Shoo, shoo. Get lost.

mike_is_valid
04.03.2014 , 11:27 PM | #5
Makeb at 55 should not give you too many problems anymore, so i think t is your gear.
At 55 (depending on class) you and your comp should be around ~32 K HP in purple 28 (oricon lvl) gear. This gear is readily available on GTN or if you have Cybertech you can craft it. All you slots should be full by now. For the beginning you can get two relics for WZ comms, until you can get better ones. Implants and ear from GTN or crafting, some drop in the Czerka FP.
You may want to tell us what gear you currently have for better advice.

MidichIorian
04.04.2014 , 12:47 AM | #6
I started on a pretty lenghty post but came to the conclusion that I was just trying to say "L2P" in a nicer way. But L2P is what this boils down too.

Yes, makeb can get really annoying with the tight mob spawns but that's all there's to it and if you can't handle them then it's because you don't know how to play your class. I've power leveled my last six or so chars and jumped straight to makeb the second I hit lvl 47, due to it being easy EXP there, and I havent had any issues, give or take the first boss (I'm still lvl 47 at the time and he's a lvl 52). Here's the thing, if I'm a lvl 47 then my gear is usually lvl 40-45 (companion is in even worse gear) so there goes the gear argument out the window.

JouerTue
04.04.2014 , 05:57 AM | #7
i think the last itme i managed the planet at 48..you make ton of exp so even undergeared you can finish the story..for sure it's crowded with mobs adn you always finish to aggro multiple groups..if you have not a stealth class or tanking / positioning skills you must kill pull by pull to avoid this..watch for patrollers, since they are oftenm strongs/elites..do oricon with a group to grab 156 gear and you'll be fine on makeb

AlrikFassbauer
04.04.2014 , 05:58 AM | #8
Avoiding mobs is the only way to go, same as on Oricon.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

TheRandomno
04.04.2014 , 10:14 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by mike_is_valid View Post
Makeb at 55 should not give you too many problems anymore, so i think t is your gear.
At 55 (depending on class) you and your comp should be around ~32 K HP in purple 28 (oricon lvl) gear. This gear is readily available on GTN or if you have Cybertech you can craft it. All you slots should be full by now. For the beginning you can get two relics for WZ comms, until you can get better ones. Implants and ear from GTN or crafting, some drop in the Czerka FP.
XD Oricon gear has lvl 66 mods, it's worse than basic. I have less than 25k with Oricon gear, care to explain?

toha
04.04.2014 , 10:24 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by mike_is_valid View Post
My Merc healer in almost full 72 has about 36k, augs and all, in Oricon gear I had about 24k. Only thing I can think of that might come close to these numbers is a Tank. and even then it would be what 30k max?
Where did you pull that 32k from?Endurance heavy 69 blues?
Quote: Originally Posted by Essence_of_Light View Post
Nobody wants your scams.

And if you spent your time doing this, then you are a fool. Shoo, shoo. Get lost.