Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars Episode 7, set 30 years after ROTJ..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Star Wars Episode 7, set 30 years after ROTJ..

Wolfninjajedi
03.18.2014 , 01:29 PM | #1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/...rn-of-the-jedi

Hmm....so confirmed the movies are set 30 years after ROTJ. So...this would mean 30 years after ROTJ, would mean...around the time of the NJO/Legacy era?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

jaytdasme
03.18.2014 , 01:37 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/...rn-of-the-jedi

Hmm....so confirmed the movies are set 30 years after ROTJ. So...this would mean 30 years after ROTJ, would mean...around the time of the NJO era?
That's cool and all.. but I'm thinking that's about a decade too far....
“Do or do not. There is no try.”

Beniboybling
03.18.2014 , 01:42 PM | #3
Erm, this is like the oldest news regarding the new movies that there is lol.

Seriously though I'm pretty sure it was announced months or weeks after the Disney buy off.

Wolfninjajedi
03.18.2014 , 01:43 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Erm, this is like the oldest news regarding the new movies that there is lol.

Seriously though I'm pretty sure it was announced months or weeks after the Disney buy off.
It is? What?...When? Article was just posted confirmation. I don't recall anything about them stating about anything of when the movies were gonna take place, all I just kept seeing was speculation.

But if it's already been posted of and such then...well sorry for posting old news, thought it was new.

Beniboybling
03.18.2014 , 01:54 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
It is? What?...When? Article was just posted confirmation. I don't recall anything about them stating about anything of when the movies were gonna take place, all I just kept seeing was speculation.

But if it's already been posted of and such then...well sorry for posting old news, thought it was new.
Yeah they are basically just reiterating the only thing they have told us for sure so far lol.

Anyway though its a legitimate discussion. Legacy era is probably too far but I think it opens up the possibility of retaining New Republic, and immediate post-Endor era and then scrapping the NJO.

StarSquirrel
03.18.2014 , 01:58 PM | #6
The biggest thing to take away from the recent announcements is that filming is still slated to start May and they seem to be staying on schedule so far.

But yeah Wolf, the time-period for these movies has been known nearly since episode VII was announced.

As for Beni, I think it is more than likely we'll see some iteration of a New Republic but I'm curious if there will still be an Imperial Remnant and if so, what role it plays (bad guy / enemy of my enemy / reluctant ally / etc...) so many options there, assuming it is present at all.
I know if you look deep into your heart- which is currently all over that tree- you'll find a way to forgive me.

Aww, geez you look like a puppy! A blonde, eviscerated puppy!

-Alucard

Wolfninjajedi
03.18.2014 , 02:01 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Yeah they are basically just reiterating the only thing they have told us for sure so far lol.

Anyway though its a legitimate discussion. Legacy era is probably too far but I think it opens up the possibility of retaining New Republic, and immediate post-Endor era and then scrapping the NJO.
Oh...well now I feel silly.

jaytdasme
03.18.2014 , 02:27 PM | #8
Really wanted to see Leia vs Beldorion :-\
“Do or do not. There is no try.”

Vassajj
03.18.2014 , 04:41 PM | #9
if i remeber what I've been hearing recently it should end up revolving around jaina after jacen turns to the dark side..

TheWhiteBarontwo
03.18.2014 , 04:47 PM | #10
Well I hope the vong don't get chopped I just got over not liking them at all.