Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[Underworld Trading] PLLEEEAASSE fix underwlorld trading

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Underworld Trading] PLLEEEAASSE fix underwlorld trading

Fidelicatessen's Avatar


Fidelicatessen
04.16.2014 , 06:33 AM | #21
It's obvious everyone needs purples while leveling. Because ... purple!

So buy your rare mats from me because ... um ... the price is so good! And the quality! Just look at that sheen!

The OP is trolling, I think. Because this is a pretty stupid whinge. Still, 5/10 for the stupid whinge because you got so many folks in a lather over it. Good luck leveling in purples! See you at 55 ... next year!

psandak's Avatar


psandak
04.16.2014 , 07:23 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Bristol View Post
Translation 1:
Why don't you just play the game the way that " I " do, it is so glaringly obvious that it is the right way.

Translation 2:
If they make it easier for someone to gather raw materials, that will mean that I have to change the way that " I " play the game. Since " I " play it right, your point is not valid.
I will admit, I don't see the logic. It was an honest question: why delay playing a character you enjoy playing for a month just because it does not have the best mid-level purple items that will be replaced in two hours anyway? Especially when the blue quality stuff is more than adequate to overpower the content.

JacksonMo's Avatar


JacksonMo
04.17.2014 , 10:00 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
I will admit, I don't see the logic. It was an honest question: why delay playing a character you enjoy playing for a month just because it does not have the best mid-level purple items that will be replaced in two hours anyway? Especially when the blue quality stuff is more than adequate to overpower the content.
PvP?
Admittedly, you'll level up quickly and those purples will be outdated, but while they are current, bolster will give you a huge boost and allow you to dominate pvp matches.

DawnAskham's Avatar


DawnAskham
04.18.2014 , 11:54 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by JacksonMo View Post
PvP?
Admittedly, you'll level up quickly and those purples will be outdated, but while they are current, bolster will give you a huge boost and allow you to dominate pvp matches.
Twinking (min / maxing a leveling PVP character) is something I imagine very few do in SWTOR, and if that is what someone wants to do, then they should be prepared to put in significant effort to out gear their opponets.

If everything were changed the way the OP outlined, purples would be easier to obtain, more people would have them, and thus they would give you less of an advantage.

psandak's Avatar


psandak
04.20.2014 , 09:57 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
Twinking (min / maxing a leveling PVP character) is something I imagine very few do in SWTOR, and if that is what someone wants to do, then they should be prepared to put in significant effort to out gear their opponets.

If everything were changed the way the OP outlined, purples would be easier to obtain, more people would have them, and thus they would give you less of an advantage.
+1 on both counts

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
04.20.2014 , 01:28 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
I will admit, I don't see the logic. It was an honest question: why delay playing a character you enjoy playing for a month just because it does not have the best mid-level purple items that will be replaced in two hours anyway? Especially when the blue quality stuff is more than adequate to overpower the content.
Just as a comment on this. I've actually crafted purples for a toon I'm leveling.

It does take forever, and it does have to be done well in advance. But I've got oodles of mats in my cargo hold, so I sometimes I just feel like putting the mats to use.

Anyone can solo H4s while overleveled. It's fun to see if I can gear up enough to let me tackle them at or below level.

Kernel_Cinders's Avatar


Kernel_Cinders
04.20.2014 , 02:29 PM | #27
Just my own 2cp here, specifically on what the original poster was saying about Underworld Rank 4 . . .

I think there are 18 missions in the Underworld 4 tier. 10 are gift, 4 are metal, and 4 are fabric. Working as intended? As a time-sink, yeah it's working damn good! *LOL* Fortunately, my own solution is having 16 characters (one of each class from both sides and eight more for pharming mats) and 11 of them have UW, specifically because I knew UW was going to be the most time-consuming to get purples for upgrading gear (Armor, Mods, and Ears). I realized this doing Tier 1.

As for myself, the worst one for me in getting purples is Diplomacy. There just aren't that many Bountiful/Rich Medical Supply missions, and those are the only missions I do if I can help it, but hey, if I want my characters to be decked out in purple, then I have to pay the price, but when they're done their stats are oh-so-nice . . .

I have yet to start doing any Rank 5+ on a regular basis and I know it only gets more difficult. I really like the crafting system in SWTOR compared to EQ and RIFT. Those required going out and killing stuff for hours on end. In SWTOR, I can do crafting missions while doing whatever else I want to do.

GAME ON ! ! !

P.S.: Typing kills . . .