Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Those SWTOR/MMO Moments


EvilTazz's Avatar


EvilTazz
04.05.2014 , 11:43 AM | #21
One of my favorite and most fun moments in SWTOR was back before 2.0 in 10-49 PvP.

I was twinking at the time on my sniper, had him in full 48 purple modded gear, min/maxed with augments and playing Engineering. Me and a friend qued up, him on his sorc, me on my sniper. We got a Huttball and the match was pretty even, overall a good game, with a few funny moments, but the best of all was killing 7 of their team within 3 seconds. (Not due to my twinking)

Me and said friend were waiting on one of the walkways outside of the enemy spawn, when 7 of their team, come running towards us, I use my defensives and get ready for aoe heaven, place down orbital, which back then in my gear could crit for 5k a tick and wait. They're all stood in my orbital when just before the first tick, my buddy knocks all 7 of them into the fire-pit where they melt.

Safe to say we spent the next couple of minutes giggling like mad.
Kuurth - Krytus - Dha'rok
<Obviously>

DSpectre's Avatar


DSpectre
04.05.2014 , 04:54 PM | #22
I Think i'll post these up on an Image share site saying "The good moments of SWTOR that make you want to play the game" or something along those lines.


SO i'll start on the ones i have already since they all seem to be good towards NICE moments.


Maybe we can start getting Guilty Confessions of things you did in SWTOR to intentionally cause chaos or grief? Hoping to get some good ones!


PS I enjoy reading all your replies, i'll see if i can add one or two more of my own sometime soon when i have a few minutes.

Happy Gaming!

-Nikki <3
"Who I am is not important, my message is."
―Revan

Nivek_Sivad's Avatar


Nivek_Sivad
04.11.2014 , 01:05 PM | #23
This is a story of me blaming another player for something in SW:TOR.

This happened recently, about a week or two ago...It was around 9:30, and I had been working all day. I decided to log in, and conveniently there was a group on Scum and Villiany 16 Man, Story Mode running. I joined it as a tank(Which I am very proud of), and things were going along smoothy.

We got to Titan 6, the Second boss, and the leader was explaining the fight to some noobs that hadn't ran it before, so the rest of the raid members were jumping around and jokingly claming rocks to hide behind whenever the time came to hiding. Weeeeeell...One player, my friend named Je'ss, was jumping up and down on a rock near the boss, claiming it was hers, so I thought to myself "****, i need to find myself a rock." I spotted my rock, which I thought would be convenient for the first part of the fight, since it was literally five feet to the right of the boss.

I began running to the rock, but realized that would cause aggro to the boss, but I was too late. AS I was backing up, I aggroed him, but he instantly switched targets to Je'ss, and I totally just blamed it on her, and made it sounds realistic. She ended up frantically apologizing and crying, and she kept apologizing over and over again.

The evil side of me was evilly cackling to this.

Server: Begeren Colony.
Tank toon I was using: Rikor(Hit me up if you see this! )

bionamaster's Avatar


bionamaster
04.11.2014 , 02:31 PM | #24
Another moment I thought I'd mention:

SWTOR

The Shadowlands

This was during one of the first few Bounty Weeks. I was taking down the Kingpin on Voss as my Level 55 Sentinel, and trying to solo it. I actually was winning, until the minions showed up. Treek went down, and I started taking large amounts of damage. I popped my Defensive Cooldowns and prepared to go down fighting. Just then, an Imperial Sniper wandered in. I assumed he wanted to laugh at the poor Jedi getting shot to pieces by some ex-Czerka art fanatic. But then, much to my surprise, he started taking down the minions. Thanks to his intervention, I managed to stay in the fight and finish the boss off with a well-placed Merciless Slash. To show my gratitude, I stayed and helped him take down the boss himself. We then went our separate ways. I may not remember your name, Sniper, but I salute you.
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!

