Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So it seems TFU really isn't canon no more...maybe.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
So it seems TFU really isn't canon no more...maybe.

Wolfninjajedi
03.22.2014 , 04:16 PM | #1
https://twitter.com/A_Targaryen/stat...64438785396736

Though I can't seem to see the answer, looks like that it isn't. What's more is that this is even coming from last year in Dec.

So with all this now and with Rebels coming, seems to me TFU series is now kaput. Or at least it strongly suggests that it will be.

I suppose we shall see when Rebels come, but with that tweet and then also referencing that the RA started in TCW(wasn't there an episode about it?) and Rebels coming...seems likely. Which means also a certain someone's death has been retconned....again....only backwards.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

ShenLongKazama
03.22.2014 , 05:02 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post

Though I can't seem to see the answer, looks like that it isn't. What's more is that this is even coming from last year in Dec.

So with all this now and with Rebels coming, seems to me TFU series is now kaput. Or at least it strongly suggests that it will be.

I suppose we shall see when Rebels come, but with that tweet and then also referencing that the RA started in TCW(wasn't there an episode about it?) and Rebels coming...seems likely. Which means also a certain someone's death has been retconned....again....only backwards.
What sorcery is this? I still prefer the TFU story to the rebels stuff. And that's only the beginning. When the new movies are finished, and we get information about the story and characters, probably the whole EU after ROTJ is screwed.
空の、エンターザボイドと風になる
------------------------------------------

cs_zoltan
03.22.2014 , 05:05 PM | #3
No Galen
Epic Shaak Ti death replaced with a noob's death

The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. Now get out of here.

The Red Eclipse <PC Gamer Mint Imperials>
Kja, Kejann, Aemis, Kyr, Kyra'h, Kssa, Frngit, Lama, KalkMaelin, Morwy

ShenLongKazama
03.22.2014 , 05:09 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by cs_zoltan View Post
No Galen
Epic Shaak Ti death replaced with a noob's death

Everything included is gone. It's true that the alliance was inoffically created during ROTS, but this is just stupid. I don't care about the rebels crap.
空の、エンターザボイドと風になる

cs_zoltan
03.22.2014 , 05:13 PM | #5
The Rebels is a pestilence, first they cancel TCW because of it and now it retcons TFU. Wish it was never created.
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. Now get out of here.

The Red Eclipse <PC Gamer Mint Imperials>
Kja, Kejann, Aemis, Kyr, Kyra'h, Kssa, Frngit, Lama, KalkMaelin, Morwy

StarSquirrel
03.22.2014 , 05:30 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post

I don't think there was an episode in TCW that showed a start of the rebellion... I just binge watched all 6 seasons and I don't recall seeing an episode that deals with the RA.

And yeah, I can't find the answer as well. As far as we know it could have been a fan spreading a rumor, till I hear it from Leland Chee or the Rebels series I won't believe it. There is so much in flux and so much rumored with all the new content being released, I don't think much of anything is solid right now, cept that we know what is canon now will stay so till it is said otherwise.
I know if you look deep into your heart- which is currently all over that tree- you'll find a way to forgive me.

Aww, geez you look like a puppy! A blonde, eviscerated puppy!

-Alucard

ShenLongKazama
03.22.2014 , 05:41 PM | #7
The Rebels is a pestilence, first they cancel TCW because of it and now it retcons TFU. Wish it was never created.
Galen Marek > Non-canon
Discount Aladdin > Canon?

FU Disney seriously.
空の、エンターザボイドと風になる

Wolfninjajedi
03.22.2014 , 06:06 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by StarSquirrel View Post
I don't think there was an episode in TCW that showed a start of the rebellion... I just binge watched all 6 seasons and I don't recall seeing an episode that deals with the RA.

And yeah, I can't find the answer as well. As far as we know it could have been a fan spreading a rumor, till I hear it from Leland Chee or the Rebels series I won't believe it. There is so much in flux and so much rumored with all the new content being released, I don't think much of anything is solid right now, cept that we know what is canon now will stay so till it is said otherwise.
It just seems to be bits and pieces coming together really. Though I don't think it was a rumor, I mean a question like that being asked to someone who doesn't know? But we shall see, though it seems like it's set up as such.

I mean we got Rebels coming out, we got Greg Wiseman who worked on TCW and now Rebels saying the latter is gonna show the founding on the RA.

Then there is this tweet from last year

Oh just found it, the roots are in season 5 with A war on two fronts, Front Runners, Soft War and Tripping points. Or so says the wiki anyhow.

Then you have the vision with Yoda and someone's particular death.

/Shrug

It just seems....to be heading that way really. But I guess we shall see.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

jaytdasme
03.22.2014 , 06:16 PM | #9
Good.

I genuinelly enjoyed TFU. it was my first PS3 game purchase and i had a lot of fun with it. But, Galen was ridiculously OP. i didn't play TFU II, (too many bad reviews) but cannon or not the game really made it seem like he was >Palp & Vader....
Do or do not. There is no try.

Essence_of_Light
03.22.2014 , 06:26 PM | #10
This sums up my thoughts almost word for word.

Curse you Disney!
For the Republic!
Click my referral link here for 7 free days as sub, free server transfer, and free CC unlocks!