Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Those SWTOR/MMO Moments

EranofArcadia
04.19.2014 , 09:02 AM | #31
Another one:

Doing Assault on Tython, fighting that elite major (I can't remember his name - Onis?)

He's laying down the orbital strikes. They kill me (as they have every time I have done this FP.) Lucky for me, I get a combat rez. So I pop back up and . . . immediately die to yet another orbital strike. Like, I took one step forward and then I was dead.

jedimasterjac
04.19.2014 , 12:12 PM | #32
I do remember one story that is tragic, but with a happy ending.

In trying to find a guild on my 55 Juggernaut, I came across one run by a guy we'll call Dicky. He was recruiting for a roleplaying guild, and I was extremely happy, not having RP'd in ages. I quickly join, and am welcomed happily. There are something of 50 players online, in a guild of 85. Dicky here had been doing some mass-recruiting, trying to get as many people as possible.

I continued talking to Dicky, brought up that I had some experience running guilds and such, and it was also brought up that I was female. Upon hearing this, Dicky promoted me to "Emperor," giving me as much guild powers as possible. I'd been in the guild five minutes. And while this might sound bad, can I be blamed for wanting to keep some of that power?

As time goes on, I recruit some real RP'ers, and over the course of a few days I have a band of 8-10 loyal people who know what they're doing. Unfortunately, the rest of the guild does not. Dicky is inviting anyone and everyone, and we reach 180 members by day three.

The days pass until a week has gone by, and most of the true RP'ers are upset/concerned. Dicky can't run a guild, most people can't RP, and Dicky has made some rather inappropriate comments to multiple female members. A friend and myself work together to gather as many people in secret, preparing a mass exodus. In the end, we got 34 loyal members to leave.

We orchestrated the plan, and, let me tell you, it was beautiful. My friend started typing into chat, basically listing everything wrong. Dicky kicks him from the guild. Then it's my turn. I list my problems with him. He whispers me, and goes on in chat, practically crying about how his "wife" had "betrayed the emperor." I was cracking up at this point, and then we all /gquit.

In the end, we went on to start a much more successful, much more serious roleplaying guild. While it didn't last extremely long, the time our new guild lasted was very fun. I made some of my closest friends on SW:TOR thanks to that awful man Dicky.
Quote: Originally Posted by Atticus Finch
“Courage is not a man with a gun in his hand. It's knowing you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do.”

Nivek_Sivad
04.23.2014 , 07:35 PM | #33
I remember once, there was my old guild master, named A'thena, and back in the day, I wasn't as ICly strong as I am today(Meaning I was around level 40, and a mere acolyte in the guild), and our guild master...She god modded A LOT...Which means, in RP, she'd constantly do things that could be a toon killing move, without rolling, or asking if it was alright.

Anyways! She had just been brought back form a rakata mind trap, and my toon, Rikor, kinda told her off right before she was imprisoned in said trap, and she came out saying "Rikor, come give ole' A'thena a hug, for old times sake, yes?" *Evil grin*. And of course, I couldn't refuse...My main character ended up taking a lightsaber to the gut, and then slashed upward, cutting open his chest.

bionamaster
04.25.2014 , 10:22 AM | #34
Are we still working with moments from other MMOs? Because I had a great moment in a different game a while back.

Planetside 2

I was on my New Conglomerate character, taking a Terran Republic base. I had just cleared off a hallway with three enemy players in it (a remarkable feat, considering I usually die after killing just one opponent) as I heard gunfire coming from an adjacent building. I jumped from the second story to the ground and ran in the door just in time to see a lone friendly player finish teamkilling one of our own squads. He turned to leave, presumably to flee to another part of the battle to further weaken our efforts, when he found himself face-to-face with me. The traitor frantically tried to reload, but to no avail. I emptied a barrage of Gauss rounds into his face at point blank range, killing him almost instantly. One of the most satisfying kills of my gaming career.
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!

jedimasterjac
04.27.2014 , 05:58 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Nivek_Sivad View Post
I remember once, there was my old guild master, named A'thena, and back in the day, I wasn't as ICly strong as I am today(Meaning I was around level 40, and a mere acolyte in the guild), and our guild master...She god modded A LOT...Which means, in RP, she'd constantly do things that could be a toon killing move, without rolling, or asking if it was alright.

Anyways! She had just been brought back form a rakata mind trap, and my toon, Rikor, kinda told her off right before she was imprisoned in said trap, and she came out saying "Rikor, come give ole' A'thena a hug, for old times sake, yes?" *Evil grin*. And of course, I couldn't refuse...My main character ended up taking a lightsaber to the gut, and then slashed upward, cutting open his chest.
I heard stories of that rather crazy person from someone else... Regardless, they sound absolutely insane.
Quote: Originally Posted by Atticus Finch
“Courage is not a man with a gun in his hand. It's knowing you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do.”

Nivek_Sivad
04.27.2014 , 10:06 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by jedimasterjac View Post
I heard stories of that rather crazy person from someone else... Regardless, they sound absolutely insane.
Who was it? :O

Forgettableone
05.07.2014 , 09:52 AM | #37
Just had a doozy of an encounter...

Minding my own business GSI grinding on Ald when a call comes over general "can someone help me?"... nothing unusual there really considering it's a grinding planet... a couple of people ask for a little more detail - no response.

2 Minutes later, the same guy asks again, so I end up sending him a /whisper to see what the bother is. Apparently this poor soul's having trouble with his class quest, I ask him the usuals - is he the right level? is he and the comp appropriately geared? both answers are yes - I do a quick /who to find out what class he is (Sin) and ask him to double check Khem's gear and that it's defense based as he's mentioned the companion won't tank - to which he replies "Khem? I'm using Revel" /facepalm number 1.

This gentlemen then proceeds to ask me whether Sin or Mara's better for DPS, and I tell him Mara (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, it's ages since I've played my sin) but then proceeds to log his mara in... and asks me how can he do the quest he was having trouble with on his Sin... /facepalm number 2

I once had faith in humanity...... once
Requiescat in Pace

VitoRazoR
05.07.2014 , 05:58 PM | #38
Waiting for balloon to the datacron in Tatooine an imperial player stood there too. We /bowed and decided to wait together. Had a bit of a chat. Got on the balloon and dropped down - on the wrong side of the vehicle! Both of us jumping and jumping, couldn't get to the datacron! So we decided I'd try to detonate him to the other side, which worked. He then returned and force pushed me onto the other side. We both dropped off to get the second datacron on the vehicle.

So glad opposing factions can communicate properly!

EranofArcadia
05.07.2014 , 08:41 PM | #39
Trying to get HK. Just need the last piece. Get into HM Foundry. Little difficulty, even though most of us hadn't done it before. Only a couple of deaths. Get to the last fight. Take him down to about 1/3 health And then . . .

Hailstorm knocks out my internet connection. Oh well. Maybe next time.

bionamaster
05.10.2014 , 10:35 AM | #40
My Guild and I were running some Warzones last night. We ended up in an extremely intense Novare Coast match. We started out capping the Middle and Western turrets, and held the line. The Imps wouldn't go down easily thanks to their extremely talented Sorc, but evenbtually their numbers began to drop. Then they stealthily capped our Western turret. The battle raged on, and eventually we were at 2% to their 20%. But at the last moment, one of our Officers and I captured the Eastern turret, and we won. It was the most intense match I've ever been in in SWTOR.
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!