PaxSithari's Avatar


PaxSithari
04.12.2014 , 09:02 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by bionamaster View Post
Another moment I thought I'd mention:

SWTOR

The Shadowlands

This was during one of the first few Bounty Weeks. I was taking down the Kingpin on Voss as my Level 55 Sentinel, and trying to solo it. I actually was winning, until the minions showed up. Treek went down, and I started taking large amounts of damage. I popped my Defensive Cooldowns and prepared to go down fighting. Just then, an Imperial Sniper wandered in. I assumed he wanted to laugh at the poor Jedi getting shot to pieces by some ex-Czerka art fanatic. But then, much to my surprise, he started taking down the minions. Thanks to his intervention, I managed to stay in the fight and finish the boss off with a well-placed Merciless Slash. To show my gratitude, I stayed and helped him take down the boss himself. We then went our separate ways. I may not remember your name, Sniper, but I salute you.
Nice! I admit, I do help cross-faction. My scoundrel helps Sithy types with their kills, especially the tower bonus on Oricon. Of course, I also tickle cross-faction from stealth.

There's my guilty admission: I'm a stealthed tickler. If you're on Shadowlands and you are touched by an unseen assailant, THAT'S ME!

The other half is, my non-stealth toons also cross-faction tickle. Usually it's /tickle, then /wink.
We've forgotten what it is to be Jedi. So I'm going to do some real Jedi work now, and help someone in trouble rather than talk big concepts and run errands for politicians - Bardan Jusik

The Shadowlands, home to awesomeness

Tazhok's Avatar


Tazhok
04.13.2014 , 07:18 AM | #26
One of my noob moments. It was a year or two ago, and I was playing my Sith Warrior on Voss. I needed a couple more exp to level and was getting my butt handed to me by a quest, so I was hoping that leveling would solve some of that as I already had a new hilt and some gear that would help.

I see a bunch of Republic guys standing around, near this cliff face, that has a long path above it. And I see a blue inter actable item. I think to myself SCORE LORE ITEM! I can level, equip this stuff, and go back an finish this quest. At the time there were like 7-10 Republic guys hanging out but I figured, I wasn't flagged or anything, no issues. So I click the blue inter actable item.

That is when all hell broke loose and I summoned a world boss; much to my chagrin and embarrassment. I ran like hell and I think I wiped out all the republic players, I almost logged on a Republic toon and apologized but I was too embarrassed and logged off.

PaxSithari's Avatar


PaxSithari
04.13.2014 , 01:26 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Tazhok View Post
I see a bunch of Republic guys standing around, near this cliff face, that has a long path above it. And I see a blue inter actable item. I think to myself SCORE LORE ITEM! I can level, equip this stuff, and go back an finish this quest. At the time there were like 7-10 Republic guys hanging out but I figured, I wasn't flagged or anything, no issues. So I click the blue inter actable item.
I believe everyone, at least once in the SWTOR career, has clicked that item. They should just label the damn thing "FREE CANDY".
We've forgotten what it is to be Jedi. So I'm going to do some real Jedi work now, and help someone in trouble rather than talk big concepts and run errands for politicians - Bardan Jusik

The Shadowlands, home to awesomeness

Kronosam's Avatar


Kronosam
04.13.2014 , 04:15 PM | #28
Its in a spoiler as Sith Warrior spoilers

Spoiler
Marauders can use double bladed lightsabers
Te end

YoshiRaphElan's Avatar


YoshiRaphElan
04.13.2014 , 09:36 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by PaxSithari View Post
I believe everyone, at least once in the SWTOR career, has clicked that item. They should just label the damn thing "FREE CANDY".
I never have because I've heard stories about people who have, and I really have no desire to die.

EranofArcadia's Avatar


EranofArcadia
04.15.2014 , 10:00 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by PaxSithari View Post
I believe everyone, at least once in the SWTOR career, has clicked that item. They should just label the damn thing "FREE CANDY".
They specifically mention that over at TVTropes as a perfect example of "schmuck bait."

So of course, after reading about exactly what would happen if I clicked it, when I saw it . . . yup, I clicked it.

Worth it.