Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher will not install patch 2.6.2- repair not working either...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Launcher will not install patch 2.6.2- repair not working either...

SlimsPicken
03.27.2014 , 01:06 PM | #1
Hello,

I need some customer service help on why my launcher will not update with the 2.6.2 (assets 161) patch???

I updated as normal, the patch went to install, and the launcher just gets stuck. it prompts me to use the repair function, which I do...then the repair function downloads the repair patch, then it too gets stuck on install...

This has been going on now since last tuesday when 2.6.2 patched, I have not been able to patch or login to the game since.

I have played since prelaunch with this copy of the game, and never have had this issue before.

So what does one do when the repair function wont even function??? I am trying to avoid a complete reinstall... but have tried other solutions from looking here- flushed DNS, CHKDSK, etc... nothing helps.

As background I have done no downloading or installing of programs, nothing at all has changed on my machine to cause an issue, and I have played for 2 years on this copy of the game and never seen this happen before. So why now, and how can I get this repaired?

I am growing concerned about being unable to login for so long because I have 50+ million credits of items on one character in my mail that will probably be deleted in a week (as has happened before with the ****** mail system in game) and this represents the majority of my in game wealth...

I am also not a tech guy, so Im pretty stuck on ideas other than re install...which opens a whole new can of worms if unsuccessful.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

OwenBrooks
03.27.2014 , 11:00 PM | #2
I gather you are using the original launcher by the sounds of it, ie no bitraider (not a bad thing)

ensuring that you have the launcher closed and gone from your Processes list in Task Manager, delete the following files from the main game directory:
- "Patch" folder
- "Patcher_-1toXX" or similar folders
- "assets_swtor_XXX_XXX" or similar folders (do not delete the folder named "Assets")

See if this helps first up

Steelgramps
03.28.2014 , 02:14 AM | #3
I have the same issue as Slim, also been playing on the same copy since early access. Now all of a sudden a patch comes along and break it. "Installing Main Assets 156 (0%) (18.90KB/s)" haven't changed in several hours.
Tried the above suggestion and still no progress. Please Help!

OwenBrooks
03.28.2014 , 02:37 AM | #4
First do you use swtor unleashed and didn't go to "retail" prior to patching ? or ever removed the loadingscreen.jpg , both these can cause 0% halts

also try deleting the file called retailclient_swtor.version and see if that helps the 0% halt, even just run the setup from www.swtor.com/download back over the top

Steelgramps
03.28.2014 , 03:11 AM | #5
Thanks for suggestions, never Heard of unleashed, but i'm trying your suggestions right now. Will report back on progress.

/Update:
Seems like downloading the client and reinstalling over the old one might be the solution, the minimum download is now complete and i can log in to the game (only playing on the starter planets yet though). It now installed the streamed launcher even though i don't really want that, being able to play is better than not having the streamlauncher.
Thanks alot for all help!

SlimsPicken
03.28.2014 , 08:46 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
First do you use swtor unleashed and didn't go to "retail" prior to patching ? or ever removed the loadingscreen.jpg , both these can cause 0% halts

also try deleting the file called retailclient_swtor.version and see if that helps the 0% halt, even just run the setup from www.swtor.com/download back over the top
I do not run bitraider (dont even know what that is) just the basic copy of the game ive been updating since pre launch. no unleashed, I have no tech skill for that stuff.

Still the same issue after deleting what relevant files I found as listed in the post above.

The step in the post that I quoted seems to be a complete reinstall...was hoping not to do that, though i have the discs if needed, I just hate to lose all my UI and whatnot in game and if the reinstall doesnt work then what...

I appreciate your help since customer support around here seems to mean players help players, not a yellow to be found.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

OwenBrooks
03.28.2014 , 09:02 PM | #7
The steps above aren't meant to be a new download (well it never used to be) , you can check you haven't switched to bitraider by checking the launcher.settings as per - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=673714

also if you want to back up your UI files they are in a GuiProfile folder located at
•Press the [Windows] Key + [R] at the same time.
•Copy the following in to the text box and press ok: %localappdata%\swtor\swtor\settings

capelinha
03.28.2014 , 09:24 PM | #8
My launcher is also having issues it patches to 97.99 and just sits there ? It was fine yesterday but i logged in today and it starting patching

OwenBrooks
03.28.2014 , 09:31 PM | #9
capelinha

Few things that have popped up as a fix recently

First change your DNS to googles 8.8.8.8 and see if any change

Try deleting the bitraider folder and the diskcachearena file as well, if the dns change has no affect

SlimsPicken
03.28.2014 , 09:34 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Few things that have popped up as a fix recently

First change your DNS to googles 8.8.8.8 and see if any change

Try deleting the bitraider folder and the diskcachearena file as well, if the dns change has no affect
Yes - NOTE this is a complete download again

right mouse click on game shortcut and select open file location

open the launcher.settings file in notepad and locate the below line and edit to the below

, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\"}"
, "bitraider_download_complete": { }
, "log_levels": "INFO,SSNFO,ERROR"
, "bitraider_disable": "true"

SAVE the changes.
Delete the BitRaider, Movie and Asset folders then start the launcher.

or if you have the old version still on another computer , copy all the game folders over to this computer
edit - going BR to SSN is a complete re-download, going SSN to BR isn't

Edit - updated directions above

was working on this fix you posted in the other thread...do you mean to delete the main asset folder? the main movies folder? I dont have bitraider folders or files anywhere, but have multiple assets files one main folder in yellow and several white subfolder type asset files

I am in totall yover my head when it comes to deleting files and whatnot and I have no idea how to change or what a DNS is