Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is the most powerful force user ever existed?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
What is the most powerful force user ever existed?

StarSquirrel
03.16.2014 , 08:22 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
You are *a lot* confused it seems.
Luke has plot and Lucas armor.
And the moment the new movies were declared,everything post ep 6 is under question at least and null and void at the most.So basically the only thing protecting his position is a canon statement and blood relation to the Chosen one.

And yes i have read all Star Wars EU,except X-wing.And also post ep 6 EU is so extremely and overwhelmingly bad,unless you were born before 1990, that I wonder how can anyone take seriously this stuff.I read it,just because it has the name Star Wars on it.

Luke's story ended at ep 6.It's about to be continued in ep 7.So yes, realistically he is not,yet.
No, no I'm quite certain I see things clearly.

The news that the new movies are coming only tells us that at some point in the future (for now its December 2015) there will be new content that, when released, will retcon Post-RotJ lore. The news that the sequel trilogy is incoming does not in fact retcon anything for the purposes of discussing the Star Wars Franchise (at least on this forum.)

If you personally don't consider the Post-RotJ as "canon" because you don't like it or are anticipating the new movies then by all means go ahead do so in your own head. But when you are talking to other people, we really couldn't care less on your opinion of how valid the Post-RotJ era is. I consider it canon till the new movies are actually released and thereby retcon it and for the purposes of just about every thread here that is the case.

First, X-wing series was one of the best written Post-RotJ series so you're missing out.

Second, while in some cases the storytelling suffers and characters are predictable due to Plot Armor, the Post-RotJ Eu is pretty good and forms a major chunk of all SW lore so to disregard it due to your personal bias is silly You'd be better served discussing your criticisms with writers in a RL literature discussion rather than make claims against canon based on how much you liked the book.
Zey: "Kal, you know that the Sith are bad news. They're evil. They've always been the cause of endless war and carnage across the galaxy."
Skirata: "Oh, that's a good one. 'My decapitations are more morally valid than your decapitations.' Only difference I can see is that they plan to end up with trillions dead, and you do-gooders manage it by accident."

sell-dog
03.16.2014 , 09:48 PM | #12
The Palpatine that existed in ROTJ was already the Most Powerful Sith (Canonically and Empirically). Luke in ROTJ is no joke either and I always thought select works would be wiped not necessarily all of it.

In either case the movies won't come out for a while so there's really no reason to discuss something that hasn't happened yet. We also have no idea of the power level of the characters in this trilogy or even the characters themselves outside of the big 3.

(Before anyone asks or assumes, I missed seeing any of the OT in theaters by a few years. I really should never have to announce this fact when mentioning to people that have only played SWTOR and read Revan that Vitiate is not the greatest thing there ever was.)
"What's the difference between hot and cold doughnuts?"
"The difference is: cold ones I can eat 8, hot ones I can eat 48!"

Kaedusz
03.16.2014 , 10:05 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by StarSquirrel View Post
to disregard it due to your personal bias is silly
yes but i am not,that's why i said, *canonically* Luke is the best.And i acknowledge it.

offtopic:Also i like /some/ of the post ep 6 EU.But not the stories which expand on the movie characters,because it give me vibes of cheap fan fiction,not serious Star Wars,the way the movies ,kotor1/2 and swtor does.(and the obvious books and comics connected to them,like Bane or Exar Kun)

Beniboybling
03.17.2014 , 01:45 PM | #14
yes but i am not,that's why i said, *canonically* Luke is the best.And i acknowledge it.

offtopic:Also i like /some/ of the post ep 6 EU.But not the stories which expand on the movie characters,because it give me vibes of cheap fan fiction,not serious Star Wars,the way the movies ,kotor1/2 and swtor does.(and the obvious books and comics connected to them,like Bane or Exar Kun)
Lets face it, unless Luke dies before he reaches his full potential. It ain't gonna happen. Luke Skywalker achieved the potential of the Chosen One, his feats merely reflect - rather than define - this fact.

That and the Sith Emperor has to topple Sidious first lol.

Kaedusz
03.19.2014 , 01:54 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post

That and the Sith Emperor has to topple Sidious first lol.
Does this mean in your opinion Vitiate is the 3th most powerful force user?

Selenial
03.19.2014 , 02:02 PM | #16
No, it means in terms of every Star Wars author in existence, Sidious is astronomically superior to Vitiate.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Beniboybling
03.19.2014 , 02:18 PM | #17
No that would be Yoda, I'd rank the Sith Emperor as 5th.

Kaedusz
03.19.2014 , 02:25 PM | #18
No that would be Yoda, I'd rank the Sith Emperor as 5th.
Who is 4th? Mace Windu or one of Skywalker's descendants?My namesake?(curious)

Beniboybling
03.19.2014 , 02:29 PM | #19
Who is 4th? Mace Windu or one of Skywalker's descendants?My namesake?(curious)
Darth Caedus.

Here is the entire list. If you recall.

Kaedusz
03.19.2014 , 02:37 PM | #20
In my opinion he is the most powerful,but still i am surprised you put him at 5th place,just behind the canon protected chracters(and my namesake). I thought you would put him way down.Like around 10th or even bellow that.

If you recall.
I don't.