Spoilers inbound! TCW Season 6 discussion thread!

Selenial

I felt it's time to make a new thread to discuss our thoughts on Season 6, instead of derailing the old one, and create a thread where major Spoilers are a given.

My personal thoughts on the Clone arc:

Absolutely loved it, really solved the mystery about Order 66 etc, I nearly cried when Fives died though :(

Really sad how he ended up being shot by a clone, found it amusing that Palpatine told him flat out of his plans to destroy the Jedi.

Really showed Anakin's attachment to the chancellor though, going from trusting Fives to close to killing him.

As for the Yoda arc, I'll talk more on it later, but for now... Thought I'd say, I loved the quote "The War has pushed all of us to our limits, I guess we're just surprised master Yoda has one..."

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suppose I should give my own thoughts as well.

The Order 66 arc was very good. Lots of mystery and suspense.

Clovis arc was... alright. Nothing special, and my issues with it are just nitpicks.

Mace Windu/Jar Jar arc. Who came up with the idea of putting Mace Windu with Jar Jar Binks? It doesn't matter, somehow it worked. Slightly disappointed in the Talzin/Windu duel, though.

The Yoda arc. I was looking forward to it, but... I can't talk about it right now. At least we got to see Dark Yoda, I guess.

I'll elaborate after I've had some time to digest things.

Suppose I should give my own thoughts as well.

The Order 66 arc was very good. Lots of mystery and suspense.

Clovis arc was... alright. Nothing special, and my issues with it are just nitpicks.

Mace Windu/Jar Jar arc. Who came up with the idea of putting Mace Windu with Jar Jar Binks? It doesn't matter, somehow it worked. Slightly disappointed in the Talzin/Windu duel, though.

The Yoda arc. I was looking forward to it, but... I can't talk about it right now. At least we got to see Dark Yoda, I guess.

I'll elaborate after I've had some time to digest things.

Did you not like the Yoda arc?

But man, That Shaak Ti scene.... I'm hoping, like the Jedi vs Clones.... It was symbolism, not her literal death.

If it was her death, I highly doubt it was grevious, she looked in Meditation... So thus her Death by Skywalker was confirmed.

However, if it's symbolism, then it could be an elaborate showing of Skywalker being the CAUSE of her death?

But man, That Shaak Ti scene.... I'm hoping, like the Jedi vs Clones.... It was symbolism, not her literal death.

If it was her death, I highly doubt it was grevious, she looked in Meditation... So thus her Death by Skywalker was confirmed.

However, if it's symbolism, then it could be an elaborate showing of Skywalker being the CAUSE of her death?

I wouldn't say I didn't like it. I had some issue with it, but that's just nitpicking that can be squared away depending on when the arc takes place.

About Shaak Ti, it is difficult to say. Always in motion, is the future. Certain, nothing is.

The retcon was stupid.

Varloum died long before 20BBY in EU, he was assassinated by Palpatine.

Sifo Dyas was personally killed by Dooku in EU.

The EU was stupid IMO there.

There's no way Valorum could be assassinated without drawing ridiculous amounts of attention, although yeh, the Dooku retcon annoyed me.

Why didn't the Jedi know Tyrannus was Dooku? There could only be two Sith, one is Sidious, another is no doubt Dooku.

It takes no brain to figure out Dooku was not the master, he hadn't quit the Jedi Order when Maul showed up.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Can someone explain to me how Padme went from "we shouldn't see each other anymore" to literally dying of heartbreak? I wasn't feeling the love between them. If anything, she should have just been like "lol, saw that coming" when he fell to the Dark Side.

Also, it turns out that Anakin is a misogynistic jerk.

Can someone explain to me how Padme went from "we shouldn't see each other anymore" to literally dying of heartbreak? I wasn't feeling the love between them. If anything, she should have just been like "lol, saw that coming" when he fell to the Dark Side.

"The happy couple ladies and gentlemen" was exactly what I was thinking during those moments. :p

Meh.

Reason she didn't want to see him was because she thought his mistrust of Clovis was jealousy, which it was, but in the end he ended up being right and she probably thought He really wasn't jealous.

That, and when she looked back on it she'd probably realize Clovis was about to rape her....

Just finished watching it. My thoughts:

I loved the Clone arc, just great. I also loved how the humor was so subtle and not cheesy. But I have a question. What happened to Yularen? In the brief scene he is in he literally looks like he has aged by a decade.

I thought the Clovis arc was great too, not possessing so much gravitas but it was still great. And damn I've got to agree with Warren. "As your husband I command you..." Woah woah woah there Anakin! Didn't they treat you gender equality at Jedi school. "You don't have a say in this!" Guess not, lol. :D It totally suited his character though so that was cool.

Concerning the Jar Jar arc, that relationship with whoever she was was just gross lol. But oh well I think Jar Jar and Windu worked pretty well together, but I agree with Aurbere, Talzin could have been utilized better.

