Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Have to max out affection with comps to get their % bonus?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Have to max out affection with comps to get their % bonus?

nightsproull
03.25.2014 , 05:49 AM | #1
Do I need to max out companion affection to get the bonus, or just do all the quests related to them? It seems the quests are related to their affection level.

I have Sith Huggernaut and Sith Sorc.

Fidelicatessen
03.25.2014 , 06:16 AM | #2
HUGGERNAUT! A friendly Sith Warrior.

Each 2000 affection gives you +1% to crit on all crew skills.

Maxing out affection gives you +10 Presence on all characters in your Legacy.

Finishing all the conversations gives you the companion class bonus (e.g. Ranged DPS companion will give all toons in your legacy +1% Accuracy).

Also, every point of affection will increase your companions' efficiency at running crew skill missions.

Cernow
03.25.2014 , 07:38 AM | #3
Also note that just getting a companion to 10k affection does not automatically give you their legacy bonus for that companion type. You need to have completed all conversations with that companion, which might also mean completing their companion missions if they have any (usually it's only the companions you get early in the game which have their own missions).

Companion conversations are also tied to your progress in your class story. So if you haven't completed your class story you might not get access to all conversations until you have. You might find you complete an Act of your class story and suddenly unleash a flood of companion conversations. This is most likely to happen with your starter companion.

nightsproull
03.25.2014 , 08:59 AM | #4
Okay cool. It's my understanding maxing out Vette will give me 1% accuracy for all of my toons then. I'm trying to find a chart about which of my other story companions will give bonuses useful. I found the one for my sorc.

Eternalnight
03.25.2014 , 09:19 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by nightsproull View Post
It's my understanding maxing out Vette will give me 1% accuracy for all of my toons then.
It doesn't.

Completing all companion conversations on a Ranged DPS companion such as Vette will give 1% crit chance to all toons in the server.

1% accuracy is gained from a melee tank companion (Boonmark for a Sith Warrior)

nightsproull
03.25.2014 , 09:50 AM | #6
Thanks for the clarification. I found an excellent guide with a bit of searching.

Venea
03.25.2014 , 03:38 PM | #7
Note that you only get ONE of each Companion Archtype bonus. IE: Melee Tank. Khem, Broon, Skadge, I forget who else :B
They give 1% accuracy and 10 presence, as well as reducing cooldown and increasing duration on your Heroic Moment, on the first one you complete the Companion Quests for (The conversations and quests). Note, it's the Quests, not simply maxing out affection.
But every subsequent Melee Tank you complete will only give you the 10 presence, and none of the other bonuses.

But anyway, again, it's not based on reaching 10k affection, but completing their quests (which requires you to get dang close to 10k)

AlixMV
03.25.2014 , 03:48 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Fidelicatessen View Post
Maxing out affection gives you +10 Presence on all characters in your Legacy
From empirical evidence in my Legacy, I think the +10 Presence requirement is only finishing the conversation chain for each Companion, not maxed out Affection. Finishing the convo chain generally takes less than 10K Affection to do.
~ Jedi Covenant ~ (formerly Kass City & Canderous Ordo)
Sollyni ~ Brixyl ~ Jynnifyr / Serateh ~ Ydris

Khevar
03.25.2014 , 04:46 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AlixMV View Post
From empirical evidence in my Legacy, I think the +10 Presence requirement is only finishing the conversation chain for each Companion, not maxed out Affection. Finishing the convo chain generally takes less than 10K Affection to do.
This is correct.

And if anyone is interested, about 1/3 down the page are the "companion affection triggers":
http://dulfy.net/2012/04/22/companio...nuses-for-1-2/

You can see how many affection points it requires to trigger the final conversation for each companion (so long are you are in chapter 3 of your class story).

nightsproull
03.26.2014 , 04:36 AM | #10
Luckily I don't care about crafting or presence all that much, so I won't be doing this with most of my characters once I've got the five slots unlocked for acc/sur/crit/health/heal-received

What a massive money sink. And the stupid companion gift vendor doesn't even offer decent gifts for several of the companions to get past 4000 for a reasonable price.