Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Spoilers inbound! TCW Season 6 discussion thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Spoilers inbound! TCW Season 6 discussion thread!

Selenial
03.08.2014 , 02:13 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Did they know Sidious' name though? I can't remember it being revealed until Labyrinth of Evil.

On the other hand Tyranus' name is mentioned way back. I'm talking AoTC.
Tyranus was never referred to as a Darth...

But yeh, Sidious I thinks name first being mentioned seems to be Yoda in the Cave on Dagobah.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Selenial
03.08.2014 , 02:17 PM | #22
Lol Sel, you totally predicted Shaak Ti's death.

And yeah, if TFU really is non-canon, this would be her canon death I guess. Oh and one other thing. Yoda never put two and two together on like anything. I think they wen't to far with the revelations.
Yeh, I definitely think it's her dieing by Anakin's blade.

Yeh, I don't think so.

I honestly think that by the end of it, Yoda accepted that the Jedi were going to die, there was nothing he could do... which was so sad. Because I literally love Yoda.... He's adorable and amazing and i literally love him

His visions of the temple were so sad...

But yeh, I think Yoda just accepted that it wasn't going to happen, or it was, and that doing anything or mentioning anything to anyone else would accomplish nothing.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Beniboybling
03.08.2014 , 02:21 PM | #23
Lol, look what I found on SW.com:

Dooku's sparring uniform debuts in this episode, and not only afforded the Sith Lord a new look, but also helped aid the show's budget. With costly simulations throughout this episode -- the smoky Sith apparitions, Bane's fiery form, and the cloaks of Yoda, Sidious, and the Priestesses -- Dooku's cloak would have nudged the episode beyond its restrictions.

Dooku's cape is damn expensive lol.

AlrikFassbauer
03.08.2014 , 02:25 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
But yeh, I think Yoda just accepted that it wasn't going to happen, or it was, and that doing anything or mentioning anything to anyone else would accomplish nothing.

Yoda accepted it - because he was The Only Hope. The spark in the darkness. The light that never goes out.
“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Beniboybling
03.08.2014 , 02:26 PM | #25
Tyranus was never referred to as a Darth...

But yeh, Sidious I thinks name first being mentioned seems to be Yoda in the Cave on Dagobah.
Ah this is true. Well spotted.

Beniboybling
03.08.2014 , 02:28 PM | #26
Yeh, I definitely think it's her dieing by Anakin's blade.

Yeh, I don't think so.

I honestly think that by the end of it, Yoda accepted that the Jedi were going to die, there was nothing he could do... which was so sad. Because I literally love Yoda.... He's adorable and amazing and i literally love him

His visions of the temple were so sad...

Yeah I guess. But I think if they had put their heads together they might guess the Clones would turn on them.

Mmmm, one of the things I liked about the episode is that it made the war seem to trivial. And then when Kenobi and Windu are like "so, did you learn anything about how we can win the war" its almost scoffable.

No mate, we are all going to die.

AlrikFassbauer
03.08.2014 , 02:39 PM | #27

No mate, we are all going to die.
In the end, it was about nothing but Spirituality. Which is totally lost in this material world of ours.

Spiritual people don't fear death. Because they do know it isnot the end of everything - it can be a relief at last, and people just don't care anymore when they actually die.

A friend in another forum works in an hospice. She told us that people who die actually "let go" - and that there is suddenly a feeling of love in the air, at least that's how I understood her. And another friend in that forum told a similar thing about her father dying a month or two ago.

In spirituality, there is more than just the material world. Which materialists are not able to see.
“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Aurbere
03.08.2014 , 02:48 PM | #28
Elaborating on my thoughts.

Spoiler
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

LadyKulvax
03.08.2014 , 02:52 PM | #29
Spoiler
"Go ahead, Rebel—let's get it over with. Turn Grand Admiral Teshik to smoke. You'll be smoke, too, soon enough. For each of our wars is just one little piece of a greater war, one endless and incalculably larger."
Peace War Death

AlrikFassbauer
03.08.2014 , 02:52 PM | #30
Spoiler