As for the final arc, it was... bizarre but also profoundly interesting. And I love how the academy Yoda visits looks distinctly similar to the one currently in SWTOR. But... yeah... the story was like totally crazy. :D

Altogether I thought it was great, and a fitting send off for the series. All I wish is that there was more, much much more. Oh and as I side note I thought the visuals were more stunning than ever, as was the animation. At some points I was literally giggling with glee lol. :p

Lol Sel, you totally predicted Shaak Ti's death. :p

And yeah, if TFU really is non-canon, this would be her canon death I guess. Oh and one other thing. Yoda never put two and two together on like anything. I think they wen't to far with the revelations.

Just finished watching it. My thoughts:

I loved the Clone arc, just great. I also loved how the humor was so subtle and not cheesy. But I have a question. What happened to Yularen? In the brief scene he is in he literally looks like he has aged by a decade.

I thought the Clovis arc was great too, not possessing so much gravitas but it was still great. And damn I've got to agree with Warren. "As your husband I command you..." Woah woah woah there Anakin! Didn't they treat you gender equality at Jedi school. "You don't have a say in this!" Guess not, lol. :D It totally suited his character though so that was cool.

Concerning the Jar Jar arc, that relationship with whoever she was was just gross lol. But oh well I think Jar Jar and Windu worked pretty well together, but I agree with Aurbere, Talzin could have been utilized better.

As for the final arc, it was... bizarre but also profoundly interesting. And I love how the academy Yoda visits looks distinctly similar to the one currently in SWTOR. But... yeah... the story was like totally crazy. :D

Altogether I thought it was great, and a fitting send off for the series. All I wish is that there was more, much much more. Oh and as I side note I thought the visuals were more stunning than ever, as was the animation. At some points I was literally giggling with glee lol. :p

Yoda made me laugh a lot, NGL, But I loved the arc, I really did.

Clone trooper one was really sad.

I agree with the Jar Jar thing, but I'm guessing it's meant as an explanation as to where he went after Episode 3...

And damn, Talzin vs Windu should have been so much more.

I thought the clovis arc was interesting, and Loved seeing Dooku so much more this season.

Why didn't the Jedi know Tyrannus was Dooku? There could only be two Sith, one is Sidious, another is no doubt Dooku.

It takes no brain to figure out Dooku was not the master, he hadn't quit the Jedi Order when Maul showed up.

Did they know Sidious' name though? I can't remember it being revealed until Labyrinth of Evil.

On the other hand Tyranus' name is mentioned way back. I'm talking AoTC.

Yoda made me laugh a lot, NGL, But I loved the arc, I really did.

Clone trooper one was really sad.

I agree with the Jar Jar thing, but I'm guessing it's meant as an explanation as to where he went after Episode 3...

And damn, Talzin vs Windu should have been so much more.

I thought the clovis arc was interesting, and Loved seeing Dooku so much more this season.

Yeah Dooku got a lot of well deserved screen time. (Though why did he suddenly change clothes? Were they just trying to mess with our heads some more?) And I thought his duel with Anakin and Kenobi was awesome.

Shame we didn't see Ventress, Grievous or Maul though. And I'm really peeved we won't be getting an animated Maul arc... because that literally would have been the best.

Did they know Sidious' name though? I can't remember it being revealed until Labyrinth of Evil.

On the other hand Tyranus' name is mentioned way back. I'm talking AoTC.

Tyranus was never referred to as a Darth...

But yeh, Sidious I thinks name first being mentioned seems to be Yoda in the Cave on Dagobah.

Lol Sel, you totally predicted Shaak Ti's death. :p

And yeah, if TFU really is non-canon, this would be her canon death I guess. Oh and one other thing. Yoda never put two and two together on like anything. I think they wen't to far with the revelations.

Yeh, I definitely think it's her dieing by Anakin's blade.

Yeh, I don't think so.

I honestly think that by the end of it, Yoda accepted that the Jedi were going to die, there was nothing he could do... which was so sad. Because I literally love Yoda.... He's adorable and amazing and i literally love him :p

His visions of the temple were so sad...

But yeh, I think Yoda just accepted that it wasn't going to happen, or it was, and that doing anything or mentioning anything to anyone else would accomplish nothing.

Lol, look what I found on SW.com:

Dooku's sparring uniform debuts in this episode, and not only afforded the Sith Lord a new look, but also helped aid the show's budget. With costly simulations throughout this episode -- the smoky Sith apparitions, Bane's fiery form, and the cloaks of Yoda, Sidious, and the Priestesses -- Dooku's cloak would have nudged the episode beyond its restrictions.

Dooku's cape is damn expensive lol. :p

But yeh, I think Yoda just accepted that it wasn't going to happen, or it was, and that doing anything or mentioning anything to anyone else would accomplish nothing.

Yoda accepted it - because he was The Only Hope. The spark in the darkness. The light that never goes out.