Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher will not install patch 2.6.2- repair not working either...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Launcher will not install patch 2.6.2- repair not working either...

SlimsPicken
03.28.2014 , 10:00 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Let me think a few minutes , see if a re-download is avoidable
At this point it might just be the best bet...I have the physical disks so i think its just a 9-12GB patch after the main disks install, im just worried to do all that for nothing if it just goes straight back to repair after reinstalling.

I did copy my settings as you posted earlier- very helpful in any case
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

OwenBrooks
03.28.2014 , 10:04 PM | #22
If you have the disks, I agree it maybe very worthwhile ,

if the download stops at any point when doing by the disks just run the setup from www.swtor.com/download over the top ( there was a disk version (not all) that stopped so may not occur )

I also think your right download from disks is also about 9GB

Edit - if it goes back to repairing after a clean install , chkdsk and memtest maybe worthwhile doing at that stage

SlimsPicken
03.28.2014 , 10:06 PM | #23
If you have the disks, I agree it maybe very worthwhile ,

if the download stops at any point when doing by the disks just run the setup from www.swtor.com/download over the top ( there was a disk version (not all) that stopped so may not occur )

I also think your right download from disks is also about 9GB
wish me luck, ill report back if this was a solution in case others have this issue.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

Asno
03.28.2014 , 10:55 PM | #24
I'm having the same issue... Stuck at Main Assets 156, the launcher freezes at 0%. Tried to change DNS, no effect. Going to see if changing launcher settings does anything.
Asno, Rodian Smuggler, Tarquinas

OwenBrooks
03.28.2014 , 10:59 PM | #25
Stopping 0% is more delete the retailclient_swtor.version file step if DNS change didn't help

No swtor unleashed or deleted loadingscreen.jpg ? both can do a halt as well

Asno
03.28.2014 , 11:27 PM | #26
Stopping 0% is more delete the retailclient_swtor.version file step if DNS change didn't help

No swtor unleashed or deleted loadingscreen.jpg ? both can do a halt as well
I have run Unleashed before, but didn't touch it this time. Tried deleting retailclient_swtor.version and the diskcachearena file, nothing.

OwenBrooks
03.28.2014 , 11:29 PM | #27
The important thing with unleashed is that it is set to "Retail" before patching

Asno
03.28.2014 , 11:49 PM | #28
The important thing with unleashed is that it is set to "Retail" before patching
Tried everything in this thread and still nothing. Deleted the "patch" and "assets" folders, the ones I mentioned above, tried to change DNS, disabled bitraider, and tried a client repair and reinstall. Still freezes every time at Main Assets 156 at 0%.

When I deleted the patch and assets folders, the client downloaded them, and I was hopeful that I had fixed it. But right when it came time to install, it froze at the exact same place again...

OwenBrooks
03.28.2014 , 11:50 PM | #29
also try a clean boot in case something else is stopping the install - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
Edit - or safe mode with networking

Asno
03.29.2014 , 12:07 AM | #30
also try a clean boot in case something else is stopping the install - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
Edit - or safe mode with networking
Nothing... It appeared to check the install, then freeze at 0% again.